Sign in to follow this  
Guest reteaht kcolbelttab

Bosses?

Guest reteaht kcolbelttab

will there be bosses in battle block theater??? :shock::o:o:shock:

Believe it or not, a few years ago, either Tom Fulp or Dan Paladin (I think it was Tom Fulp) actually told me at Comic Con that they didn't plan on having any bosses.

Of course, that was back when the game was going to release in 2010, before they decided to add a bunch more to it. Plus, for all I know, he could have meant that they hadn't planned any bosses yet.

I have a feeling there are bosses now, though (I don't work for The Behemoth, it's just my personal prediction). Did anybody else watch the PAX live stream? Whenever they beat a level, it showed the level map with, if I remember correctly, 12 small levels and one big level at the top. I think that might be a boss level.

Of course, once again, these are all just my own thoughts, and the whole "no boss" thing I was told probably isn't applicable now either way.

So... DUNNO.

reggie.jpg

I'd love some bosses, but if they aren't already in the game I'm sure I'd be fine without them haha.

I'm not sure how a boss would work in Battleblock Theater, though. Alien Hominid and Castle Crashers were both side-scrolling action games, so it was easy to implement boss battles, but Battleblock Theater is a platformer. I don't know how bosses would work, but at the same time there could be boss stages that are a lot more difficult or something. I don't know yet.

I hope we don't have to fight hatty :cry: dat would jus break my heart ta fight my old buddy :cry:

Pooh that would be fun! But yeah, sad :lol:

EDIT: I seriously meant Whoo, not pooh. Silly iPad autocorrect xD

I hope we don't have to fight hatty :cry: dat would jus break my heart ta fight my old buddy :cry:

Pooh that would be fun! But yeah, sad :lol:

That would be awesome! It be like fighting the necromancer in cc! (cause he would have all of your same moves)

How would the bosses work in this game its a plat former unless they do things like super meant boy that would be nice :D

They could work. First of all, the player does have attacks such as jumping and their special power. Second, they could be environmental kills, such as many of the bosses in LittleBigPlanet or the last level of the original Donkey Kong. Y'know, where you don't attack the boss directly.

It's not like The Behemoth to not include bosses in any of their games. I sure hope that it does have bosses because I can't think of it as a TB game if it doesn't. I do enjoy the concept of a competitive platformer, I just want the campaign to be just as exciting as AH and CC.

of course, vg, TB's only made two games..so if trying something new and doing something different means it's awesomer, I'm all for it.

Yeah, but I would've preferred them to make something more old-school like an interesting shmup or a side-scroller like Astro Boy or Silhouette Mirage. Then again, for something new, it looks very promising, but I like to think The Behemoth as a company akin to Treasure with their simple action games with fun bosses.

Guest sunnan

I love bosses they have a strong body

SushiGummy edit: :? ... I have nothing to say to that. I should be angry that you're advertising in your signature, but to be honest, I'm currently too bewildered by what you posted.

SushiGummy edit: :? ... I have nothing to say to that. I should be angry that you're advertising in your signature, but to be honest, I'm currently too bewildered by what you posted.

Quote of the year.

Quote of the year.

Whoa, what just happened? XDXD

Personally, I don't think they need bosses. They could have levels where you need to escape from an unkillable, boss-type monster like the Racoelkbear (In the official trailer.) That would be fun. I wouldn't mind bosses, but I don't think that they're a neccessity. It'll be an amazing game with or without large, tough, monsters to kill. Besides, if you want boss battles, play Alien Hominid, or Shadow Of The Collossus.

Well battleblock theater is,as many have said :P, a platformer kinda like the old donkey kongs like one has mentioned, so i imagina a boss battle would be like one in the old donkey kongs, jumping on blocks trying to avoid throw attacks, but i dont really know, bosses are a good idea though, because each fight would be original :D

I'm fully expecting a play on the Bowser boss from the original Super Mario. A cat standing on a retractable bridge that you have to get past in order to flip a switch and send him into a pool of lava. If I'm right about this... that'd be sooo freaking great.

I'm fully expecting a play on the Bowser boss from the original Super Mario. A cat standing on a retractable bridge that you have to get past in order to flip a switch and send him into a pool of lava. If I'm right about this... that'd be sooo freaking great.

That would be funny, but standalone, it sounds like it'd be a rather short boss.

Y'know, assuming Behemoth actually makes long boss battles for this game.

That would be funny, but standalone, it sounds like it'd be a rather short boss.

Y'know, assuming Behemoth actually makes long boss battles for this game.

It could be the first boss, or be a bit more complex (more than one bridge and stuff)

It does sound boring tough. My guess is that most bosses are going to be races and such, something like Super Meat Boy

For a less comical boss (obviously it would be short ha) I can picture having to fight a prisoner at some point (probably in a standard PvP manner with items and such, and the prisoner could easily be someone from Alien Hominid or Castle Crashers). Of course, one of the big cats will almost definitely be a boss battle in one way or another.

I can also see them creating full boss stages (like those in Castle Crashers). Difficult platforming, puzzles, waves of enemies, etc. However, they may choose to stick to the same PDA-Games style for each level, which wouldn't be bad necessarily. The Behemoth always manages to mix things up in the right way.

As for the question of whether or not there will be bosses, I say there have to be some. There is no logical way to end this type of game without having at least one boss to fight in one way or another.