Sign in to follow this  
maxtuskyman

Weapons

I was thinking about how many different weapons could be in the game and it occurred to me that I only know of three (grenade, Frisbee, Ice gun thing). Does anybody have any ideas about some weapons that could be in the game or know of ones that already are in it? Or about how many weapons are in the game? I hope there is a great variety (at least 10).

There was also a fan in the trailer.

I'm trying to remember the weapons they had in Comic Con...

Oh yeah, there's a boomerang too (if I remember correctly). And some kind of ball.

I'd consider your own character a weapon, seeing how you can jump on enemies, slide kick into them, punch them, and launch them into spikes, fire, or water.

Pretty sure there's land mines. Unless that's what you meant by grenades.

You probably mean frisbees, you throw them and they explode a couple of seconds after landing

You probably mean frisbees, you throw them and they explode a couple of seconds after landing

proximity frisbee's niice :)

Oh mercy, that's even better.

the frisbees have timers that are activated as soon as they collide with something. a wall, character, or another projectile. the timer can go off before the frisbee hits the ground depending on the fall distance - they aren't really landmines but do act a lot like them.

Here's what I've found: 1. Grenade. DUH! 2. Land-mine-ish frisbee. 3. An ice gun that can freeze enemies, including yourself. 4. A fire gun which I saw in a trailer. 5. The best of all...A FREAKING TOP HAT! I saw this in a PAX east video one the youtubes and have deemed it crazy awesome, but the downside is that you can't wear it in the build I saw. Darn. Well, that's all I know! I'll edit this if I find more. Until next time, I'll be laughing my butt off watching the intro for the thousandth time. :D

Here's what I've found: 1. Grenade. DUH! 2. Land-mine-ish frisbee. 3. An ice gun that can freeze enemies, including yourself. 4. A fire gun which I saw in a trailer. 5. The best of all...A FREAKING TOP HAT! I saw this in a PAX east video one the youtubes and have deemed it crazy awesome, but the downside is that you can't wear it in the build I saw. Darn. Well, that's all I know! I'll edit this if I find more. Until next time, I'll be laughing my butt off watching the intro for the thousandth time. :D

I haven't seen 3, 4, or 5. Any videos?

Yeah. I just like to look on YouTube..searching "Battleblock Theater" works out pretty well. Apparently, Gamespot also has a bunch of videos from PAX 10 and such on it. It might take a little searching, but I'm sure you'll find it! I'll probably put links to the vids here..sometime.

The ones I have seen are: 1. Top hat, used to block players from jumping or jump up walls and such. 2. Bouncy balls, match the color of the player and are thrown, when they hit people they just knock them down. 3. Grenade, simplicity in the form of explosives, do I need to explain this one? 4. Ice gun, freeze your friends, yay! 5. Fire gun, burn your friends, yay! 6. Frisbee, the probably most well known BBT weapon, a frisbee that is thrown an explodes. 7. Boomerang, throw it and hit people. 8. I believe I have seen darts, which are used to jump upon and climb walls.

These are just some that I have seen and hope this helps some people! :ninja:

The ones I have seen are: 1. Top hat, used to block players from jumping or jump up walls and such. 2. Bouncy balls, match the color of the player and are thrown, when they hit people they just knock them down. 3. Grenade, simplicity in the form of explosives, do I need to explain this one? 4. Ice gun, freeze your friends, yay! 5. Fire gun, burn your friends, yay! 6. Frisbee, the probably most well known BBT weapon, a frisbee that is thrown an explodes. 7. Boomerang, throw it and hit people. 8. I believe I have seen darts, which are used to jump upon and climb walls.

Yeah, pretty sure all the weapons match the character...correct me if i'm wrong. :ninja:

Yeah, pretty sure all the weapons match the character...correct me if i'm wrong. :ninja:

I'm correcting you :)

in bbt, you get to pick a character and weapon. Weapons arn't character specific

I'm correcting you :)

in bbt, you get to pick a character and weapon. Weapons arn't character specific

Sorry! I meant the COLOR of the character matches the color of the weapons..silly me!

Oh sorry haha, that is correct. Well except for the ice cannonish gun thingy. Sorry about that haha!

Oh yes, and the fan is a weapon.I didn't know before because I only saw the fan be pushed, not being pulled out (I thought it was an item on the level not a weapon). But now I am 100% that the fan is a weapon.

Oh yes, and the fan is a weapon.I didn't know before because I only saw the fan be pushed, not being pulled out (I thought it was an item on the level not a weapon). But now I am 100% that the fan is a weapon.

What makes you a hundred percent sure?