ThePieGuy

What game are you playing ATM?

Yesterday I picked up Paper Mario: TTYD again, I never played it much when I used to own it so I decided to give it a second try.

So far the game is pretty cool and I'm enjoying it.

Since beating FFVII I've been playing through the Legacy of Kain series.

Just Blood Omen 2 & Defiance to go!

Having just completed all achievements for Abyss Odyssey, I've been playing Borderlands lately. I realized that the Hunter is the only class to use if you plan on dueling anyone online.

Having just completed all achievements for Abyss Odyssey, I've been playing Borderlands lately. I realized that the Hunter is the only class to use if you plan on dueling anyone online.

bahahaha, no.

phasewalk is OP if geared right

I just got Super Mario 3D world so I can finally put my Wii U to good use, I also was playing castle crashers, grieving over the lack of current players.

Isn't it godlike tho

I hate to think about buying systems specifically for one franchise but Danganronpa successfully persuaded me to consider getting a Vita.

Now here's the kicker: what to get first? Vita or n3DS?

I hate to think about buying systems specifically for one franchise but Danganronpa successfully persuaded me to consider getting a Vita.

I'd get the Vita first, since it's an actual new system. I was actually planning on buying one too because of both the Persona game remakes, and the series mentioned above. 

And I mean, it'd be pretty cool to play Borderlands II on that thing.

• Upvote 1

I'd get the Vita first, since it's an actual new system. I was actually planning on buying one too because of both the Persona game remakes, and the series mentioned above. 

And I mean, it'd be pretty cool to play Borderlands II on that thing.

Apparently the Borderlands port is awful, but this is coming from word of mouth and not first-hand experience. Regardless, P4G is a Vita-exclusive (I'll never play...) so that's a plus in its favor. If you already own a 3DS, I'd say Vita first, then. Otherwise, I'd say n3DS first.

I have been playing these days with my friend,Toejam & Earl from Sega Genesis Mega Drive.

I'm very anxious about the new sequel called Back in the groove, btw it's happening a Kickstarter campaign until March 27th to support this new title. Check it out.

461933eb1e2ba8b91900af45e85045d6_origina

I'm also playing The Evil Within, Road Redemption (which is inspired by Road Rash), Don't Starve Together (which I think was inspired by Toejam game one), and as always a coop play with Spelunky.

I'm also playing The Evil Within, Road Redemption (which is inspired by Road Rash), Don't Starve Together (which I think was inspired by Toejam game one), and as always a coop play with Spelunky.

I've been following Road Redemption since the Kickstarter campaign. Early reviews and stuff for the game look pretty positive, and I'm excited for the final product. I kind of refuse to purchase anything Early Access though, so I haven't picked it up myself yet.

At the minute I'm replaying Shovel Knight (again) and still playing Monster Hunter 4.

I just finished Final Fantasy IV. I always meant to play more of the series since I've only finished I, III, VII (and spin-offs), VIII, X-2, and Episode Duscae. Dunno if it was because I was playing the GBA version, but the game as a whole was... eh. Had a lot of points in the game where the difficulty jumped from being ridiculously easy to frustratingly hard. Also, while I like the characters, the dialogue at times and the story overall were pretty bland. I might check out the After Years and the Interlude, but probably after I finish VI.

Playing more Smash in preparation of Mewtwo. I ought to record some of my memorable replays before the balance patch, though.

I'm finally getting around to playing DKC Tropical Freeze after picking it up as my Club Nintendo Platinum Reward, and it's surprisingly great. I was honestly just expecting this to be a routine platformer but everything about it has been fun and interesting to experience. All of the levels are really unique, the music is fantastic, and it's absolutely gorgeous to look at. It's gotta be one of my favorite games on the Wii U.

I also picked up Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor Overclocked while it was on sale, and I've been enjoying that as well. After dropping SMT4 for being 2difficult4me (and because of being in college), I feel this game is a much better introduction to the series and I'm excited to finally be playing a SMT game. I wanted to familiarize myself with the series before SMT x FE comes out so I can fully appreciate the aspects from both games. Anyways I really enjoy the gameplay in Devil Survivor, it feels like Fire Emblem and Earthbound mixed together as opposed to SMT4 which felt like Pokemon and Earthbound mixed together. The story is pretty cool as well. I'm really looking forward to playing more of these.

I just made a Neopets account :P

Other than that I've been playing more Fantasia: Music Evolved, but I plan on finally starting The Wonderful 101 soon

This was a cool thread, I don't know why it died.

I started playing Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;birth today. It's a little too "anime" even for someone who likes anime but I guess I'll see if it gets better. Ironically, I watched the Neptunia anime and it was more bearable than this is so far.

I was playing Valkyrie Profile, but I got fed up with it because if you make one little mistake it completely destroys your ability to get the best ending. I'll get back to it eventually, though. The combat is pretty fun. 

This was a cool thread, I don't know why it died.

I started playing Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;birth today. It's a little too "anime" even for someone who likes anime but I guess I'll see if it gets better. Ironically, I watched the Neptunia anime and it was more bearable than this is so far.

Maybe people just aren't playing games anymore :0

I actually thought about getting Hyperdimension Neptunia since I like anime and I heard it was pretty good, but I looked at the screenshots and it sounds like I felt the same way about it that you do. Too kawaii desu for my tastes

Right now I'm playing through Valkyria Chronicles on PC, which feels like "anime WWII-era XCOM", along with some Deadly Premonition for when I'm in the mood for that. Not very far in either yet, although both are pretty great. Gonna be getting Fire Emblem If next week though, so that'll dominate my video game schedule for a while. Gonna go the Hoshido route first, and I'm crossing my fingers I'll have enough to buy the Nohr route afterwards.

• Upvote 1

Right now I'm playing through Valkyria Chronicles on PC, which feels like "anime WWII-era XCOM", along with some Deadly Premonition for when I'm in the mood for that. Not very far in either yet, although both are pretty great. Gonna be getting Fire Emblem If next week though, so that'll dominate my video game schedule for a while. Gonna go the Hoshido route first, and I'm crossing my fingers I'll have enough to buy the Nohr route afterwards.

I should get back to Valkyria Chronicles. It gets pretty difficult and I ended up taking a break from it and not getting back to it. 

I'm playing JJBA:All Star Battle, Pokemon:OR & DOA5:Last Round.

JJBA:ASB is okay. As fighting games go it really isn't the best, but I kinda' want an overview of the JJBA story post Part3 without having to read the manga (because that funk is long, yo). At least the moves are all flashy & OTT enough to keep the game entertaining.

Not much to say about OR. I like it, but I still think I prefer Y. I feel OR doesn't deviate too much from the source and, as a result, tweaks to its gameplay were limited. Still a brilliant remake though.

DOA5:LR is what DOA5 should have been. Unlike DOA5, LR has managed to keep my attention for much longer after finishing the Story and Arcade modes. I've never had as much fun online in a DOA game as I've had with LR. There are still plenty of good players to fight too, which is a good sign...don't buy the PC version though; it doesn't have online multiplayer yet and runs on the last gen (360/PS3) version of the game's engine.

I've been casually playing Dirty Bomb and Trove a lot recently.  They're both pretty good fun F2P games with optional paid stuff.

Rhythm Heaven Fever, working on getting a Superb medal/Perfect medal on every minigame. Way harder than it looks.

Trying to beat Styx: Master of Shadows. After Mission 3 the game really starts to show its shortcomings imo. After this point you just replay earlier stages filled with a greater number of tougher enemies (with some arguably cheap enemy placements).

I don't think I'd mind as much if the game didn't spend roughly a minute reloading the level after every death.