• Fallout 3
    • Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
    • Team Fortress 2
    • Mass Effect
    • Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns Of The Patriots
    • Rock Band 2
    • Other

The decade just started. :?

For the last decade, I would say either Majora's Mask (2000) or Shadow of the Colossus (2005) . The original Halo comes in third.

I mean 2000-2010

I would personally say Portal, Castle Crashers, MGS4, & Dead Rising really defined this decade :|

A decade is 2000-2009. 10 years. Including 2010 is 11 years.

Also, I forgot two of my favorite games came out this decade so, I also feel these are also some of the best of the decade.

Viewtiful Joe: This was just a blast to play. It seethed of originality and was not like any other beat-'em-up in the past. Also, the cell-shading comic book graphics made it look great too.

Knights of the Old Republic: An RPG with voice-acting, coherent story, and decisions that affect your game? MY WORD.

I don't know if you noticed this, but you left out Half-Life 2. :twisted: Half-Life 2 is my personal favorite game fro the decade, but since it wasn't a choice, I'd have to go with Portal. :)

I mean 2000-2010

I would personally say Portal, Castle Crashers, MGS4, & Dead Rising really defined this decade :|

Ha.

Hahaha.

No.

Most of the really good games came out in the earlier years.

The games industry seems to be getting a lot more dry as time goes on.

Wait, so you want the ones that were the most popular/socially acknowledged? Or the ones I liked? Because most of the ones you listed I happen to think are complete balloon. =/

My favorites are all from the 00's, though. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4, MegaMan Battle Network 3, and of course Majora's Mask, to name a few.

This decade<Last decade

Nuff said.

But Portal and.... I can't think on any other game worth mentioning as memorable in this generation, but since you mean the whole decade i would have to look at dates and stuff, so meh.

I can't think on any other game worth mentioning as memorable in this generation

Are you kidding me?

Conker

Psychonauts

Brutal Legend

Fable

TF2

Majora's Mask

And Chibi Robo.

Need for speed Hot Pursuit, Nuff said.

Burnout Paradise is way better imo (just played the demo of NFS:HP), The cars are wighted right and the freedom is awesome.

I can't think on any other game worth mentioning as memorable in this generation

Are you kidding me?

Conker

Psychonauts

Brutal Legend

Fable

TF2

Majora's Mask

I have played only BL, Conker and some of M'sM.

While ALL those games you mentioned are great and fun i can't decide tbh.

The reason I didn't put Half-Life 2 on is because it really didn't innovate in any way. Although the arguement could be made that great games don't have to bring anything fresh, but I just put up widely liked titles that would be possible Canidates.

Call of Duty Black Ops and Left4Dead2 is my favorite game.

this person is babbity's archenemy,on many plans.ortograph,grammar and opinion.

@sushigummy:stellar stone are my favorite develloppers,right after bethesda and the behemoth.their games are nothing but a living pile of winningness.

@sushigummy:Stellar Stone are my favorite developers,right after Bethesda and the Behemoth.their games are nothing but a living pile of winningness.

What about Bioware? Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 were outstanding titles, as well as Dragon Age: Origins. Hell, I still go back and play DA:O from time to time, try out new means of play.

I'm putting forward DA:O as a fantastic RPG here.

The problem though with this thread is that it's asking which games are the best of the decade 2000-2009, which requires looking into sales. The game that sold the most in that time frame was CoD:MW2, and no one can deny that.

So, OP needs a bit of editing to better suit the meaning, because clearly everyone has a little difficulty deciding on if they should put the best game made for them, or for sales/innovation. :|

sales/innovation.

The latter would fall into the previous category - games that catered to their personal tastes.

I daresay this thread wouldn't have been started to ask which game got the most sales. That information is factual - it could easily be looked up and there would be no reason to start a poll about it. So, by process of elimination, it's about individual opinions.

sales/innovation.
The latter would fall into the previous category - games that catered to their personal tastes.

I daresay this thread wouldn't have been started to ask which game got the most sales. That information is factual - it could easily be looked up and there would be no reason to start a poll about it. So, by process of elimination, it's about individual opinions.

But the OP asks "Which games define this generation", which means which games had the largest impact on the general public. This then makes us have to look at which games sold the most copies in that time frame, pick the top [X] games from that list, and then decide which ones affected the general public the most.

This is why I said OP needed to do a little editing to his initial post to better clarify what he intended. ;)

Now, let's assume the OP stated "which game do you enjoy from the last decade had the biggest impact on you", and we have ourselves what I think the OP was trying to get off. :)