Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Hatty

NINTENDO PSA

Mario's creator recently announced which Mario game was the BEST in his eyes. It is. (DRUM ROLL PLEASE)..............

SUPER MARIO WORLD!

DICUSS! Many thought Super Mario Bros. 3 is the best but um.... now that we FINALLY have his opinion....

TOLD YA SO

But seriously, discuss it.

Best Mario game? I would have to say Super Mario Bros. 3 or Super Mario Bros. 2 USA myself. Super Mario World is pretty close there too.

Super Mario Bros. 2 USA

That one wasn't originally a Mario game, though.

I personally never really liked it because of how different the game was (especially the controls) in comparison to other Mario games. Although, it gave Peach that little float ability in Super Smash Bros., along with that turnip pulling attack, so I guess it does deserve my thanks.

Whenever I play as Peach in Brawl, people die. Forever.

Super Mario Bros. 2 USA

Meh, I still really love it. Really fun, even though it could be said it wasn't the true SMB2. I don't care too much however, as the original SMB2 is pretty much new levels for the first game, so I think that SMB2USA was more fun to play. (Well, I had more fun playing it.) I honestly liked that we got SMB2USA, as it is a great game, and IMO, it was better than getting The Lost Levels. Don't like how people say they hate it just because it isn't really a Mario game. That is just kinda stupid, as it is good game, and to hate it just because it is a port of a non-Mario game, is just, yeah. :|

Besides, without it, Shy Guys could have never appeared in any other Mario game. They were super awesome in Paper Mario 64. :cry:

I would have said Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door myself.

That game is great, but If you want Classic Mario,

Super Mario world really is the best.

Super Mario Bros. 2 USA

Meh, I still really love it. Really fun, even though it could be said it wasn't the true SMB2. I don't care too much however, as the original SMB2 is pretty much new levels for the first game, so I think that SMB2USA was more fun to play. (Well, I had more fun playing it.) I honestly liked that we got SMB2USA, as it is a great game, and IMO, it was better than getting The Lost Levels. Don't like how people say they hate it just because it isn't really a Mario game. That is just kinda stupid, as it is good game, and to hate it just because it is a port of a non-Mario game, is just, yeah. :|

Look at it this way, Super Paper Mario is a very fun game, but it's so different from the other Paper Mario games that I actually hate it just because it's considered a Paper Mario game. Of course, I don't hate Super Mario Bros. 2, it's just too different of a game mechanic for me to consider it a full-fledged Mario game.

The same thing could be said about Paper Mario, though.

Hotel Mario is the best. game. ever.

. . .

Personally I like SMB3. It was the 2nd Mario game I actually played.

I could never get passed that dang moving sun on world 2 though.

CURSE THAT SUN!!!

Hotel Mario is the best. game. ever.

. . .

Personally I like SMB3. It was the 2nd Mario game I actually played.

I could never get passed that dang moving sun on world 2 though.

CURSE THAT SUN!!!

You'd love world 8, then.

I actually beat Super Mario Bros. 3 yesterday for the first time in my life. I was so happy! :cry:

Look at it this way, Super Paper Mario is a very fun game, but it's so different from the other Paper Mario games that I actually hate it just because it's considered a Paper Mario game. Of course, I don't hate Super Mario Bros. 2, it's just too different of a game mechanic for me to consider it a full-fledged Mario game.

The same thing could be said about Paper Mario, though.

That makes sense, I guess. I still really love it though, as Super Mario All Stars + Super Mario World was one of the very first games I ever played in my life.

Super Mario Sunshine! jk

Why does everybody hate that game so much? I know it had a garbage last boss and the whole unnecessary F.L.U.D.D. thing, but it's actually one of my favorite Mario games. I definitely liked it more than Mario Galaxy. It was harder, the areas were memorable and creative, and most of the bosses were absolutely awesome. I mean, fighting a robot Bowser on a roller coaster was just gloriously spectacular.

Plus, remember this guy?

366659-piant_thumb.jpg

A much better character than the Queen Bee, that's for sure.

Plus, it introduced Bowser Jr., and beautifully, if I may add.

Super Mario Sunshine! jk

That is actually probably one of my favorite 3D Mario games. I liked it more than Galaxy 1. It is kinda tied with SMG2 and SM64, but it will always have my memories. :)

No

5no's

Bowser Jr. is an aweful character and his squeaky voice in sunshine made him an annoying little brat.

But I like Bowser Jr! Even more than his 7 unimportant brothers! He has his magic paintbrush and Shadow Mario disguise and all!

Super Mario Sunshine! jk

Why does everybody hate that game so much? I know it had a garbage last boss and the whole unnecessary F.L.U.D.D. thing, but it's actually one of my favorite Mario games. I definitely liked it more than Mario Galaxy. It was harder, the areas were memorable and creative, and most of the bosses were absolutely awesome. I mean, fighting a robot Bowser on a roller coaster was just gloriously spectacular.

Plus, remember this guy?

366659-piant_thumb.jpg

^ yup. I dont understand why people hate it. its fun. and i agree o pretty much everything you said.

No

5no's

Bowser Jr. is an aweful character and his squeaky voice in sunshine made him an annoying little brat.

But I like Bowser Jr! Even more than his 7 unimportant brothers! He has his magic paintbrush and Shadow Mario disguise and all!

I like the koopalings better just because of design. BJ is pretty much just a carbon copy of Bowser as a kid. I wish he looked a bit different. His character is not subtle as the koopalings however. Only some of them I can really tell what they act like. (Lemmy, Roy, and Iggy to be exact.)

Super Mario Sunshine! jk

Plus, remember this guy?

366659-piant_thumb.jpg

Voice acting, for the most part, was why people hated it.

I didn't like the controls much, but I haven't heard as many comlaints about that.

-------------

My favourite would proably be...Paper Mario. 1 or 2.

My personal favorites in order:

Super Mario 64

Super Mario World

Paper Mario: TTYD

New Super Mario Bros. Wii

(And If it counts,) Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Actualy, if Brawl does count then it would be at the top :P