Sign in to follow this  
ggamer2004

3DS game suggestions?

I haven't had much net issues so I don't believe it's the networking code.

Networking code is the hardest code for many to program. They still haven't implemented the browser or online store, so it's possible that they weren't entirely done with the code. I don't have many issues as well, but it could be better, so it's possible the update will fix some people's issues.

Games I'd recommend are Rayman 3D and SSF4 3D. Sushi, you are right that it is a sort of lazy port. But it is the best handheld version of Rayman 2, so that is saying something. It's also the only version in full 3D, and it works well with the game's visual-style and colors. Plus the game is still fun as always. I collected all 1000 lums just yesterday, and had a blast doing it.

As for SSF4, if you are new to fighting games and don't want to take them as seriously like myself or other enthusiasts do, I say go ahead. The only problem is that your choice of controls is limited to what the 3DS offers. Want to use your favorite gamepad/arcade stick? Tough luck, you use either the buttons or touch pad. I myself have trouble using the circle pad and d-pad as they both have problems that cripple your movement or execution capabilities. Doing 1 or 2 frame link combos on such a small device is a pain for your hands. Still, this version of SSF4 has just as many features as the console version (and even more!), so it is well worth your time.

A little off topic, but...

Should I buy a 3DS now or wait for the NGP?

NGP may be delayed until 2012 according to Sony due to the earth quake in japan. I would say get 3DS I thought it was going to be the dumbest thing ever then I played one and its incredible I highly recommend it.

I'm personally waiting eagerly for a Smash Bros. for the 3DS. I don't care if it has 10 characters, I think it'd be great. Plus, with the amount of characters in Street Fighter IV, it's obvious that there could be many more than 10, but I don't think Sora would include too many.

As I'm sure you can assume, Smash Bros. is my favorite game franchise of all time. Obviously I want another one haha.

I never played the Rayman games. I may check it out. I know the Ocarina of Time remake is supposed to be awesome, but I never finished that game anyway haha.

It's not out yet.

As for Rayman, it's a remake of a good game, but apparently they did an absolutely horrible job at remaking it. I've heard this 3D version is really bad.

For your original question, there are no good games for the 3DS right now. Not one. Each one has a blatant overlapping flaw, whether it's because the game is broken or because it's just boring. I can understand if you want to find a game to have fun with for the time being, though, and for that I recommend Pilot Racers Resort or whatever it's called. It's casual, but it's a fairly descent time-waster.

the 3DS is just terrible as for now the 3D sucks balloon and the games just suck (well mabey not SF)

The 3DS is hardly terrible. The 3D is only bad if you turn it up all the way and don't keep it in the right spot, but the spot isn't even that narrow.

I'd say Lego Star Wars and Street Fighter are great titles. Of course, as I've said, I'm still waiting for a Smash Bros. to be announced.

the 3DS is just terrible as for now the 3D sucks balloon and the games just suck (well mabey not SF)

You must be using it wrong.

Unless your one of the rare people in the world who isn't able to see 3D visuals the 3D works just fine and I think it will make games a little more interesting.

I never played the Rayman games. I may check it out. I know the Ocarina of Time remake is supposed to be awesome, but I never finished that game anyway haha.

It's not out yet.

As for Rayman, it's a remake of a good game, but apparently they did an absolutely horrible job at remaking it. I've heard this 3D version is really bad.

For your original question, there are no good games for the 3DS right now. Not one. Each one has a blatant overlapping flaw, whether it's because the game is broken or because it's just boring. I can understand if you want to find a game to have fun with for the time being, though, and for that I recommend Pilot Racers Resort or whatever it's called. It's casual, but it's a fairly descent time-waster.

We must be using different systems then.

Best 3DS game to date is Harvest Moon A New Beginning

I'm very inclined to say this might be the best Harvest Moon yet. The game offers so many customization options for your farm. You can literally pick up your house and place it anywhere in your pasture.

Many people agree that the game does start out a bit slow. This is to ease new players into the HM routine. You can pretty much sleep whenever you want though, so the first few days can go by relatively quick.

Also Paper Mario SS is jawsome.

Ive never played a Harvest Moon game before. Anyone mind giving me a brief description of what I would be expecting if I chose to buy it?

Ive never played a Harvest Moon game before. Anyone mind giving me a brief description of what I would be expecting if I chose to buy it?

Fun. I love Harvest Moon. If you play one of the good ones, you get to farm, raise animals, fish, get into relationships, and just have fun. There's something simplistically enjoyable about Harvest Moon.

• Upvote 2

If you haven't played it, you must:
1.jpg

I liked RE: Revelations, MGS Snake Eater (which I enjoyed more on PS2)
& love having Ocarina of Time "3D" (lot of childhood memories)... but yea..
I recommend Bit.Trip Saga

I wish the eShop had ArtStyle: Lightrax "3D" :?

*Edit: Almost Animal Crossing: New Leaf!!

Edited by Myshel
  • Upvote 1

I got the new Fire Emblem for 3DS. It's really good. Tough if you don't pay attention and really think, but it's a lot of fun.

Star Fox 64, OoT, Mario Kart and Kid Icarus are all good choices too.

• Upvote 1

Even though Snake Eater's one of my favorite games ever, I wouldn't recommend it on the 3DS. It's just not nearly as good.

And yes, Fire Emblem's probably the best 3DS game by far. Can't wait until Castlevania comes out.

how about Magikarp's mansion. its like Luigi's mansion but your a magikarp and instead of a vacuum you use splash to take down ghastlies

That isn't the purpose of this thread, Chicken.  It's to suggest games to get for 3DS, not ideas for games.

how about Magikarp's mansion. its like Luigi's mansion but your a magikarp and instead of a vacuum you use splash to take down ghastlies

That isn't the purpose of this thread, Chicken.  It's to suggest games to get for 3DS, not ideas for games.

oh ok sorry. on a side note, what about Luigi's mansion 2?