Sign in to follow this  
Powered by Chicken

SAVE GLITCH without changing consoles (Help us help you!)

OK. We've been making huge progress on the Title Update! But we've got a question for you masses. We've got the saved data bug isolated for a number of specific situations that you are probably familiar with by now, most of which involve somehow a moving to another xbox. Except for one.

Has anyone experienced the Saved data glitch when you are playing on the same box you originally got the game? We have had a couple of reports of this, but without too much detail. We are looking for situations where people encountered the glitch with the following circumstances:

• [*:18xvu8cy]You downloaded the game on the console and have never moved the game or your profile to another console.
    • [*:18xvu8cy]This means you have NOT recovered your gamertag and played on another xbox. [*:18xvu8cy]you have NOT removed your hard drive and played CC from it on another xbox.
      [*:18xvu8cy]you have NOT saved your game or your profile to a Memory Card and taken it to another Xbox.

We are looking for as much detail as possible if this happened to you. What type of console are you playing on? what were you doing before the data loss? were you playing on insane or regular? Did you quit or load the game in any strange way?

Also, if this didn't happen to you, but you remember seeing a post about it somewhere (on this forum or another), give us the heads up and a link if possible!

thank you!

:arrow::arrow:

Kelly

I guess If it ain't broke, don't fix it?

I have never suffered data loss, and I have both; played online and done the Catfish/Bat Boss exp. booster. (For testing purposes only, I swear!) I have never tried to take my game on another hard drive, or save the game to a memory card, or recovered my profile at someone else's house to play the game. No "Justice Glitch" for me! :D

Guest OneDeadlyBum

Are you interested in details regarding data loss that may or may not be related to online play? I've lost data without ever moving my profile or hard drive to another console. There are quite a few detailed posts in the first data loss related topic of people having the same issue, which is losing data after playing online.

Hello~

I recently got this game a while ago. I downloaded the game at my house, and would take it over to a friends house to play (where he did *not have an internet connection). 2 friends made new profiles on my xbox, i used my xbox live account, and another friend used his xbox live account.

we jammed through the game a first time with no problems, beating it 4 player local co-op and unlocking all the new guys etc. when another friend wanted to play on a new profile, he logged out of a non-xbox live profile. when that original profile tried to log back in, his blue knight was now back to level 1, but still had the skull icon indicating he beat the game. strange? at this point none of us were aware that there were any glitches or save issues.

anyways, we started another game using the new characters we had just unlocked. after we beat the game that time around, the same problem happened *again*. It always seems to happen at the character select screen. if we would select a character and press B to go back to the menu, the character would be lost forever. Except this time, my poor friend was back to starting over again, without any saved characters.

Another issue, (could be completely different), was with my friend who had his xbox live account on my console. apparently his account had been moved back to his console for playing online, but left the offline version in my xbox. so the other day he figures "might as well get some achievements," and decides to recover his gamertag onto my console. no problems in the recovery process, but when we log back into CC his account is brand new. this sounds like a mistake on our part, because his offline account was replaced with the online account.

hope this helps you figure out the problem, but i wish there was some way to get my friends back their characters. my account and the 2nd profile that was made on my xbox have seen no errors thus far.

I purchased CC yesterday, and I lose all my data (levels, weapons, orbs... everything) every time I quit the game and go back to play.

I'm playing on an Elite console, playing the game on regular mode, and have been quitting the game through the pause menu. I have also not played online at all once.

Hopefully you guys figure out why the game isn't retaining any data because I want to play!

Yes. I get the save data glitch every single time I play the game.

The only time I haven't gotten it was on my 2nd play (on the console where I'd purchased it); I resumed, and my 360 promptly RRoD'd on me.

Afterwards, quite anxious to crash me some castles, I migrated my account. After the first, then the glitches began to roll. Even after recovering on my 'home console' (freshly repaired and arrived last night) I still encounter these problems.

My non-expert diagnosis? Account recovery/migration plays a huge part. (Not that you asked, but hey.)

EDIT: Oops, didn't read your bulleted list.

Short answer: No, never encountered it under those circumstances.

this happened to me 9/20 at 11:00. I did send my xbox in to microsoft to repair it, but when i got it back the data was fine and I played for a couple days then everything went away, as if I just got the game. One strange thing about it is, I used to have a lvl 99 red knight, but in the leaderboards it says I have a lvl 99 green knight. Also after I got the glitch I played online with someone and got to like lvl 3, but the when I played online with him today I list my data again, he and a friend he invited to the game lost their data too, but they didn't lose their characters and levels. I hope this can be resolved because I was working towards getting all of the characters and had 15 unlocked so far.

Are you interested in details regarding data loss that may or may not be related to online play? I've lost data without ever moving my profile or hard drive to another console. There are quite a few detailed posts in the first data loss related topic of people having the same issue, which is losing data after playing online.

yes, this is the kind of issue i am looking for details on. Could you describe your situation for me? Also, i'm having trouble finding posts about losing data without somehow moving to another console. If you've found some, please send me links!

:arrow:

kelly

Guest EclipseNinja

On one of the first days I owned the game (sorry not more specific on time) I finally got into an online game with random person. During one of the desert level (against, sorry if not specific enough... bad memory) the game lagged out and I was sent to the title screen. The host invited me back to his game and when he started it up I noticed I had lost all items (bow, animals, weapons, etc.). Only my knight's level and the level I beat were retained.

My xbox is a premium non-hdmi Microsoft repaired unit. It happend the first time playing online.

I hope any of this helps. :)

Guest OneDeadlyBum

Just got some partial data loss. I was playing online for a bit, so I can't spot exactly when it happened unfortunately - some of the details i'm providing may be unrelated to the data loss, but too much info is better than not enough right? :lol:

I turned my console on, and a friend invited me to play with him. I accepted the invite from the dashboard, and we played for a bit - he did the catfish "glitch" and the graphics ended up glitching out. To replicate it, throw the boomerang so that it catches on the back of the catfish, and block right next to him so he doesn't go underwater. If he gets stunned by the cannonball, and dies while he is still taking damage from the boomerang on his back, the graphics will glitch out and you have to exit the game to make it go away. This isn't my video, but it shows just how easy it is to replicate this bug: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtNI4yOQM5U

I turned my Xbox off, then turned it back on and started castle crashers again. This time, I joined a "session in progress" through the dashboard. We decided to go weapon hunting, so went to the boat where you fight all the ninjas to try and get the sai to drop. Another friend of mine logged in and invited me to play with him, so I arranged for all of us to play together by having him invite both of us. I accepted the invite while we were still fighting the ninjas on the ship, I did NOT exit to the map or exit the game first.

We all decided to 'start fresh' with new characters, so I picked a level one character. We cleared up until the barbarian boss and decided to visit the blacksmith to change our weapons/animal orbs. I thought something was off when it wouldn't let me switch to weapons and animal orbs I knew i've unlocked, so I explained to my friends what was going on and immediately used the dashboard to exit the game (bypassing the save that occurs when you exit through the in-game menu) in hopes of retaining my data.

I then started a local game to see what I had left. All of my characters, their levels, their current progress on the map, and what they currently have equipped remained intact. However, I lost:

All of my gold

All of my items (literally everything - the relics, boomerang, bow, potions etc)

All of my weapons (except for what my characters had equipped)

All of my animal orbs (again - except for what my characters had equipped)

some other info that may help:

I've only played Castle Crashers on my Xbox 360. I only play while i'm connected to Xbox Live and signed into my profile. I've done tons of local play (both single player and multiplayer) without any issues, I only lost my data after playing online.

I can't say for sure, but if I had to guess I would say that the data loss is related to the boomerang glitch or joining games in a way the game did not expect (ie: accepting an invite to play with somebody while you are still in a level). Maybe what happened here is after accepting the invite, it exited the level, prompting a save, but before it could finish it dropped to the menu, resulting in an incomplete/corrupted save. Being disconnected or dropped from a game also kicks you to the menu, which may or may not affect your data - especially scary since in two player online co-op, if one player leaves or disconnects, both players are thrown back to the main menu without a chance to save their progress.

I will scour the other data loss topic and see what I can find for you, kelly :)

Guest OneDeadlyBum

Here's a few posts from people claiming to have lost data while playing on their own console. There are a few common themes here:

The first one may have done some weird profile stuff (signing in and out of profiles while the game was open. wasn't too specific)

At least two of the players here accepted an invite to play online through the dashboard while the game was "active" (they were in a stage or choosing their character)

One of them seems to have been disconnected from an online game, only to find that they lost data when they started playing again.

I'll let you read for yourself. Most of the other posts in that topic were related to moving their profiles/hard drives, or weren't specific enough to help at all.

I was playing with my brother today and the character he was using got reset as if I used the reset option from the statistics screen. He still has all of his orbs, weapons, and gold, but got set back to level 1, his current level progress was wiped, and he now had default equipment (the rod with no orb equipped).

Setup:

I have a gold Xbox Live account and he just has a profile on my Xbox (no gold/silver Xbox Live account). I was the green knight and he was the red knight, neither of which had beaten the game (though we both have on several occasions with our other characters).

We had just beaten the volleyball game (10 to 5 if it matters), and he did end up hitting the guy who presents the map back a few times before we'd noticed the win. After that we went back to the map like usual and I quickly tried to get to the next stage. Instead of hitting up from the desert to head to the marsh I hit A. In the stage I tried to exit to map, but the option wasn't there so I just exited the game. When we tried to start it back up we noticed his red knight was level 1 at the character select screen (mine was fine) so we backed out to avoid the initial save when you get to the map. Trying to sign out of his account and back in didn't fix this issue (it was reported to have fixed other similar issues).

In conclusion, I think I may have entered the desert level while it was still saving. We weren't in that level long enough to notice if he had reset already, but I have seen that menu without an exit to map option before and had no ill effects. This may mean that you could force a save if the menu finds itself without that option, but it may just be better to have a little wait time while the game is saving (assuming my understanding of what happened is anywhere close).

[Edit]

Just got bitten by the data loss bug, which was nice.

I was playing 2 player co-op online, I believe we'd just finished the Marsh level, which as far as I can tell we made it through with no problems. After that we started on the Flooded Ruin or whatever its called, the other player hasn't been affected but I lost every single weapon, item, animal, and all my gold upon starting the level. The only item I was left with was the horn.

I still had the weapon and animal I was equipped with upon starting the level, but going to the blacksmith I was able to change animal to the cat that is above the locked door, but then I was unable to swap back to Hawkster, as if it was owned by somebody else in an online game. Exiting and re-entering the ark, Hawkster was gone too.

Every item was also lost for the rest of the characters I'd unlocked, including the bow. Starting the game on a fresh L1 character they have the image for the bow in their status bar, but can't be fired and actually disappears completely when you get the free potion from the guy at the back of the room.

Not sure if this is related, but I was playing as the L1 Bear while testing this and found I couldn't attack after using its magic whirlwind attack, but was able to attack again after a few seconds of after getting hit. Apart from having the bug where the rez indicator disappears and the floating Conehead Groom bug, I haven't had any other problems with the game.

edit: might be worth mentioning I accepted the game invite while I was still on the world map or in a level in a single player game, I can't remember which.

Heres my story.:

I had just beaten insane mode with a party of three online with my lvl 99 brute and we had planned to go ahead make another party and play again with new characters. So I decide to go check out the gold skull before he sends me an invite so I check out the skull looks pretty cool and I get my invite to play.

While I was still on the character select screen I accepted his invite to play and it had prompt me if I wanted to leave and all unsaved data and bleh bleh, so newho I go to accept the invite and we start the match and I choose my lvl 1 panda/bear. We start the new game and were killing and I notice I have no money so im thinking thats wierd, and we go ahead get to a check point and we headed to the blacksmith and I see a pet so I try to grab one and they refuse to come to me. And I have all the pets too, and I also notice none of the pets I owned werent there but all of his pets were there.

I plan on doing the same as superjay42.

I dont plan on playing the game at all until the update has been fixed along with the online multiplayer connection, and i wish the best of luck to the behemoth to fix there issues.

I leave out go to single player local match and I choose my lvl 99 brute and I had nothing but the weapon I already had in my hand and the pet that I already owned. I had no cash, no pets, and no weapons.

This happend to me today at like 2 am.

I lost all my data for the second time today. The first time was the first time playing multiplayer with some friends; I don't really remember the circumstances because I didn't notice it right away, until I went to grab a pet that suddenly didn't like me, and noticed, hey, all my money's gone, and I have no bow, and I can't use my weapons either! I figured it was because I accepted the invite while in the middle of a level, so I've been sure to always leave the game before taking an invite since that happened.

Then today, I got an invite from someone on the Behemoth CC list, so I exited the level I was on, joined the game (took several tries and finally I had to host the game myself) and one of the people I was playing with said, hey, you have no money .. and yep, all my weapons, items, and animals were missing too. I'm guessing it's because I took an invite from the world map, instead of the main menu? I'm definitely going to exit the game entirely from now on.

Most of the stuff isn't too hard to get back; the store-bought animals and weapons are a little bit of a pain when all your money disappears as well, and some of the rare drops (king's scepter), and character-unlocks (like the Peasant's spoon) will have to be shared back to me. At least my character data is intact.

OneDeadlyBum, you WIN at giving detail!

The problem with those other posts you mention, is that they never say if they transferred their game or their profile to another box. It appears that after someone does that the data loss will pop up. if any of you (mentioned in OneDeadlyBum's previous post) know that info, please let me know!

thanks again!

:arrow::arrow::arrow:

kelly

This is exactly whats happening to me. I downloaded the game 2 weeks ago. My 360 had a hardware fail and i sent it in for repair. I recieved it back few days ago and got the same console back (i checked the serial number, it was the same). And now the game doesnt retain any of my saves. I thought my xbox was messed up until i checked this forum.

I mentioned this in a comment to a post on the devblog. For thoroughness' sake I'll describe it in this thread in better detail.

I downloaded CC the day of release, after getting home from work. A friend and I hunkered down with our controllers while my girlfriend, mildly annoyed, responded with disapproving sounds from under the covers while she slept (you wanted details right? ok ok just kidding). I used my gamertag and he created one since the game demands that, and I usually play my games solo and didn't have a separate gamertag on my machine.

anyway, we fried our eyes on it for a about a solid 4 or 5 hours, at least. We beat it through once, played a bit with the unlocked characters, and collected heaps of weapons. the minstrel was eaten, and there was much rejoicing.

the next day we turn it on in the afternoon to do it all over again with new characters. there is a problem this time:

We both had giraffy, right? As in, one of us had giraffy, and the other went to the desert to dig him up, and we were leveling up like that until the end of the game. We were now standing in the animal ark and I went to pick up a different animal orb. I ended up getting that weird white spark and was unable to grab one. We deduced that this was because we both had giraffy, and that if I had to take a different animal, well, where would my giraffy go? what if he needed a different animal too? both giraffies would end up in the same space, and some rift in the space-time continuum would open up, etc. etc.

So i figured I'd go put giraffy in the trash can thing, and go grab an animal. I did so, but I couldn't grab any of them. at all. I said hurm, then exited and returned. no luck. It was at this point I realized that I had no gold coins. I believe I hadn't had any since we began the new game, but just now noticed that my friend's purse was plenty full (so-to-speak). We went into the frog and all those beautiful weapons were there, but I couldn't grab any, as they were all part of my friend's collection, not my own.

we freak out a bit at this point. I go back to the main screen, start a game by myself, and realize that the ark is plain EMPTY, the armory is EMPTY, and I'm goldless and p.o.'ed. Worthy of note: the character I had used and beaten the game with retained a white skull on his portrait but did not retain his levels.

then we went online to read the veritable frothy mess that was the forum boards about this issue, and realize we'd been had by the stat-killer bug.

at no point from the time I bought CC had I even been connected to XBOX live. I unplugged my network cable after downloading it because we didn't have a router, so I couldn't even have gone online by accident.

if the game hadn't been so good, we would've never gone back to it. but we eventually did, and now I just use the sign in/sign out method every time we play. we haven't had another crash like that since.

peace out.

other details:

We were playing on an Xbox 360 Falcon model (non-Elite)

We were playing regular mode

We did not quit or save in a weird way that I can remember. I might kinda remember turning the system off at the game's main screen but I'm not sure (it was late/early in the morning, as I previously stated).

The problem with those other posts you mention, is that they never say if they transferred their game or their profile to another box. It appears that after someone does that the data loss will pop up. if any of you (mentioned in OneDeadlyBum's previous post) know that info, please let me know!

I have only sent my xbox in for repairs and put my hard drive into someone elses xbox, neither of which have been done since last year. Sorry for the late reply, I was out of town.

The first one may have done some weird profile stuff (signing in and out of profiles while the game was open. wasn't too specific)

For clarification, signing out of my brothers profile was only done after we noticed his character was reset. It was reported as a fix for the (more common) data loss of all characters. Also, I don't think I pointed it out enough, but in my situation the causing factor seems to be tied to the missing "Exit to Map" option in the pause menu while in a level. It seems to think you're at the map and doesn't give you the option to exit to it.

I've never moved my profile - my 360 is a 20GB premium.

I played online and was fine with two friends - tried with a different friend, and it got really laggy and he dropped. Tried it a few more times, and each time it would get really laggy, and drop and after like the third time I noticed when we joined up again that I had no money, items, or animals, though I kept my unlocked characters, levels, and who'd beaten it. I'd beaten the game once with the alien, and not with anybody else. When I beat the game, it was with a 3-person group (with the 2 friends where it worked) When it glitched with the third friend it was just me and him, and I was trying to beat it with the gray knight. The first time it lagged out I believe was against the painter boss, and then twice against the next boss with all the guys. I haven't ever played on insane.

This is exactly whats happening to me. I downloaded the game 2 weeks ago. My 360 had a hardware fail and i sent it in for repair. I recieved it back few days ago and got the same console back (i checked the serial number, it was the same). And now the game doesnt retain any of my saves. I thought my xbox was messed up until i checked this forum.

Guys make sure you read the original post asking if you had the data loss bug on your ORIGINAL DOWNLOAD CONSOLE only and provide the information Kelly requested in bullet points as well.

Console type? ie: Core, Elite, Arcade...

Game mode? Normal/Insane

Activity at time of data loss? Beat the game, Crashed at Catfish boss (graphic bug)...

Quit or Loaded the game in a strange way? Game hang restarted, graphic bug restart... etc.

If you provide the info as requested info the Behemoth team can gather information on the focused area and fix the game more rapidly with our help! No disrespect to those who already posted with other problems but specific questions need specific answers to speed up the process. Hope the title update comes soon!

this happened to me I was playing cc on my xbox with my friend on the same xbox then my other friend came over and we wanted to add him into our co-op and when we signed him in it changed the main gamertag so we switched it back and when we finally got it right I entered the game to have all my weapons and pets gone! any idea how to fix this cause It took me a long time to get all of it

Guest chaosmage251

Hello fellow Castle Crashers, I have some info on this bug.

First off, I purchased CC a couple nights ago and its a HUGE hit in the dorm floor. Big grats to Behemoth for this awesome game.

Disappointingly, the save glitch has affected us multiple times.

Console type? It is a Premium, with 20gig HDD

Game mode? Normal

Activity at time of data loss? Changing profiles/starting game

Quit or Loaded the game in a strange way? Not sure how to answer this one.

Anyways, it mostly seems to happen when we switch profiles around or when we first turn on the game. So far, one of us lost everything once (characters, weapons,gold, and animals) and a couple other times so far, some of the other profiles have lost weapons/gold/animals, but still kept their characters.

We have not switched HDDs/Xbox at all. The only difference between all the profiles is mine has an xbox live attached to it (we haven't played online at all though, strictly local play) and sometimes I'm not even signed into online at all (the internet at the college sucks sometimes)

Hopefully this info will help somewhat, if you have any questions Kelly I can try to answer them :)

Again, grats for the awesome game Behemoth, and hopefully you can get the update out soon! :)

Looks like OneDeadlyBum saved me quoting my original post :V

In addition to that, I've never transferred my profile, game, gamertag, save data, or anything like that. I've played Castle Crashers offline and online on the same Xbox 20GB Premium, and hasn't been sent away for repairs or anything. I've also never played a local game with multiple players or gamertags either, only online with others or local singleplayer.