Sign in to follow this  
SND Zag1

DETOUR coming to Steam! (And XBLIG!)

Hey guys!

If any of you peruse a certain other website you might find this post too. Retyping is sooo old school. So here's my copy and pasta-sauced post from elsewhere... I'm so tired right now.

Some of you know me, a lot of you don't. Been around for awhile, not much recently due to work and all that.

Anyway, my team and I have been working for about 2 years now on DETOUR within my startup studio, Sandswept, and we've just announced tonight that it's coming to Steam.

I was pretty blown away when the guys at Valve set up our official Steam store page. Things get very real, very suddenly. I have no intention of this post being an advertisement or a blog, I just have to share my thoughts. (Yeah, I'll probably make a better post on my blog later.)

Pretty incredible all the stuff we've gone through to get to this point. Startups are hard. For any one curious, DETOUR was created using Microsoft's XNA, which a lot of indie and hobby developers use to get a game out. The point and quality we've made it to astounds even me at times.

Also just wanted to post a message; All you guys and girls who want to be professional game developers, it can be done. Just find the best place to start for you and stick with it.

[tacky]Don't give up on your dreams.[/tacky]

Anyway, still waiting for the personal and in-studio excitement to die down, but right now it's just incredible. Hope you guys will like it when it releases sometime relatively soon! We've all put a lot of work into making this a reality, and it's still a bit surreal for me this evening.

I guess this post is an attempt to help put it in perspective for me. So, what do you guys think? :)

Congratulations, Mr. Zag. I'm glad you were able to follow through with your dreams and get published. This is probably one of the best places to put this, seeing how this is a game forum and all. I know of at least a few of us that aspire to, or at least have at some point, to be a game developer.

Best of tidings with Detour, now. I hope it catches the attention of many.

That is awesome dude. Ambition is something I hope to cherish fully, so you made my day by achieving something you had been passionate about. Detour looks boss and it reminds me of Blast Corps on the N64. I will definitely pick it up! :D

I've been checking out the Sandswept site every now and again for a while now. It's pretty awesome to see this is finally nearing release

DETOUR is looking fun, and I'll definitely be downloading a copy on release. It must be a pretty awesome feeling knowing all your hard work and dedication has gone towards creating a quality product, that will hopefully get the recognition it deserves