ThePieGuy

What game are you playing ATM?

Myself I've been keeping up with plenty of Pokken and League of Legends. Also gotta play that hearthstone every now and then to farm that gold for the new expansion!

Also seeing Chris playing that MMO really gets me wishing the community could get into one MMO again, like how a few of us were into Spiral Knights for a bit. Was a good time and we should look for a game we can all agree to slave at until we prove superior to our friends! I've played a few games with Salt such as Maple Story but end up getting tired of the game when its only the two of us playing. Not enough motivation!

• Upvote 1

Also seeing Chris playing that MMO really gets me wishing the community could get into one MMO again, like how a few of us were into Spiral Knights for a bit. Was a good time and we should look for a game we can all agree to slave at until we prove superior to our friends! I've played a few games with Salt such as Maple Story but end up getting tired of the game when its only the two of us playing. Not enough motivation!

"into Spiral Knights for a bit"

Untitled_zpstboetkcs.png

The time we all spent playing that game was like a gateway drug for me and a buddy of mine. Together we played all the way to endgame and even a bit of PvP when it finally released. The game has changed waaay too much for me to get back into properly now (it is much better for people who aren't prepared to spend a little cash though), but I still enjoy going back to it and running a few dungeons every few months or so.

The problem is finding another game that grabs all our attentions like SK did. Multiplayer LoZ style dungeons had us all hooked for a little while, but I can't think of any other F2P MMO that offers something as unique that we could all just jump into. :-P

Pokken Tournament. Blaziken is more fun than I thought he'd be. Pro tip, Nia is annoying. Turn her advice off asap.

I got dark souls 3... And I feel if as though it's not that good. Maybe I have souls fatigue, but meh it's like just okay. PvP is garbage, areas are crap, and the weapons are so boring

I got dark souls 3... And I feel if as though it's not that good. Maybe I have souls fatigue, but meh it's like just okay. PvP is garbage, areas are crap, and the weapons are so boring

I loved DS1 but I experienced a similar thing when I was playing through Bloodborne. I just lost interest. Those games don't really respect your time as a player either, so if you don't have much of it to spare they can be really irritating.

I loved DS1 but I experienced a similar thing when I was playing through Bloodborne. I just lost interest. Those games don't really respect your time as a player either, so if you don't have much of it to spare they can be really irritating.
I completely agree with you. Time is just a thing I dont have much of and they make me spend 5+ hours on a boring as hell area. Edited by BehemothChicken
  • Upvote 1

Currently trying to grab all the trophies in Warframe. Nearly there now. just a few of the weapon levelling ones to go!

Shame there's no Platinum trophy for this one, as a F2P title it's a great game.

I'm thinking about buying Rocket League... But something is holding me back. I need final assurance here to see if i should purchase it.

I'm thinking about buying Rocket League... But something is holding me back. I need final assurance here to see if i should purchase it.

I put a lot of time into it when it first released and still go back to it every now and again. As a PS+ member it was free though, and I'm not sure I would have paid full price for it.

If I didn't have it already I'd wait until it was on sale to get it, but that's just my opinion. I know some people here who would probably recommend it more.

Danganronpa gets a "pretty awesome even though my heart withered up and died a little"/10 from me, the story was really great and the ending was cool. For anyone who enjoys mystery narratives, it's on sale on Steam right now and I can definitely recommend it for the sale price. Try not to look at the individual steam reviews though since people think they're funny talking about spoilers in a review.

Anyways I'm definitely gonna drop $30 on the sequel, but right now I'm letting my heart heal up so it can inevitably die again. In the meantime I'm probably gonna finish up Hyper Light Drifter and play some Gungeon!

Just curious, what system would you be getting it for? I own it on PC and I always have fun when I play it, but I don't put enough time into it to be very good or anything
  • Upvote 1

Buy it. I did, it was worth it.

------------

Right now, playing Fallout 4. I can't wait until console mods.

ALL THE FIGHTING GAMES. SFV online has gotten worse since the Guile update though imo. Connections dropping left right and centre, 5mins+ to find a match, etc.etc. Maybe one day SFV online wont suck...

Also still Warframe. And Rhythm Thief, since I finally picked that up. I recommend both. :-)

Rocket League for Xbox One. Since my PC aint good enough and i lack a PS4.

Just bought Minish Cap from the Wii U Virtual Console. Should have played it earlier.

I recently played the Peach's Castle E3 tech demo, and although there isn't a lot to do in it, it's really cool how it showcases the Gamecube capabilities so well.

If you have a Dolphin emulator, I highly suggest you try it out. It's pretty neat.

• Upvote 1

I recently played the Peach's Castle E3 tech demo, and although there isn't a lot to do in it, it's really cool how it showcases the Gamecube capabilities so well.

If you have a Dolphin emulator, I highly suggest you try it out. It's pretty neat.

Dolphin looks great. Trying to get it to work with bluetooth controllers.

DC Universe Online is what I have been playing lately, it recently released for Xbox One this weekend and the experience has been fun so far. I have a couple friends that play it as well, but I have to say paying to get into the game is kinda lame. While it is free to play, there is a ridiculous waiting time just to try it. Knowing myself and not wanting to wait 2+ hours just to get in the game, I purchased the monthly membership to skip the free queue times. 

just bought Master Chief Collection. Gonna play through the story (FINALLY) of the Halo games.

• Upvote 1

Finally playing through Metal Gear Solid; I'm just skipping Metal Gear 2 because I'm tired of old 2D stealth games. Right now I'm at the tank boss which isn't very far but I'm already seeing the same great mix of story and gameplay that I loved in Metal Gear. The inclusion of more distinct characters like Revolver Ocelot and Meryl definitely helps. I'm really happy to finally be getting into these games! (Can't find that mine detector though and that's annoying me)

I've also gotten into Danganronpa 2, and I'm all over it. It's the perfect way to do a sequel, improving on everything from the first game and providing a fresh new story that connects perfectly with the original. I wish I had more people to obsess over this game with, I haven't been this invested in a narrative in quite a while.

• Upvote 2

Finally playing through Metal Gear Solid; I'm just skipping Metal Gear 2 because I'm tired of old 2D stealth games. Right now I'm at the tank boss which isn't very far but I'm already seeing the same great mix of story and gameplay that I loved in Metal Gear. The inclusion of more distinct characters like Revolver Ocelot and Meryl definitely helps. I'm really happy to finally be getting into these games! (Can't find that mine detector though and that's annoying me)

I've also gotten into Danganronpa 2, and I'm all over it. It's the perfect way to do a sequel, improving on everything from the first game and providing a fresh new story that connects perfectly with the original. I wish I had more people to obsess over this game with, I haven't been this invested in a narrative in quite a while.

If you have the Thermal Goggles you can see the the mines in the snow.

Please talk about the ending once you finish it. I wanna talk about it.