ThePieGuy

What game are you playing ATM?

Not for the people who don't have a 3ds atm :(

3-5 business days for my 3DS to ship. 3-5 long... horrible days...

I still don't know if I should get a 3DS or not, I rather have the PS Vita.

It has some great games and some awesome games coming out this year and next year, it just depends on what games you like to play.

It has some great games and some awesome games coming out this year and next year, it just depends on what games you like to play.

For vita or 3DS?

For vita or 3DS?

Most likely 3DS. I haven't heard many people talking about the Vita being good.

• Upvote 1

For vita or 3DS?

The Vita does have a few really good games, such as Persona 4: Golden, Uncharted: Golden Abyss and Gravity Rush. But I can tell I'm going to enjoy my 3DS a little more than my Vita.

For vita or 3DS?

The Vita does have a few really good games, such as Persona 4: Golden, Uncharted: Golden Abyss and Gravity Rush. But I can tell I'm going to enjoy my 3DS a little more than my Vita.

HA, the Vita?! More like the

toilet-llqq-001.jpg

Anybody looking forward to A Link Between Worlds by the way? Link to the Past has a special place in my heart.

Anybody looking forward to A Link Between Worlds by the way? Link to the Past has a special place in my heart.

I'm really tempted to get it (http://www.game.co.uk/en/the-legend-of-zelda-a-link-between-worlds-game-exclusive-collectors-edition-245951?pageSize=20&searchTerm=link%20between%20worlds'>'dat GAME Collector's Edition), but will probably wait until its in a sale. Or until my brother gets it. Hopefully there're multiple saves like in previous games

Now that I finally have my 3DS, I've been playing two games. One, of course, is X and the other is Fire Emblem: Awakening. It's my first FE game and I'm learning that my usual tactic of charging in alone and not caring about my team doesn't work so well in turn-based strategy games.

Now that I finally have my 3DS, I've been playing two games. One, of course, is X and the other is Fire Emblem: Awakening. It's my first FE game and I'm learning that my usual tactic of charging in alone and not caring about my team doesn't work so well in turn-based strategy games.

Haha yea. You'll learn that each of your units is very useful and since a death is permanent losing one of your units can mean restarting the chapter. If that keeps happening it can get frustrating, but I still love that series :). I have played Rekka no Ken(first one to release in America) through Radiant Dawn and Shadow Dragon, all good in their own respects. I haven't played Awakening due to lack of a 3DS but I hear it's amazing.

• Upvote 1

Buuump.

I picked up RockBand 3 for 360 on Mr. Hatty's recommendation the other day, so have been playing a little of that when I can. Presentation-wise, I don't think it looks as nice as RB2 (especially in the character animations), but the gameplay is easily the best of any RB game.

The difficulty is a bit lacking, though. According to the game, 'Freebird' is the most difficult guitar song on disk, which is a little of a let-down. The notes aren't even charted to be as hard as the Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock DLC version of the track. Plus, there's no equivalent achievement to RB2's 'Bladder of Steel', for beating the Endless Setlist 2 with no pauses or fails (which I completed on Expert like the masochist I am), which makes RB3's Endless Setlist 3 much, much less of a challenge.  :-P 

'Roundabout' and 'Radar Love' made it onto the game, though. Which is awesome.  :arrow:

EDIT

After playing a little more of the game, I've noticed the difficulty of the game's tracks can waver massively, often disregarding the 'difficulty level' already set by the game. It seems a little strange that, when going down the game's setlist, I'll have earned a string of gold stars and 90-something percentages, followed by a crappy 4-star score because I messed up on a track that is supposed to be easy...followed by another string of gold stars.

Some of the tracks are just noted horridly. At times it definitely feels like the dev's quality control team didn't do their job right.  :-P

Edited by Chris
  • Upvote 1

I got Banished last night, and played it nonstop for about 6 hours. I made no progress and every time I grew to love something, it died.

10/10.

• Upvote 1

For vita or 3DS?

HA, the Vita?! More like the

toilet-llqq-001.jpg

'scuse me?

I got Banished last night

From where? Sorry to hear that, man

░░░░░▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░
░░░░░█░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▀▀▄░░░░ 
░░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░█░░░ 
░░░█░░░░░░▄██▀▄▄░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░█░░ 
░▄▀▒▄▄▄▒░█▀▀▀▀▄▄█░░░██▄▄█░░░░█░ 
█░▒█▒▄░▀▄▄▄▀░░░░░░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒░█ 
█░▒█░█▀▄▄░░░░░█▀░░░░▀▄░░▄▀▀▀▄▒█ 
░█░▀▄░█▄░█▀▄▄░▀░▀▀░▄▄▀░░░░█░░█░ 
░░█░░░▀▄▀█▄▄░█▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀█▀██░█░░ 
░░░█░░░░██░░▀█▄▄▄█▄▄█▄████░█░░░ 
░░░░█░░░░▀▀▄░█░░░█░█▀██████░█░░ 
░░░░░▀▄░░░░░▀▀▄▄▄█▄█▄█▄█▄▀░░█░░ 
░░░░░░░▀▄▄░▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒░░░█░ 
░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▄▄░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░█░ 
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░█░░ 
  • Upvote 4

Recently beat Stick of truth it was fun even though I had never watched the show

but like everyone else says its a bit too short for the price

I can't wait to play The Stick of Truth. When I have the money/time my PC is fixed, it's probably going to be the first new PC title I buy this year.  :-) 

And right now, when I'm not playing Rockband 3, I'm replaying this gem from my childhood that I never got to beat:

pac-man_world_jpeg_300x300_q85.jpg

The new 3D Pac-Man game recently released on Steam reminded me of it. Funnily enough, Pac-Man World is actually not an awful game, and still stands up as a solid platformer.

Persona 3: FES Edition. I've had this game for about 2 years, and I've never beaten it before. It's actually one of the best RPGs I've ever played. Maybe even the best?

Buuump.

I picked up RockBand 3 for 360 on Mr. Hatty's recommendation the other day, so have been playing a little of that when I can. Presentation-wise, I don't think it looks as nice as RB2 (especially in the character animations), but the gameplay is easily the best of any RB game.

The difficulty is a bit lacking, though. According to the game, 'Freebird' is the most difficult guitar song on disk, which is a little of a let-down. The notes aren't even charted to be as hard as the Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock DLC version of the track. Plus, there's no equivalent achievement to RB2's 'Bladder of Steel', for beating the Endless Setlist 2 with no pauses or fails (which I completed on Expert like the masochist I am), which makes RB3's Endless Setlist 3 much, much less of a challenge.  :-P 

'Roundabout' and 'Radar Love' made it onto the game, though. Which is awesome.  :arrow:

EDIT

After playing a little more of the game, I've noticed the difficulty of the game's tracks can waver massively, often disregarding the 'difficulty level' already set by the game. It seems a little strange that, when going down the game's setlist, I'll have earned a string of gold stars and 90-something percentages, followed by a crappy 4-star score because I messed up on a track that is supposed to be easy...followed by another string of gold stars.

Some of the tracks are just noted horridly. At times it definitely feels like the dev's quality control team didn't do their job right.  :-P

Glad you picked up the game!

Yeah, the development of Rock Band 3 was caught in the middle of Viacom's selling of Harmonix and all that other crap, so some things such as the presentation and a couple charts do feel off at points..... and yeah, the "difficulty" thingies are all completely wrong. Antibodies is probably the hardest on-disc song going off memory *Shudders*

Llama is pretty tough too on most instruments. The real appeal to me is how precise the beat-matching itself is, it's such an improvement that I can't go back to Green Day: Rock Band or Rock Band 2 anymore, they feel totally different.

I'd also recommend tracking down a keyboard if you haven't already, it's a really fun and new way to play the game and most new songs support it.

As far as what I've been playing:

-Totally addicted to Titanfall, the game is crazy fun and I can't believe I bought so many inferior first-person shooters before it.

-I've also been testing Harmonix's (Rock Band devs) new FPS game Chroma that's in Closed Alpha. I can't really say anything, but look it up and be excited!

-About an hour into Xenoblade Chronicles, I can tell I'm gonna love this game, but I won't be able to put the time in it I should until probably around summer

• Upvote 1

Glad you picked up the game!

Yeah, the development of Rock Band 3 was caught in the middle of Viacom's selling of Harmonix and all that other crap, so some things such as the presentation and a couple charts do feel off at points..... and yeah, the "difficulty" thingies are all completely wrong. Antibodies is probably the hardest on-disc song going off memory *Shudders*

Llama is pretty tough too on most instruments. The real appeal to me is how precise the beat-matching itself is, it's such an improvement that I can't go back to Green Day: Rock Band or Rock Band 2 anymore, they feel totally different.

I'd also recommend tracking down a keyboard if you haven't already, it's a really fun and new way to play the game and most new songs support it.

As far as what I've been playing:

-Totally addicted to Titanfall, the game is crazy fun and I can't believe I bought so many inferior first-person shooters before it.

-I've also been testing Harmonix's (Rock Band devs) new FPS game Chroma that's in Closed Alpha. I can't really say anything, but look it up and be excited!

-About an hour into Xenoblade Chronicles, I can tell I'm gonna love this game, but I won't be able to put the time in it I should until probably around summer

mfw playing Antibodies for the first time.

excalibur_face_by_potterzillaseries-d4s9

But yeah, the gameplay is the best of any other Rockband game and I love it. I just wish other instrument peripherals weren't so dang expensive (well, except for the Wii versions). Until I can afford I guess I'll just stick to playing the keyboard tracks on my guitar controller.

Also, I've been following Chroma since the announcement trailer. It's a pretty interesting concept. I'm hoping it's as fun as the trailer makes it look.  :-)