Sign in to follow this  
Guest Co0ki3DoNut

Can we please please please

Guest Co0ki3DoNut

please please please please change the 1v1 single elimination rule for the tourney? I honestly don't think that I can stand the pressure of knowing that one fight could cost me the whole tournament. Best 3/5 would be perfect.

please please please please change the 1v1 single elimination rule for the tourney? I honestly don't think that I can stand the pressure of knowing that one fight could cost me the whole tournament. Best 3/5 would be perfect.

That's the whole point 'are you good under pressure',single elimination is fine,if you don't think you're up for it don't enter.

Why don't we just ban juggling while we're at it?

Well simply put, juggling is a part of the game while 1v1 would be a restriction on the game. Not to mention that the reason that the 1v1 complaint even exists is because of its coexistence with juggling. Removing juggling while we're at it would be counter-productive.

So we can't ban a tactic that idiots use to make the round end in ten seconds from the tournament? wat

So we can't ban a tactic that idiots use to make the round end in ten seconds from the tournament? wat

Because there are no fighting games in the world besides Castle Crashers that can have 20 second rounds. And no need for the name-calling. It seems more like you have a personal grudge against this thing than anything.

Actually, juggling can completely take any chance of winning from one player.

Oh, what's that? We're one second into the match? YOU LOSE BECAUSE I JUGGLED YOU FIRST AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA noob etc.

Because there are no fighting games in the world besides Castle Crashers that can have 20 second rounds. And no need for the name-calling. It seems more like you have a personal grudge against this thing than anything.

At least there's a fighting chance in those 20 second rounds instead of some kid trying to look 1337 and cool by juggling.

We have a juggling thread. Take this there.

As of the single elimination, I completely agree it should be best two out of three. There really is no harm in it and it could easily improve the way the tournament comes out. I for one want to actually know who's the best in the game, and the two out of three would be much better than a slip up and your out.

2 out of 3 would likely mean the tournament would take 3 days instead of 1. do you all have three 8 hour days available for this? We thought it would be unreasonable to ask people for this amount of time commitment, and would greatly lessen the amount of people that could participate. Remember the time needed for a match is greater than the length of the match itself. Nevertheless, we hear you, and will see what we can do.

:arrow:

kelly

2 out of 3 would likely mean the tournament would take 3 days instead of 1. do you all have three 8 hour days available for this? We thought it would be unreasonable to ask people for this amount of time commitment, and would greatly lessen the amount of people that could participate. Remember the time needed for a match is greater than the length of the match itself. Nevertheless, we hear you, and will see what we can do.

kelly

I personnaly don't find time an issue. Matches are quick, and considereing almost everyone will be juggling, they'll probably stay quick. If it's all in a private match one or two extra matches really won't add a huge difference in the time. If anything it'll add a couple of minutes, and I don't see the hold up with that.

kelly

I personnaly don't find time an issue. Matches are quick, and considereing almost everyone will be juggling, they'll probably stay quick. If it's all in a private match one or two extra matches really won't add a huge difference in the time. If anything it'll add a couple of minutes, and I don't see the hold up with that.

There has to be one of tb guys watching (remember tb is small) and there are a hundred guys in the tournament

I can see it being longer than you think

kelly

There has to be one of tb guys watching (remember tb is small) and there are a hundred guys in the tournament

I can see it being longer than you think

I understand that but I don't really see a game being and extra 2-5 minutes a serious holdup on a tournament.

I understand that but I don't really see a game being and extra 2-5 minutes a serious holdup on a tournament.

That depends on how will they handle the tournament

Imagine there can only be 5 matches at the same time (i dunno how many boxes and members tb haves) say the average match is like what 5 minutes? (i have no idea of the time, and i mean being invited, joining, starting the game and stuff) so at the start there are 100 guys and that's 50 matches

If they can only have 5 matches at the same time that means the first 50 matches will take like 50 minutes, the next 25 like 25 and so on. In this case yeah the tournament would end in like 2 hours

Now imagine it will be 1 match at the time... for the first 50 matches that would be 250 minutes, the next 25 would be 125 minutes, there goes 6 hours at least

That's not counting that even when most people will juggle there will be one or two guys that will chicken out when they see they are losing and will start running (probably)

That depends on how will they handle the tournament

Imagine there can only be 5 matches at the same time (i dunno how many boxes and members tb haves) say the average match is like what 5 minutes? (i have no idea of the time, and i mean being invited, joining, starting the game and stuff) so at the start there are 100 guys and that's 50 matches

If they can only have 5 matches at the same time that means the first 50 matches will take like 50 minutes, the next 25 like 25 and so on. In this case yeah the tournament would end in like 2 hours

Now imagine it will be 1 match at the time... for the first 50 matches that would be 250 minutes, the next 25 would be 125 minutes, there goes 6 hours at least

That's not counting that even when most people will juggle there will be one or two guys that will chicken out when they see they are losing and will start running (probably)

Well, I still really don't see the hold up. After the 5 minute setup, another game is already waiting. There's no wait to play a second game, and it's honestly just several seconds away from a a second game. Let's say that adds another, 2 minutes maybe? that's an extra 100 minutes, roughly 3 and a half hours for the tournament. I'd say that's really reasonable amount of time for organizing 100 players to fight.

also please take into account the time to join the match, we would want to give people a few minutes to join the match to be fair. ;) also, matches can easily last more than 2 minutes, up to 7 minutes for a standard match at times. for 3 matches suddenly we're looking at upwards of 20 min per match. thats more than 24 hours just for the first round. we've been thinking about this a lot. much math and calculations, timing of things.. :P

also please take into account the time to join the match, we would want to give people a few minutes to join the match to be fair. ;) also, matches can easily last more than 2 minutes, up to 7 minutes for a standard match at times. for 3 matches suddenly we're looking at upwards of 20 min per match. thats more than 24 hours just for the first 2 rounds. we've been thinking about this a lot. much math and calculations, timing of things.. :P

So i take you will have one match at a time. Yeah the time skyrockets that way.