Sign in to follow this  
R34P3R

Juggling, is it fair?

Thats why i am here a big mouth that never stops saying the truth.

But even i defeated u at least twice.Not First to Ten, but at least twice...

Its very fair.

Nope, it's not. We've already gone into detail on how it's not fair. I'm sorry if that's too much for you to read.

i dont get it. Magic Spamming is annoying as hell and so is Juggling, yet it's fair?

if its in the game and the DEVELOPERS do not want to take it out, then it is intended to be used in the game and should be used then. Only cheats mods and hacks should be removed from the game

i dont get it. Magic Spamming is annoying as hell and so is Juggling, yet it's fair?

if its in the game and the DEVELOPERS do not want to take it out, then it is intended to be used in the game and should be used then. Only cheats mods and hacks should be removed from the game

It's much harder to escape magic spamming than it is to escape juggling.

Also, it's apparent that The Behemoth did not intend for juggling to be used this way. As a result, they're going to increase gravity on juggled opponents, making it much harder to juggle.

I'd like to remind people, that if your not willing to change your mind in a debate, there's no point in contributing whatsoever. If you are against juggling, I'd like to see some real reason's other than personal grudges against jugglers. I'll contribute by supporting my defense on the main anti-juggler claim.

-Juggling is easy, and anyone can do it, there for it's cheap. How is this fair?

Juggling is the art of performing numerous button combo's on your opponent. For many newcomers it's not easy, and for many people it's a lot harder to get down than others. Mastering juggling takes a large amount of practice and experience. Just because juggling takes down more hit points per attack when pulled off properly, doesn't make it any more cheap than someone who rolls into a player smashing x and y. Juggling is an effective view on the combat system in Castle Crashers, and many competitive players enjoy putting more money down on the table between matches.

There's nothing wrong with choosing not to juggle, however juggling is a much more effective way of combat, and a different take on the gameplay. That in no way makes it more or less fair than any other form of combat in the game.

I always say that juggling is like comboing like in Street Fighter and MvC.

Do a powerful combo in order to take down your enemies

I'd like to remind people, that if your not willing to change your mind in a debate, there's no point in contributing whatsoever. If you are against juggling, I'd like to see some real reason's other than personal grudges against jugglers. I'll contribute by supporting my defense on the main anti-juggler claim.

-Juggling is easy, and anyone can do it, there for it's cheap. How is this fair?

Juggling is the art of performing numerous button combo's on your opponent. For many newcomers it's not easy, and for many people it's a lot harder to get down than others. Mastering juggling takes a large amount of practice and experience. Just because juggling takes down more hit points per attack when pulled off properly, doesn't make it any more cheap than someone who rolls into a player smashing x and y. Juggling is an effective view on the combat system in Castle Crashers, and many competitive players enjoy putting more money down on the table between matches.

There's nothing wrong with choosing not to juggle, however juggling is a much more effective way of combat, and a different take on the gameplay. That in no way makes it more or less fair than any other form of combat in the game.

Look, it's not that juggling is easy, per se. It's that it causes so much damage and is impossible to get out of. THAT'S what makes it cheap, rolling into somebody and mashing the X and Y buttons over and over again can be easily reversed by the opponent. Also, yes it does require practice to master, BUT it evidently isn't really a super hard thing to get down. If it was, less people would know how to do it and arena wouldn't be so loveed up right now.

Guest Spuzle

First off I don't care if you do juggle if you took the time to figure out how to do it and master it then it is a fair strategy and you can give yourself a pat on the back.

...but you guys say jugling is fair because it is hard to do.

Newsflash for all you guys who haven't ever hacked a game before it is pretty hard to do to and is probably a lot harder then juggling. Also anyone can do it they just have to practice.

So by the logic in your posts (and I have read every post) hacking is also fair because it is hard to do right?

Therefore since it is hard to do and available to everyone it should be allowed to be OP.

All I'm trying to say is all you guys exploiting the juggling glitch (and yeah it is a glitch) that say your the best don't be surprised when a hacker comes along and beats all of you using a glitch they found in the game's programing that they figured out how to edit.

Just thought I might bring this up.

Look, it's not that juggling is easy, per se. It's that it causes so much damage and is impossible to get out of. THAT'S what makes it cheap

I forget why this isn't a big deal in other fighting games again. Mind reminding me?

Because other people have a difficult time learning it.

First off I don't care if you do juggle if you took the time to figure out how to do it and master it then it is a fair strategy and you can give yourself a pat on the back.

...but you guys say jugling is fair because it is hard to do.

Newsflash for all you guys who haven't ever hacked a game before it is pretty hard to do to and is probably a lot harder then juggling. Also anyone can do it they just have to practice.

So by the logic in your posts (and I have read every post) hacking is also fair because it is hard to do right?

Therefore since it is hard to do and available to everyone it should be allowed to be OP.

All I'm trying to say is all you guys exploiting the juggling glitch (and yeah it is a glitch) that say your the best don't be surprised when a hacker comes along and beats all of you using a glitch they found in the game's programing that they figured out how to edit.

Just thought I might bring this up.

who said juggling is a glitch?

Look, it's not that juggling is easy, per se. It's that it causes so much damage and is impossible to get out of. THAT'S what makes it cheap, rolling into somebody and mashing the X and Y buttons over and over again can be easily reversed by the opponent. Also, yes it does require practice to master, BUT it evidently isn't really a super hard thing to get down. If it was, less people would know how to do it and arena wouldn't be so love up right now.

Being trapped in a juggle is your fault to begin with. In a fighting game such as this one, your entitled to your own play style, if you prefer not to juggle, that's your choice. However, that doesn't mean that you shouldn't be able to defend yourself against other forms of the combat system, such as juggling. As you've said, mashing the X and Y button can be easily reversed by a player, and competitive players of the game lean away from any attacks that can leave them wide out in the open.

Sure your losing an incredible amount of health, but it's your fault for allowing yourself to be juggled in the first place. This may be somewhat hard to do, but you need to practice to defend yourself, such as jugglers practice.

Look, it's not that juggling is easy, per se. It's that it causes so much damage and is impossible to get out of. THAT'S what makes it cheap, rolling into somebody and mashing the X and Y buttons over and over again can be easily reversed by the opponent. Also, yes it does require practice to master, BUT it evidently isn't really a super hard thing to get down. If it was, less people would know how to do it and arena wouldn't be so love up right now.

Being trapped in a juggle is your fault to begin with. In a fighting game such as this one, your entitled to your own play style, if you prefer not to juggle, that's your choice. However, that doesn't mean that you shouldn't be able to defend yourself against other forms of the combat system, such as juggling. As you've said, mashing the X and Y button can be easily reversed by a player, and competitive players of the game lean away from any attacks that can leave them wide out in the open.

Sure your losing an incredible amount of health, but it's your fault for allowing yourself to be juggled in the first place. This may be somewhat hard to do, but you need to practice to defend yourself, such as jugglers practice.

But the problem is that it's harder to defend yourself from juggles than it is to pull one off. That's what turns so many new players off. That's what makes it unfair. It's kind of absurd that you say "it's your fault for allowing yourself to be juggled in the first place." It really isn't as easy to avoid as you think it is.

actually it is rather easy to avoid being juggled...keep your distance...long range magic attacks...arrows etc....

actually it is rather easy to avoid being juggled...keep your distance...long range magic attacks...arrows etc....

You're not going to kill them with just magic attacks and arrows, not to mention that you'll likely spend a lot of your time running around/shielding.

You're not going to kill them with just magic attacks and arrows, not to mention that you'll likely spend a lot of your time running around/shielding.

yep, thats the other ingredient,along with slash n run tactics etc...

But the problem is that it's harder to defend yourself from juggles than it is to pull one off. That's what turns so many new players off. That's what makes it unfair. It's kind of absurd that you say "it's your fault for allowing yourself to be juggled in the first place." It really isn't as easy to avoid as you think it is.

You have to remember that these kind of things are what interest a large population of competitive players. Juggling is the most effective combat system in the game, and when your good at it, it can be very hard to avoid. Yet it is avoidable, and with that being said it all comes down to who the player is that's getting turned off. At the end of the day the player who has the most practice and experience will win the match, and I personally find that fair.

I think one of the reasons that newcomers might find this unfair is because Castle Crashers is easily overlooked as a non-competitive game, yet so many players can find a rushing competition in it. Simply put, a good juggler is bound to beat a newcomer. It's the newcomers choice on whether or not to join in juggling, or deny it assuming it's unfair.

wanna know how to dodge a juggler? ask feedle....hes an expert....trust me...

i know this. :x

At the end of the day the player who has the most practice and experience will win the match, and I personally find that fair.

I'm just going to question this one point here. So a player that only memorizes one combo and ignores everything else has more practice and experience than one that uses variety in their combos, but doesn't do much juggling?

1 really hard combo > a bunch of easy combos.

Opinionated, that's the why people keep arguing, because the whole "this is easier than that".

Whether it's hard or not, or even if just 1 player in the world was good enough to use it and that guy was unbeatable, that's not making it fair, simply because there is no way to defend from it and it's OP; i don't care if it's the hardest thing someone can do, it's still cheap.

Just my opinion of course.

I'm just going to question this one point here. So a player that only memorizes one combo and ignores everything else has more practice and experience than one that uses variety in their combos, but doesn't do much juggling?

I forget why this isn't a big deal in other fighting games again. Mind reminding me?

Repetition is a good way to learn things in my opinion. It's probably already been said at least a dozen times now but 1 really hard combo > a bunch of easy combos. That goes for a lot more games than Castle Crashers.

If the combo was drastically harder to memorize than the other combos, you may have an argument on your hand.

But it's just XYYY over and over again. Is XYYY hard to memorize?

Opinionated, that's the why people keep arguing, because the whole "this is easier than that".

Yes, you''re right. But the opinion is shared by the majority of the communities of every other competitive fighting game which was my main point.

If the combo was drastically harder to memorize than the other combos, you may have an argument on your hand.

Because memorizing the combo is always considered the hard part right? Although it's ironic that you brought that up since you don't know the combo yourself. I suppose it is hard to memorize since you forget it so easily.

I press the blue button once and I press the yellow button three times.

I can juggle, I'm just not good at using it on another juggler, if that makes any sense.

Also, please stop bringing other fighters into this. Just because they support cheap tactics doesn't mean we have to .-.

You're arguing how easy the combo is when you can't even do it yourself?

The juggle is xyyxyyxyxyyxyxyxyxyxyxy go pull that off in arena and tell me it's easy. That's the most complicated thing you can do in this game. Hardly boring. Two people splashing magic at each other and swinging their weapons idiotically is boring.

You're arguing how easy the combo is when you can't even do it yourself?

I can juggle .-. I usually do it in insane mode.

The juggle is xyyxyyxyxyyxyxyxyxyxyxy go pull that off in arena and tell me it's easy.

I'll brb.

That's the most complicated thing you can do in this game.

Hahahahaha, nope. Sorry. Well, I suppose it could be... if you don't know any other combos that is.

Hardly boring. Two people splashing magic at each other and swinging their weapons idiotically is boring.

No, it is boring. Why do you think your battle with Wootywootman was so boring? I don't really see how two people slashing their weapons idiotically is more boring than one person idiotically swinging their weapon in the air and one person doing nothing.

Hardly boring. Two people splashing magic at each other and swinging their weapons idiotically is boring.

No, it is boring. Why do you think your battle with Wootywootman was so boring? I don't really see how two people slashing their weapons idiotically is more boring than one person idiotically swinging their weapon in the air and one person doing nothing.

You've obviously never really got into juggling on arena, have you? Juggling, in my personally opinion is the most fun form of combat in Castle Crashers. There's nothing more rushing in the game than knowing one step in the wrong direction can leave you paralyzed. I think that your confusing juggling with, "I've got you an there's nothing you could have done!". There's so much timing and defensive tactics that you need to get down, and that's what makes competitive players lean in it's direction over the casual, "run around and hack and slash".