Sign in to follow this  
Guest soandso2

Danmit, how do I get the sprites?!

Guest soandso2

You know whats annoying? The fact that it's impossible to find castle crashers sprites. I know that there are a bunch of screenshots you can make sprites from, but I need the actual sprites, you know, the body parts that the game uses. If TB were to release a section on the site where there are CC sprites, an enormous amount of people would be happy. But, until then, everyone is stuck with either crappy drawings, or nothing at all. It really makes me feel like crap...

You know whats annoying? The fact that it's impossible to find castle crashers sprites. I know that there are a bunch of screenshots you can make sprites from, but I need the actual sprites, you know, the body parts that the game uses. If TB were to release a section on the site where there are CC sprites, an enormous amount of people would be happy. But, until then, everyone is stuck with either crappy drawings, or nothing at all. It really makes me feel like crap...

I know, I want to make cool graphics with the Castle Crashers Sprites.

People have cried for sprites before, but to no such luck.

The Behemoth does not intend for Castle Crashers's sprites to be in our hands, and that is why we do not have them already.

I completely understand why they wouldn't want said sprites in the hands of EVERYONE.

And a sprite comic? Really? Can't you just make a normal comic?

Guest soandso2

Because normal comics on SmackJeeves suck. And because sprite comics can have daily updates.

Because normal comics on SmackJeeves suck. And because sprite comics can have daily updates.

They also look rather bad, can't express emotions well, and just show that you're too lazy to draw your own comic.

And of course SmackJeeves is the only webcomic hosting site in existence.

Guest soandso2

And of course SmackJeeves is the only webcomic hosting site in existence.

... Dont turn this into a flamwar...

... Dont turn this into a flamwar...

I'm not trying to.

I'm merely proving my point in a rude way, as per usual.

Guest soandso2
Sprite comics suck, just draw like the rest of us.

Like I said, dont turn this into a flamwar.

But, until then, everyone is stuck with either crappy drawings, or nothing at all. It really makes me feel like crap...

I've seen some good drawings around here.

But, until then, everyone is stuck with either crappy drawings, or nothing at all. It really makes me feel like crap...

I've seen some good drawings around here.

Yeah.

90%+ of Castle Crashers-themed drawings that I've seen have been done by artistic professionals, to put it nicely to others.

And either way, there's no such thing as a "crappy drawing", unless someone has intended for their drawing to look like crap or something.

And some people such as yourself, psub xero, have done excellent jobs at making Castle Crashers-like sprites and animated them in cool ways.

I remember a while back when I saw that video with the fanmade Castle Crashers fight scene.

Oh no you didn't. :x

I'll passive-aggressive that later. For now, let's get back on topic, please.

Guest soandso2

Oh no you didn't. :x

I'll passive-aggressive that later. For now, let's get back on topic, please.

Oh, crap...

Anyways, I have an idea to replicate the style that Castle Crashers' sprites work. If we get a good artist to make each body part, then we can have good sprites. :D

There are so many things wrong with this... There are no actual Castle Crashers sprites. CC was completely drawn using Adobe Flash, a vector program. When you say sprites you may be talking about pixelated version of the characters made by fans but TBH has never made such things. The game is made up of thousands of frames entirely drawn for each character, that area all drawn using the same program, style and method. For animations they do not save each image as separate files they are all in the same movieclip. Imagine how difficult and time consuming it must be to make a sprite sheet with the vector graphics from CC. They would have to get inside each character and save each frame into a separate images and then compile them into sheets of images. It's just not going to work. You're better off just making your own images.

As for the comic topic, a sprite comic is disgusting, there are only a handful of sprite comics that are actually readable (did not say good). If you want to make comics how about you take your time and create something with love, art, and quality.

Guest soandso2

What I meant by sprites is the body part images. Most of my problem has been talked about, so you just repeated what people already said...

The game is made up of thousands of frames entirely drawn for each character, that area all drawn using the same program, style and method.

Just read that again. If you by some chance do not understand it let me put it in a simpler way. TBH did not draw several parts of the body, they drew the whole body and animated, posed and pretty had to redraw it every single time to make new motions. There is no file that contains the 10 million parts that moves around in every character. Better?

Guest soandso2
There is no file that contains the 10 million parts that moves around in every character. Better?

I never said that, I meant the 6 parts that they use. (head, body, arm, arm, leg, and leg.)

Ok, again... There is no file containing 6 separate parts of a body. They draw a full character, they do not animate by piecing parts into a body. Here's their process for creating characters; sketch, inking, coloring, they do that for every single frame of an animation, sketch, ink, color.