Sign in to follow this  
xI pwn Tacosx

Question about level 256

Wow.....yeah I hate people that do it. They think they're all better then everyone, when they have no skill. :lol:

That only really applies to those who abuse it. One of my friends got their game infected with the 256, and he had no idea what was going on or why it was happening.

Wow.....yeah I hate people that do it. They think they're all better then everyone, when they have no skill. :lol:

That only really applies to those who abuse it. One of my friends got their game infected with the 256, and he had no idea what was going on or why it was happening.

Lol, they can always just reset all their characters. That means they don't have to unlock all of them.

Lol, they can always just reset all their characters. That means they don't have to unlock all of them.

I told him, but he hasn't played since he got it.

IMO, 256 looks fun to toy around with IN SINGLE PLAYER. It has that sort of glitch feel, where you can play outside the lines and mess about. But if you use it to get every character and infect others, it's kinda lame.

Yep, someone just altered the code so that everything was at the maximum value it can hold. 256 happens to be the smallest number that can be held in a single byte IIRC which is why that's the highest level even though the game normally cuts you off at 99. It's the same reason why missingno existed in Pokemon games and why the max amount of rupees in the original Legend Of Zelda was 256.

Why is this?

There were actually a variety of different catalogued glitch species that existed in hexidecimal values 152-256 - Missingno's just the most well-known.

There are also glitch types, attacks, and items corresponding with unused hex values.

I love the early games.

To hell with the anime.

Why so 6a00e5500b4fae883301156f4c43a7970c-800wi?

Also, the question has been answered already(the 256 level is a hack) and I think this thread has run it's course.