Sign in to follow this  
R34P3R

Juggling, is it fair?

You're arguing how easy the combo is when you can't even do it yourself?

I can juggle .-. I usually do it in insane mode.

The juggle is xyyxyyxyxyyxyxyxyxyxyxy go pull that off in arena and tell me it's easy.

I'll brb.

That's the most complicated thing you can do in this game.

Hahahahaha, nope. Sorry. Well, I suppose it could be... if you don't know any other combos that is.

Hardly boring. Two people splashing magic at each other and swinging their weapons idiotically is boring.

No, it is boring. Why do you think your battle with Wootywootman was so boring? I don't really see how two people slashing their weapons idiotically is more boring than one person idiotically swinging their weapon in the air and one person doing nothing.

Our match was boring because we were tied 2-2 and a gold plated xbox 360 was on the line. Neither of us were taking any chances, and we both played very defensively. A lot of the other matches were quite exciting. Also, juggling in insane mode and juggling in arena are two completely different things. I'm waiting for you to come up with a juggle that is more complicated.

Bear tornado combo is, but that's character specific ;)

You're arguing how easy the combo is when you can't even do it yourself?

I can juggle .-. I usually do it in insane mode.

The juggle is xyyxyyxyxyyxyxyxyxyxyxy go pull that off in arena and tell me it's easy.

I'll brb.

That's the most complicated thing you can do in this game.

Hahahahaha, nope. Sorry. Well, I suppose it could be... if you don't know any other combos that is.

Hardly boring. Two people splashing magic at each other and swinging their weapons idiotically is boring.

No, it is boring. Why do you think your battle with Wootywootman was so boring? I don't really see how two people slashing their weapons idiotically is more boring than one person idiotically swinging their weapon in the air and one person doing nothing.

Our match was boring because we were tied 2-2 and a gold plated xbox 360 was on the line. Neither of us were taking any chances, and we both played very defensively. A lot of the other matches were quite exciting. Also, juggling in insane mode and juggling in arena are two completely different things. I'm waiting for you to come up with a juggle that is more complicated.

Bear tornado combo is, but that's character specific ;)

Why does it need to be another juggle? Why can't players just make use of every feature of the game and use the other combos that were put in the game for a reason instead of relying on one combo to do all the heavy lifting for them? It's not even that hard of a combo. Well, not hard enough for players that only know that one combo to be considered more experienced that players that know every combo at least.

and that's what makes competitive players lean in it's direction over the casual, "run around and hack and slash".

You do realize that this game is a hack n slash, right? So every game element except for juggling is casual?

Honestly, there is not much else you can do in this game. We are already using everything available to us: dives, stabs, magic splashes, and projectiles. All of those things are already being used along with juggling. But, juggling is the number one damage dealer, no matter what variant of juggling you use. There are no other combos that are practical to use that aren't juggles. Try doing one of the lenghty ground combos on someone. You can't, they can slash you back and interrupt you...

I seriously don't know what you expect people to fight like to make it any more "skillful" They're aren't enough buttons or combinations in this game, sorry.

But, juggling is the number one damage dealer, no matter what variant of juggling you use. There are no other combos that are practical to use that aren't juggles. Try doing one of the lenghty ground combos on someone. You can't, they can slash you back and interrupt you...

So, jugglers are the Castle Crashers variant of people that spam frag grenades in some shooters? I mean, it's impractical to use the other weapons because they usually don't kill instantly.

Also, I have no trouble with juggling, I just don't like juggling to the extent of taking half of the opponent's health away. Increasing gravity isn't going to make juggling impossible (I don't want that), but it's going to make it a hell of a lot harder to win a game using only juggling.

But, juggling is the number one damage dealer, no matter what variant of juggling you use. There are no other combos that are practical to use that aren't juggles. Try doing one of the lenghty ground combos on someone. You can't, they can slash you back and interrupt you...

So, jugglers are the Castle Crashers variant of people that spam frag grenades in some shooters? I mean, it's impractical to use the other weapons because they usually don't kill instantly.

Also, I have no trouble with juggling, I just don't like juggling to the extent of taking half of the opponent's health away. Increasing gravity isn't going to make juggling impossible (I don't want that), but it's going to make it a hell of a lot harder to win a game using only juggling.

That is a terrible comparison. I also like how you ignored everything else I said. Heck, what do I know though? I've only been playing arena since day one.

Seems to me like you are grasping straws. Every time someone comes up with a good counter-argument, you jump to something else. I'm done. There is no point debating with someone who is fueled by a personal grudge.

I'm done. There is no point debating with someone who is fueled by a personal grudge.

It's okay to forfeit arguments :) What use is it anyways? Things are already proving to be in my favor, with the gravity increase and whatnot. I don't have to argue anymore, considering that there really won't be anything to argue about soon enough.

I'm just going to question this one point here. So a player that only memorizes one combo and ignores everything else has more practice and experience than one that uses variety in their combos, but doesn't do much juggling?

I forget why this isn't a big deal in other fighting games again. Mind reminding me?

Repetition is a good way to learn things in my opinion. It's probably already been said at least a dozen times now but 1 really hard combo > a bunch of easy combos. That goes for a lot more games than Castle Crashers.

If the combo was drastically harder to memorize than the other combos, you may have an argument on your hand.

But it's just XYYY over and over again. Is XYYY hard to memorize?

if you're pressing xyyy dude, you got problems!

...did the referees in the ToC complain about juggling even ONCE?! Cuz if they didn't then we can end this discussion right now, otherwise lets keep debating

If juggling was so easy then why did only the best jugglers get to the top in the tournument.

I think you answered your own question.

I stand by it and enjoy doing it.

Naturally.

...did the referees in the ToC complain about juggling even ONCE?! Cuz if they didn't then we can end this discussion right now, otherwise lets keep debating

While they didn't complain, Dan has expressed interest in increasing the gravity on juggled opponents after seeing the jugglefest tournament.

While they didn't complain, Dan has expressed interest in increasing the gravity on juggled opponents after seeing the jugglefest tournament.

Well to convince me, I'm going to have to see more developers of the game express this interest too.

If juggling was so easy then why did only the best jugglers get to the top in the tournument. Look its easy to do if you do it lots of times. But if you think you can master it on your first try well you cant. Juggling makes arena fun. I love fighting fighting other jugglers it is a very fun experience. i wish everyone could juggle so i have more competition. But most just cry about it and dont do it. I stand by it and enjoy doing it.

I don't think juggling is fun for everyone because juggling is fun for one side and the other no. Even if juggling gets removed from arena, I wouldn't care a bit for the jugglers. If it gets removed, what will the jugglers do? Play without juggling and find another way to kill your opponents. If the jugglers start complaining about I WANT JUGGLING BACK! Then I wouldn't care a bit.

I barely see people on Castle Crashers AT ALL NOW. Not just for Arena, but for Campaign too. A lot of the people complaining here right now dont even play this game anymore so why are they wasting our time?

Kelly has approached me since then asking me what my thoughts on solely fixing the recovery jump were. I don't know what their plans are, but it sounded like they were going in the direction of fixing the "inescapable" part of juggling, and not the juggle itself.

I voiced my thoughts on increasing gravity instead, so I don't know which they ended up going with. To be clear, the only reason I want a gravity increase is to add a new spin on a game I've been playing for years, not because I think juggling is "unfair".

Maybe not for someone just now viewing this discussion smartass.

They would find out pretty easily by just watching some of the tournament videos.

The only few people that play are some jugglers and new players. So if you get rid of juggling less people will play it then less will recomend it then less will buy it. So in the end you get rid of juggling the game loses popularity. Which is why behemoth is smart and will change juggling not remove it. As imperfect said. Balobo you seem to be out numbered.

That's some loving poopy logic. If you're not going to recommend a good game because it doesn't have juggling in it, you're really not a good fan anyways. Companies can do much better than cater to you.

So you only find interest in the game because you have a cheap advantage over the other players? Not because of the actual quality of the game itself?

I like how my post was ignored despite being the most comprehensive one on the page.

Is juggling seriously such a competitive strategy? Both users doing the same exact repetitive move is competitive? I'm pretty glad I'm not a competitive player then. I like variety and fun.

wanna know how to dodge a juggler? ask feedle....hes an expert....trust me...

i know this. :x

best way to dodge a juggler

a) use block

B) spam y magic

c) Jump up and down the screen

d) press a x 2 while in the air to do the death spin

e) hit and run

f) use a character with eradic magic (ie: bombs, ice, bees etc)

g) use hominid and spam his y magic from afar and lol

Castle Crashers isn't any different no matter how many times you cover your ears and say that other games don't matter.

So all games should be the same and follow the same rules? That seems a little boring to me but if that's how you like your games then I can't change your opinion.

Pikmin should follow Starcraft rules because they're both RTS games.

Castle Crashers isn't any different no matter how many times you cover your ears and say that other games don't matter.

So all games should be the same and follow the same rules? That seems a little boring to me but if that's how you like your games then I can't change your opinion.

Pikmin should follow Starcraft rules because they're both RTS games.

And all shooter games should follow the same rule- OH WAIT

I've beaten alot of players back in the day with hominid or green knight and just magic.

Trust me jugglers can be beaten you just need to out smart them and be patient

poison does 3x the damage of any other magic while hominids has the best range and can be spammed with ease.

Y magic can't be blocked so if you get knocked down youll get nailed again with it