Sign in to follow this  
Powered by Chicken

Castle Crashers XBLA Tournament of Champions!

To add to that. Will it be purely melee? Will there be a ref in every match? Will there be cake?

I hope there will be a ref... at least for the finals. Possibly someone that can record / stream

Will there be any video of this tournament? I guess not because it's on XBL.

It would be cool though..at least the final or something

I'd like to see what a pro arena match looks like.

we plan to video and post the finals. Maybe even stream if we can.

I've got a couple of questions.

Is it going to be first to ten for each match, best of 7, or just one single match?

Will all characters be available? (Best thing to do would be to limit us to original 4 knights because of the cheapness of Saracen and The Bear)

To make this possible in realistic time frames, the matches will be single elimination, with the exception of the final 3. You may play any character except the King.

To add to that. Will it be purely melee? Will there be a ref in every match? Will there be cake?

All Melee. There will be a Ref in every match.

All rules are subject to change up until the week of the 28th. we'll post a fancy rules and regulations sorta thing soon with more details.

:arrow:

kelly

This is extremely exiting. Something me and I think a lot of people can actually win, and come on everybody. A golden Xbox? The best first prize gift ever?

I'm definitely getting in on this.

my cousins girlfriend says thats retarded :|:!:

This is awesome. And as 23rd on the Leaderboards I think I might have some chance in this. I'll probably be ultimately destroyed by one of the higher ranked guys though. Can't wait.

At least the top 100 weekly will get a prize. I hope I can get in there during my finals week.

Single elimination? You guys can't take a tiny bit of extra time out of your busy schedules to make it at the least best two out of three? Single elimination will be just plain unbalanced. Let's say in a combat situation the better player can beat his opponent in a best two out of three match. in the first match the opponent wins do to luck or any other circumstance, but the other player comes back and beats him in the next two matches. Single elimination leaves too much up to chance. Sorry for the rant. :geek:

Single elimination? You guys can't take a tiny bit of extra time out of your busy schedules to make it at the least best two out of three? Single elimination will be just plain unbalanced. Let's say in a combat situation the better player can beat his opponent in a best two out of three match. in the first match the opponent wins do to luck or any other circumstance, but the other player comes back and beats him in the next two matches. Single elimination leaves too much up to chance. Sorry for the rant. :geek:

This was going through my head too. I am kind of hoping for the best 2 out of 3.

Yeah, I think all of us who play Arena a lot think that. It's way too easy to finish a person who's much better than you off in 2 combos by catching them off guard one time.

so don't be taken off guard!

Guest XxBurningIce

I cannot wait for this. I hopefully will try and be on top.

Good luck to everyone else; I'm hoping to meet some new people, make some friends, and re-unite with some old players.

Hope people are wishing the same. :)

EDIT: Forgot to put, is it really gonna be one match? I think 2 out of 3 would easily be suitable. One unlucky match would just knock you out and upset most people :/

Kelly,

is there any way that we can also make Saracen and the Bear unplayable? All of us who play can attest to the unfair advantage that they have in an arena match. And since only one player in a match can choose the character it would leave the other at an unfair disadvantage.

Guest Rizzle

I might of missed this somewhere but if you are a higher level character will you be better in the tournament, or all the stats going to be the same :?:

Guest XxBurningIce
Kelly,

is there any way that we can also make Saracen and the Bear unplayable? All of us who play can attest to the unfair advantage that they have in an arena match. And since only one player in a match can choose the character it would leave the other at an unfair disadvantage.

I agree with this.

And Rizzle, all the characters get put at a certain level, there will be no higher or lower level characters. Just the weapons and pets you put on the character stay, so you can build characters off of that. :)

EDIT (again): Also, I'm gonna be coming after you, MadBestKiller. ;)

Kelly,

could you elaborate?

While in mid-air, the tornado attack is impenetrable. So, when a person using the bear, for example, misses a juggle attempt all they have to do is tornado and you can't hit them while in mid-air. With other characters, if they miss a juggle attempt you can hit them while in mid-air. Same goes with the dive attack. Diving into a bear only gets you hit while diving into any other character when they do magic works.

To help keep this within a certain time frame but also move towards making this tourney more rounds, I and others would be able to volunteer as ref's. I know everything there is to know about arena, and I have a capture card to record the matches with. :lol:

Are we allowed to place bets on the conteders? There's about a handful of people I know who might win. Each more epic than the last. Is there a way to record the matches?

EDIT:

I just saw the part on the streaming matches. I think the last 10 should do best of two out of three. Those will be the guys who can kill after one strike. It will end up being who can hit the other first to take the win.

I don't mind the Scarciran/Bear. Bear trade his splash attack for the tornado which is attackable (maybe not in air). Scarcirin again is just a different charactor. I don't find too much harm in them staying.

Oh. Yes.

Even though I am dieing to compete, I don't think I can make it to the top 100 in 2 weeks.

On PS3, maybe, but not on the xbox.

Although, I still want to be very up to date with this. Kelly, you must stream this.

Every. Single. Game.

YOU WILL STREAM.

This is gonna be a funny tournament the best juggler will win. Let me explain this game has no skill at all just because u can push 3 buttons fast that does not mean u have skill that just means u have no life and since every1 found a fast way how to beat someone ur gonna take advantage of it. juggling waz not suppose to be in the game in the first place but behemoth got lazy and just said forget it.They hafe assed the mp.

i have gotten all the achievements for cc I have completed it with alot of characters. and had some fun online matches before juggling waz found. now this game went downhill and u would think they would make a patch for it. but no that would take in hour out of there lives to make it but there LAZY they got there money thats all they care about right KELLY.

THIS GAME FAILS WITH THE MP IN IT AND SHOULD BE BANNED OFF XBL AND PSN.

for people who like juggling people in the air there is no skill ok u can fight me on this all u want but without it u would be a scrub and thats it. Some unworthy guy is gonna win the tournament without any skill his training is gonna be how long he can keep them in the juggle. what a joke im happy this game is old because i will never waist my money again on this bs..

behemoth learn from ur mistakes u have time to make a gold xbox dont just throw it away to some guy who has no life and spams the 3 moves over and over. y dont u make a patch and then the tournament could be interesting.

i know how to juggle but i have a life and i dont use it to win a match. new players play this game online and say f... it because of juggle.

A GOLD XBOX IS GETTING A FREE GIVE AWAY WHAT A JOKE. BEHEMOTH LEARN FROM UR MISTAKES PLZ

dear The Akatsuki Knightz,

We're sorry you are not excited about our little tournament. :cry: It is something we decided to do for the people who enjoy such things, and we think it is good to mix it up from totally random giveaways. :D

Who said juggling is not intended in the game? If you don't want to be juggled, don't let them get close to you. ;)

good luck to all who choose to participate!

I wanted to mention, there seems to be some confusion about which "top 100" you need to get to. it is just the WEEKLY ranked arena for the week of the 28th. Please do not feel like you need to reach the top 100 OVERALL. :)

:arrow:

kelly

LMAO DONT LET THEM GET CLOSE TO U THATS UR EXCUSE FOR UR FAULTS.

ok im gonna pick the grey knight and hold down the Rt button and magic jump u into the air so i can take ur life down to 20% with a juggle nice good job behemoth u guys are gonna go far LOL

Sign in to follow this