Sign in to follow this  
ggamer2004

E3 2011 - Nintendo predictions?

Hey guys. I don't know how many of you know about this yet, but Nintendo is unveiling (that is showing a prototype for) a new console this year at E3. This console is said to surpass both the 360 and remarkably the PS3 in its capabilities.

Of course, with every E3 keynote, new games are surely going to be presented. It's been speculated that a new Mario game and a new Zelda game will be announced for the new console (codenamed Project Cafe), but that's a given.

So, what do you think Nintendo will be announcing at E3, game-wise? I'm hoping for a Super Smash Bros. 4 announcement, but I hope for that every year since it's my favorite game series of all time. Also, what particulars (features, specs) do you think will be announced for Project Cafe?

The Nintendo E3 keynote will be on June 7th at 9:00 a.m. PDT. This is 11:00 a.m. CST.

E3 can't come soon enough, for some reason i think that this new console will tell us once and for all if Nintendo will get the hardcore gamers back or not.

We'll see.

E3 can't come soon enough, for some reason i think that this new console will tell us once and for all if Nintendo will get the hardcore gamers back or not.

We'll see.

That's exactly how I feel. I got a Wii before a 360 but since I've had my 360 I have hardly touched anything "Nintendo," with the only exceptions being when I'm hanging out with friends or when I want to play something on my 3DS.

Keep this in mind during E3. If these three things get announced, I will surely have passed out from too much excitement:

1) 360-level (or higher) friend connection (e.g. a good way to voice chat, no friend codes, etc.)

2) More 3rd party titles. If Nintendo starts getting the games that the 360 and PS3 already get, I'll be psyched.

3) Super Smash Bros. 4. If this is announced, along with the first thing, I will be psyched completely. Not only will my favorite game series continue, but I'll finally be able to play it with people on a regular basis.

It's not that hard to surpass the PS3 graphically. Almost all mid-range PCs surpass the PS3 in power. That being said, it better surpass the 360 and PS3 by a significant margin if they want third parties to support them.

It's not that hard to surpass the PS3 graphically. Almost all mid-range PCs surpass the PS3 in power. That being said, it better surpass the 360 and PS3 by a significant margin if they want third parties to support them.

I know it's not hard to surpass the PS3, but for Nintendo, who has been behind graphically for a long time, this would be a HUGE step. I imagine Sony and Microsoft getting butthurt over the ordeal and rushing production on their own new consoles.

I read somewhere though that third parties are already developing games for the new console. Of course, all developers would want to make games for the best possible system because it shows off the games much better. I just sincerely hope Nintendo does not make the new console motion-control-reliant. If that happens, they have little to no hope of getting the large titles.

Every hermit and eye bagged joe with an internet connection will formed half baked opinions that all but 0.1% will come true.

I hate how everyone thinks their a god damn marketing genius because they think Nintendo "will be out of the counsel wars by next year".

Here an idea: wait. Something tells me if you're worried about the state and status quo of video game market, you can wait a few months without anyone missing you.

Nintendo DS 4. One that doesn't make people puke when they look at it.

It just takes time to get used to the 3D. The eye strain has gone down dramatically for me since I've bought it.

Still doesn't fix the lack of games, though. :cry: Gimme the Virtual Console already.

I hate how everyone thinks their a god damn marketing genius because they think Nintendo "will be out of the counsel wars by next year".

Nintendo's dominating the market. For anybody to think that they're going to drop out of the console wars by next year is just silly, especially since they're revealing their next console.

Or do you mean Sony? Either way, it's not all that smart of a prediction. People are making such a huge deal out of the PSN ordeal that they're making it look like much a bigger issue than it actually is.

My predictions:

• [*:zfddneh1]Unless Sony and Microsoft come out with their next gen consoles soon, Nintendo's going to have a destructive head-start on next generation. The same head-start that the 360 had.
    [*:zfddneh1]With the announcement of Nintendo's new console (Project Cafe), they're going to be revealing a nice new handful of games. This could very well include a new Mario game (one that isn't in space), a new Zelda game (one that isn't cell shaded or TP-styled), and a very likely chance of Pikmin 3.
    [*:zfddneh1]Rumor has it Telltale Games might reveal something huge too. They're the ones who make all the point-and-click games.
    [*:zfddneh1]Rockstar might just reveal a new game. Most likely Grand Theft Auto V.
    [*:zfddneh1]Eidos are going to detail Hitman 5. Not as much of a prediction as it is actually going to happen, but I'm just really excited for it. :D
    [*:zfddneh1]Nintendo might announce the US release date for the next Professor Layton. It's not likely to happen in E3, but you never know.
    [*:zfddneh1]Sony will reveal something huge for the Sony phone-thingamajig.
    [*:zfddneh1]Capcom will share details on their new decision to bring their games to the PC.
    [*:zfddneh1]Alan Wake 2 will be detailed.
    [*:zfddneh1]Seeing as the 3DS shop arrives the day before (the day of in Japan) Nintendo's E3 conference, there's a chance they might have something related to reveal.
    [*:zfddneh1]Details on Mario Kart 3DS.
    [*:zfddneh1]Meet the Medic might release sometime around E3.
    [*:zfddneh1]Details on the Portal 2 DLC.

My hopes:

• [*:zfddneh1]That the new Nintendo console wasn't made for casuals.
    [*:zfddneh1]Bully 2
    [*:zfddneh1]Pokemon Snap 2
    [*:zfddneh1]Sam & Max Season 4, or Tales of Monkey Island Season 2
    [*:zfddneh1]A new (big) Valve game that isn't Left 4 Dead.
    [*:zfddneh1]A Zelda game for the 3DS that's actually controlled with buttons.
    [*:zfddneh1]A console Pokemon game that's actually fun.
    [*:zfddneh1]Psychonauts 2 (in the perfect world... sigh)

AND THAT'S IT

[*]Psychonauts 2 (in the perfect world... sigh)

This might actually happen.

Tim confirmed he was ready to work on Psychonauts 2, and while Double Fine is currently split into smaller projects, the one that Tim is working on hasn't been revealed yet.

hope hope hope hope hope

I completely agree with the hope that Nintendo's Project Cafe won't be casual, but with a title like "Cafe," ... it almost seems inevitable. I'm hoping not though, since I'm still a huge fan of Nintendo.

Not sure about all of these hardcore and casual stuff, I don't really understand them. Can't really comment on that.

Anyways, what I mostly hope for is that they'll have a stronger third party support and with their downloadable service, offer more options to the developers. Sure, there are some good, even better games than Nintendo's that are third party, however there is not much, most them tend to be just plain shovelware. The downloadable service from what I know devlopers said that it was very annoying to get something out, and due to the memory requirements, some games just couldn't be made on the Wii without becoming downgraded, causing the devlopers to stop making them, such as Super Meat Boy. Out of everything, these two things are what I hope the most out of Nintendo with their new Cafe'.

They'll also probably have some new games, and I absolutely bet that they might show off Super Mario 3DS, as they are trying to release it this year. Anything else I am not so sure about.

They'll also probably have some new games, and I absolutely bet that they might show off Super Mario 3DS, as they are trying to release it this year. Anything else I am not so sure about.

It already has been revealed:

http://ds.ign.com/articles/115/1153006p1.html

It'll most likely be talked about in greater detail at E3, and it's supposed to have a 2011 release.

Nintendo DS 4. One that doesn't make people puke when they look at it.

It just takes time to get used to the 3D. The eye strain has gone down dramatically for me since I've bought it.

Still doesn't fix the lack of games, though. :cry: Gimme the Virtual Console already.

Nintendo's dominating the market. For anybody to think that they're going to drop out of the console wars by next year is just silly, especially since they're revealing their next console.

Or do you mean Sony? Either way, it's not all that smart of a prediction. People are making such a huge deal out of the PSN ordeal that they're making it look like much a bigger issue than it actually is.

My predictions:

• [*:1cdy5wsz]Unless Sony and Microsoft come out with their next gen consoles soon, Nintendo's going to have a destructive head-start on next generation. The same head-start that the 360 had.
    [*:1cdy5wsz]With the announcement of Nintendo's new console (Project Cafe), they're going to be revealing a nice new handful of games. This could very well include a new Mario game (one that isn't in space), a new Zelda game (one that isn't cell shaded or TP-styled), and a very likely chance of Pikmin 3.
    [*:1cdy5wsz]Rumor has it Telltale Games might reveal something huge too. They're the ones who make all the point-and-click games.
    [*:1cdy5wsz]Rockstar might just reveal a new game. Most likely Grand Theft Auto V.
    [*:1cdy5wsz]Eidos are going to detail Hitman 5. Not as much of a prediction as it is actually going to happen, but I'm just really excited for it. :D
    [*:1cdy5wsz]Nintendo might announce the US release date for the next Professor Layton. It's not likely to happen in E3, but you never know.
    [*:1cdy5wsz]Sony will reveal something huge for the Sony phone-thingamajig.
    [*:1cdy5wsz]Capcom will share details on their new decision to bring their games to the PC.
    [*:1cdy5wsz]Alan Wake 2 will be detailed.
    [*:1cdy5wsz]Seeing as the 3DS shop arrives the day before (the day of in Japan) Nintendo's E3 conference, there's a chance they might have something related to reveal.
    [*:1cdy5wsz]Details on Mario Kart 3DS.
    [*:1cdy5wsz]Meet the Medic might release sometime around E3.
    [*:1cdy5wsz]Details on the Portal 2 DLC.

My hopes:

• [*:1cdy5wsz]That the new Nintendo console wasn't made for casuals.
    [*:1cdy5wsz]Bully 2
    [*:1cdy5wsz]Pokemon Snap 2
    [*:1cdy5wsz]Sam & Max Season 4, or Tales of Monkey Island Season 2
    [*:1cdy5wsz]A new (big) Valve game that isn't Left 4 Dead.
    [*:1cdy5wsz]A Zelda game for the 3DS that's actually controlled with buttons.
    [*:1cdy5wsz]A console Pokemon game that's actually fun.
    [*:1cdy5wsz]Psychonauts 2 (in the perfect world... sigh)

AND THAT'S IT

Microsoft isn't coming out with another console until 2014. There's no way Nintendo can have a "destructive" head start when its games and graphics are so far behind in the quality of the PS3 and Xbox. Since their so focused on the casual market any new console they come out with isn't going to be a success unless it hass 100% backwards compatability with Wii games. The reason being is that these casual players hardly play the Wii as it is so what reason would they have to upgrade?

Also Nintendo is going to start taking some serious hits if they don't start focusing on 3rd party games. "Sure we have a new system but we only have the rehashed games you liked on the Wii and another remake of our franchise characters."

Anything Sony comes out with is going to be completely undermined by the fact that their network is down. Any new DLC or Arcade games are going to be impossible to buy without it. Any blockbuster hits they showcase is going to be worthless if it has multiplayer. The sad part is they might not even be able to demo multiplayer for a lot of the games. And people aren't overblowing the PSN being down, their stocks have taken huge hits because of it. The fact that the ENTIRE NETWORK was shut down by a group of hackes shows incompetency on the highest levels.

Microsoft isn't coming out with another console until 2014. There's no way Nintendo can have a "destructive" head start when its games and graphics are so far behind in the quality of the PS3 and Xbox. Since their so focused on the casual market any new console they come out with isn't going to be a success unless it hass 100% backwards compatability with Wii games. The reason being is that these casual players hardly play the Wii as it is so what reason would they have to upgrade?

Also Nintendo is going to start taking some serious hits if they don't start focusing on 3rd party games. "Sure we have a new system but we only have the rehashed games you liked on the Wii and another remake of our franchise characters."

You make me laugh, TFK.

I mean, its totally impossible that the next Nintendo system is going to have good games and graphics, right?

I mean, the Gamecube didn't do that. Neither did the N64.

And the reason why there's so many "remakes" of games featuring Zelda, Mario, Kirby, etc?

Because they're literally some of the best games out there, and each new game adds something new (unlike, for example, Call of Duty).

You make me laugh, TFK.

I mean, its totally impossible that the next Nintendo system is going to have good games and graphics, right?

I mean, the Gamecube didn't do that. Neither did the N64.

And the reason why there's so many "remakes" of games featuring Zelda, Mario, Kirby, etc?

Because they're literally some of the best games out there, and each new game adds something new (unlike, for example, Call of Duty).

Wrong, most are literally the same game with updated graphics, new controls, and a few new features and items. Mario Kart and Super Smash Brothers and the best examples of this. And since when did I say Call of Duty hasn't been doing that? They were doing the same thing until they came out with Modern Warfare and after the success of that look what they're doing now.

The reason the Wii was so successful is because it was the first motion controlled game system. Nothing had ever been done like that before. It was new and amazing. Unless Nintedo's new console has the same groundbreaking revolution for the game industry then its not going to be as successful as the Wii.

To clarify something, there have been reports of many 3rd party companies already working on games for Project Cafe. Also, it is all but confirmed (meaning it's pretty much confirmed, but E3 hasn't happened yet) that Project Cafe will outdo 360 and PS3 graphically. The new console will be the first Nintendo console to support HD.

As for games and game quality, that's up for speculation. What isn't up for speculation is this: If the new Nintendo console gets equal 3rd party support (that is, equal with 360 and PS3), it's better graphically than the others, Nintendo fixes their online situation (which they've begun to do with the 3DS) so that it becomes easier to communicate with and play games online with friends, and it's between $200 and $350, Project Cafe absolutely will get a nice head start. I'm not speculating as much as I am just listing stuff people have told me would be a selling point, as well as including stuff I thought of myself.

Whether Project Cafe is better or not is still, as said, up to speculation. Regardless of whether you think Nintendo has been absolutely horrible and unsuccessful with a certain demographic since the Nintendo 64, there is nothing that suggests that a new Nintendo console can't or won't blow gamers, developers, and rival companies away.

But, seeing as this is a predictions thread, feel free to speculate. We won't know much until June 7th.

Oh yeah, and backwards compatibility is a given, and it's been announced (though I can't remember the source. You can find the announcement via Google if you want to badly enough). All Wii games will be playable on Project Cafe.

Now, I'm not sure if this means the Wiimote will be compatible and the new controller will be unique and possibly not even rely on motion controls (I can only hope this is the case) or if it means the new controller will be more of an upgraded Wiimote than anything else. Seeing how they added compatibility for Gamecube controllers in the Wii, it's likely they will add compatibility for Wii controllers in Project Cafe.

Here's a question so this doesn't become a console war:

Out of curiosity, do you think Nintendo will continue relying on motion controls, or will they revolutionize the market again? If Project Cafe will do something new, what could it possibly be?

(Feel free to ignore that question. I'm just trying to keep this a speculation thread rather than a petty argument thread. Haha.)

Oh yeah, and backwards compatibility is a given, and it's been announced (though I can't remember the source. You can find the announcement via Google if you want to badly enough). All Wii games will be playable on Project Cafe.

Now, I'm not sure if this means the Wiimote will be compatible and the new controller will be unique and possibly not even rely on motion controls (I can only hope this is the case) or if it means the new controller will be more of an upgraded Wiimote than anything else. Seeing how they added compatibility for Gamecube controllers in the Wii, it's likely they will add compatibility for Wii controllers in Project Cafe.

Here's a question so this doesn't become a console war:

Out of curiosity, do you think Nintendo will continue relying on motion controls, or will they revolutionize the market again? If Project Cafe will do something new, what could it possibly be?

(Feel free to ignore that question. I'm just trying to keep this a speculation thread rather than a petty argument thread. Haha.)

http://media.wii.ign.com/articles/116/1162212/img_8370609.html

it's supposed to be a touchscreen

Oh no, here come the walls of text. :(

Microsoft isn't coming out with another console until 2014. There's no way Nintendo can have a "destructive" head start when its games and graphics are so far behind in the quality of the PS3 and Xbox.

Well, first of all, according to the rumors (and personally, I'd be surprised if this weren't true), Project Cafe is going to have better graphics than the PS3 and 360. Keep in mind, it's been years since those graphics came into fruition, Nintendo would have no trouble achieving it for a new system. I mean, when has Nintendo ever released a console whose graphics are worse than the previous generation's consoles? And, oh dang, can't believe I need to ask this, but since when does a good game depend on graphics quality? It's not like the Wii was just shunted by the public, and it has crummy graphics compared to the PS3 and 360. It's not as if Nintendo's just releasing another motion control console, they do have something new planned for it. Yes, if Project Cafe was the only 8th Gen console on the market, it would definitely get a destructive head start. Just being told that it's the newest and most powerful console on the market would get enough people to buy it. Heck, look at the 360. The only reason it has more sales than the PS3 is because it got a year's head start.

Since their so focused on the casual market any new console they come out with isn't going to be a success unless it hass 100% backwards compatability with Wii games. The reason being is that these casual players hardly play the Wii as it is so what reason would they have to upgrade?

I said the same thing about the Kinect and I was wrong (to some extent). And what makes you think it wouldn't have backwards compatibility with the Wii? The Wii had backwards compatibility with the GameCube. Even then, why wouldn't it be a success? You said it yourself, the casual players hardly play the Wii as it is. Do you think they'd care about giving up their WiiSports and Guitar Hero 3 in exchange for a new console with completely new games? You're making it sound like Nintendo will never be as successful as they were with the Wii (in which case you might have forgotten how the DS has sold almost twice as much). It's not as if Nintendo just got lucky with the Wii and will never be able to please casuals again, they know what they're doing. Casual gamers aren't just going to abandon all other possible game systems because they already found the Wii and don't need anything else for the rest of their lives.

They've already made it clear that they're going to have more of a focus on 3rd party games for this generation. As for that second part, well, I'll get around to that later.

Anything Sony comes out with is going to be completely undermined by the fact that their network is down. Any new DLC or Arcade games are going to be impossible to buy without it. Any blockbuster hits they showcase is going to be worthless if it has multiplayer. The sad part is they might not even be able to demo multiplayer for a lot of the games.

That's not even true. The services are already back up in the Americas, and Sony's guaranteed that everything will be back to normal by the end of May at the latest. E3 is in June.

And people aren't overblowing the PSN being down, their stocks have taken huge hits because of it. The fact that the ENTIRE NETWORK was shut down by a group of hackes shows incompetency on the highest levels.

Anything is hackable. People treat the situation as if PSN has literally no security, yet they somehow managed to go without any major problems for this many years? I mean, I'm baffled about some of the fanboyish remarks I've heard on this situation. The other day, I was talking to a 360 fanboy about it, and he was convinced, completely convinced, that the hacker was a 13-year old. I mean, seriously? Almost every well-known online service in existence has been hacked at some point, and to be honest, the hackers probably wouldn't have been able to do it if it weren't for Anonymous hacking the PSN. And let's not kid ourselves here, Anonymous can hack pretty much anything they want. Also, it wasn't shut down by the hackers. Sony shut it down in order to improve their security.

Wrong, most are literally the same game with updated graphics, new controls, and a few new features and items. Mario Kart and Super Smash Brothers and the best examples of this.

Dang, that's totally true. I'm so tired of getting sequels that use the same system and add new features like Super Smash Bros Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, Hitman: Blood Money, Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations, LittleBigPlanet 2, Grand Theft Auto IV, Uncharted 2, and Portal 2. Let's get sequels that completely change the game we used to know and love, like Super Paper Mario or Kirby Canvas Curse.

From what I've seen, your criteria for a good/successful game are:

1: The sequels have to be changed so much, that they're not even sequels anymore.

2: Graphics have to be good.

When you want to make a sequel to a successful game, you add to it, you don't change it. Why would you change something that people love? It's one thing if you want to make a completely new game, it's another if you're making a continuation of a previous game. Super Paper Mario was a fun game, but it changed everything I knew and loved from the previous Paper Mario games, and as a result made me hate it, very very much. Would you want the next Grand Theft Auto to be a turn-based RPG? Of course not! Turn-based RPGs can be fun, but fans of Grand Theft Auto are going to want to play an open-world game, not a turn-based RPG. If The Behemoth made a sequel to Castle Crashers, would you want it to be a puzzle game? Heck no!

I love Super Smash Bros and Mario Kart. If Nintendo were ever to change them, I don't think I'd ever be able to forgive them. Babbity was very right to say that Nintendo sequels always add something new. They just don't change anything big, is all, and that's a very good thing.

And since when did I say Call of Duty hasn't been doing that? They were doing the same thing until they came out with Modern Warfare and after the success of that look what they're doing now.

Call of Duty's problem isn't that its sequels are just like its predecessors, Call of Duty's problem is that its games are just like 99% of other generic FPSs. The only reason they're really famous is because Activision pays tons of money (the money they should use to develop said games) to advertise them to casuals. I'm not saying hardcore gamers can't like Call of Duty, only that it's aimed mostly to casuals.

The reason the Wii was so successful is because it was the first motion controlled game system. Nothing had ever been done like that before. It was new and amazing.

While I personally hate the Wii's motion controls with a passion (mostly because you don't have the choice to play without them), I do agree that the Wii wouldn't have been nearly as successful as it is today if it weren't for the motion controls. That being said, I hated the Wii, because instead of adding on to previous control schemes, it changed them (sound familiar?). I didn't want to play with motion controls, but I was practically forced to. Although it's not as if the Wii would have been unsuccessful without motion controls. Sure, if you rip the motion controls right out of the Wii, the thing's practically garbage, but keep in mind that the game quality wouldn't have been nearly the same if it weren't for the motion controls. If Nintendo hadn't have had (that's a mouthful) any new gimmicks/innovative experiences/whateveryouwannacallthem on the Wii, they definitely would have shifted their focus on the graphics and overall power of the system instead. Their games would also have more quality, seeing as they wouldn't always be leaning on the shoulders of motion controls.

Unless Nintedo's new console has the same groundbreaking revolution for the game industry then its not going to be as successful as the Wii.

That much is true (although I personally don't consider motion controls to be a "groundbreaking revolution," but that's just me). The thing is, Nintendo has already long-since announced that their next console is going to include something awesome that they hope will match the groundbreaking revolutionisms of motion controls. Rumor has it there will be a touch screen on the controller. As long as they don't abuse this, I'm absolutely psyched about the idea.

On the other hand, like with what I covered above, even if Nintendo weren't to add something new to their next console, it wouldn't necessarily guarantee their demise or anything silly like that. If they were to focus less on gimmicks/new stuff/whatever, they would obviously focus more on graphics/power/online/whatever. Sure, chances are, they wouldn't make as much as they did with the Wii, but they wouldn't fall into a massive crater of failure, either.

Dang, how long has it been since I started this post? Is it still 2009? Somebody please read my massive walls of text, or I'm going to go cry alone.

I love Super Smash Bros and Mario Kart. If Nintendo were ever to change them, I don't think I'd ever be able to forgive them.

My thoughts exactly. I was actually thinking that when I thought you were being serious about completely changing up sequels. I should have known that you wouldn't say that though haha.

Dang, how long has it been since I started this post? Is it still 2009? Somebody please read my massive walls of text, or I'm going to go cry alone.

I read your argument. It was great! And, I have nothing to add. About it still being 2009... I have some bad news. You may want to sit down for this.

Sushi your going to kill me with all the rebuttling I have to do now.

Yes... All according to plan...

Edit: Moving to Other Games.

Wrong, most are literally the same game with updated graphics, new controls, and a few new features and items. Mario Kart and Super Smash Brothers and the best examples of this.

Dang, that's totally true. I'm so tired of getting sequels that use the same system and add new features like Super Smash Bros Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, Hitman: Blood Money, Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations, LittleBigPlanet 2, Grand Theft Auto IV, Uncharted 2, and Portal 2. Let's get sequels that completely change the game we used to know and love, like Super Paper Mario or Kirby Canvas Curse.

From what I've seen, your criteria for a good/successful game are:

1: The sequels have to be changed so much, that they're not even sequels anymore.

2: Graphics have to be good.

When you want to make a sequel to a successful game, you add to it, you don't change it. Why would you change something that people love? It's one thing if you want to make a completely new game, it's another if you're making a continuation of a previous game. Super Paper Mario was a fun game, but it changed everything I knew and loved from the previous Paper Mario games, and as a result made me hate it, very very much. Would you want the next Grand Theft Auto to be a turn-based RPG? Of course not! Turn-based RPGs can be fun, but fans of Grand Theft Auto are going to want to play an open-world game, not a turn-based RPG. If The Behemoth made a sequel to Castle Crashers, would you want it to be a puzzle game? Heck no!

I love Super Smash Bros and Mario Kart. If Nintendo were ever to change them, I don't think I'd ever be able to forgive them. Babbity was very right to say that Nintendo sequels always add something new. They just don't change anything big, is all, and that's a very good thing.

I absolutely agree. For some reason, people just keep talking about how sequels are too similar to the original and feel like an "expansion". Isn't that what most sequels are supposed to do? I know that there are some sequels that go and change quite a lot, but most of the time the core is still very similar. To me, sequels should be similar to their predecessors, unless it was planned to travel a whole new route, kind of like Rayman to Rayman 2. That actually turned out pretty good.

Also, if they want to make something into something else, spin-offs usually happen from what I've seen. Kind of like how you have Mario with his classic platforming but then also has racing or sports games. But rather than being part of the MAIN series really, they are off in their own. Making spin-offs or seperate takes on the series are always a way to turn something into something else.

It already has been revealed:

http://ds.ign.com/articles/115/1153006p1.html

It'll most likely be talked about in greater detail at E3, and it's supposed to have a 2011 release.

I said that they'll probably show it off more, not reveal it. :lol:

I do wonder how it is going to be though. Seems like it they are bringing in the Racoon Suit in, so I bet we'll see tons of classic things returning.