Sign in to follow this  
Powered by Chicken

SAVE GLITCH without changing consoles (Help us help you!)

I've never moved, recovered, or done any of that. I am playing on the console I downloaded it on originally. Both time it got rid of my data, I was playing co op with a friend before it happened (he lives in Michigan and I live in California.) his data has never been deleted, but mine has 2 times. No characters or levels were deleted. Just orbs weapons money and items.

>:3

I've never moved, recovered, or done any of that. I am playing on the console I downloaded it on originally. Both time it got rid of my data, I was playing co op with a friend before it happened (he lives in Michigan and I live in California.) his data has never been deleted, but mine has 2 times. No characters or levels were deleted. Just orbs weapons money and items.

>:3

Same. :cry:

Console type? Core

Game mode? Normal

Activity at time of data loss? Switched from online to local story mode

Quit or Loaded the game in a strange way? It loaded alot slower than usual

I joined an online game and froze, so I restarted my xbox and decided just to play local. I got on my character and all my stuff was gone except for the weapon I was holding and my pet. My stats/level were still there.

i just lost my save by playing on my firends xbox, you guys should really post these on the front page or send out an email. I mean, how did recovering my GT erase me castle crashers file and replace it with the game i was playing on my friends?

ok. my current save of CC is in my 360 Elite and i was switch the HDD to another 360 to play other games. after finish played i forgot my HDD was on 2nd 360, so i just fired up CC then i start select Hero screen and i relise it was all lvl1 (this normal to me) then suddenly my controller runs out battery and it paused the game at Hero selecting screen. so i reload my battery and then select exit game and now holy (beep) my save file was overwrite by the time i choose exit game at the pause menu. :evil::cry::cry::cry::cry:

I originally downloaded the game onto my brother's xbox 360 because mine was broken.

I knew once I got my xbox back, I would have to start over, but I was up for the challenge, so I started playing. I got like level 8, Pipistrello's Cave, and than exited Castle Crashers, and turned off my 360. When I turned it back on, it didn't save my level or anything.

I had to restart again. So now, my game isn't saving anything at all. Help me please :(

I think I have a pretty unique case.

Details follow:

I got Castle Crashers October 4,2008. I really enjoyed playing the game. Beat it on Red Knight. I then Started to use Skeleton Unlocked character {The one rewarded once you beat the game with red knight} I played with my friend, we were having a great time, we got to tall grass field, from the beginning, our goal was to get to Pippistrello's cave {The Big Bat Dude}, and once we got to tall grass field, the game ended, it said it was canceled, but neither of us had left, we then made another game, and we started it, everything seemed normal, but when we scrolled up to tall grass field, we noticed everything was unlocked, the wedding place, lava world, etc.{by the way, neither of us had gotten up to Pipistrellos cave yet} I thought it was strange, but my friend didnt notice. so we just did Pipistrellos cave for a little cash, then we just stopped playing, and then i took a break. So i just shut off the Xbox [360] , then i returned [about an hour later]. And upon my return, after logging in and such and going to my castle crashers game i talked to one of my friends, he had a weapon i needed, {the kings scepter} after he gave it to me we did a little campaign, the last level to be exact, after killing the wizard he logged off, and i kept on playing, for 1-2 hours, when i was finished playing, and i went to the weapons frog to save, and then back to the map, i proceeded to end the game, i ended it, and i got a loading screen {castle crashers loading screen} and then it just froze. IT STOPPED. NO MORE MOTION. Then i manually turned off the xbox, and the turned it back on. I then started up castle crashers and proceeded to play on my skeleton, i was on tall grass field, so i beat it, then moved on to the chapel, then i had the wild idea to leave then come back. so i did just that, so when i started my save game up again, it was back at the tall grass fields, so i tried beating the chapel again, saving, exiting game, then going back, but nothing, i tried this about 5 times. The strange thing is, i kept the items and levels i gained. no matter how far i get, it saves, i leave, i come back, and im back at tall grass fields. I dont know if this problem has been encountered before, but i would really appreciate if someone could help me out with my situation, oh and one more thing, if i use another character, that i have at level 1, after i get past the first level, i leave [after it saves] but i dont get a chance to leave, the game freezes up, and i have to manually shut off my xbox. So if anyone can help me with this problem, i would really appreciate it. please and thank you! and i really enjoy castle crashers, and i dont care if this isn't fix, ill probably still continue playing, yes, i do enjoy this game THAT much!HEEHEEHOOHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-=DemurerAce=-

Gamertag:DemurerAce

{Xbox 360 Elite 120gb (i think) no memory card things}

The Wizard DIes at the end

Just posting to say I've just got this "glitch" and i'm pretty pissed (so apologies in advance for angry tones).

I have never moved profile/console or logged out etc while playing CC. I have 3 primary characters, 1 lvl 95 blue knight, a lvl 36 industrialist and I forgot what my red knight is.

All had the:

-horn

-boomerang

-arrows

-about 2k gold

-all animals

-all but 3-4 weapons (I had the kings rod took alot to get, was only missing rubber hand sword, wrench, rat stick, fishing rod)

-all stocked with 5 potions, 9 sandwiches, 9 bombs etc

I was levelling the industrialist I was just killing the corn boss and I got an invite from a friend so i waited until I was back on the map and the game had saved, exited out to main menu and accepted the invite. At first I couldnt join I got the message No game was found. I got another invite from the same friend and I joined fine but it fell apart on character select. I got another invite from him and tried to join and it worked this time.

He went the weapons frog and went to swap weapon, I noticed 1/3rd of the weapons missing, thought it was odd but didn't pay too much attention. We exited and went to a level (flooded temple) I tried swapping to horn only to notice its gone so has my bow and boomerang (i still have 5 heals at this point) mid way through the level I notice my gold is gone too. I tell him to hold on something isn't right.

I try logging out of my profile and logging back in and going into a local game. I use my industrial guy and check the frog. 0 weapons but the ones character start with, I thought f**k. I check my animals, all gone, I check all my items, all gone. I log out and log back in and try my blue knight (95 completed the game) It has bow and arrow ready to use... or so I thought... I couldn't fire it... I scroll through and poof its gone, all of it gone, same for the frog/gold/animals etc.

I've tried the solutions here and the xbox.com forums (where i got the log out and in) idea and it none of it works. I'm freaking pissed.

Before I was playing this game few hours earlier everything was fine and I was playing insane mode with a friend (we've been working our way through it, we're both at the same point etc) and he got fed up of the cheapness of some enemies (desert with those cockroaches and chain mail guys hitting him while he was down etc with no escape) he quit out for a while and I loaded local up to level my industrialist a bit, made sure everything exited fine and all was okay (which it was at that point.)

I'm not playing CC again i'm just too annoyed, I thought the people saying there was issues with the game were exaggerating and I was looking forward to the DLC. Not any more.

I hate it when hard work is wiped out so easily and theres nothing that can be done, sorry folks.

Edit: I was using a 20gb HD. No memory cards (i dont own any)

I just bought CC for the xbox 360 yesterday, and this afternoon when I got home from school I went straight to play. Everything was fine. I played with a friend for a while and he told me about the Bat glitch. I did it and I didn't know it was bad until now. After a while I turned the xbox off and took a break. When I came back and entered the game ALL of my data was gone. I did this 3 or 4 times; I leveled up my guy to a level 2 and restarted the game. After all of this none of the data was still on. IT WONT SAVE AT ALL. Please!!!! How do I get this to work!! CC is a great game...but I cant play! Also I did not switch profiles or anything....but I did try do join some of my friends matches from the pause menue and character select menue if that helps. I also played on insane mode for like 5 minutes then my brother quit. I did switch xboxs though. I sent my xbox 360 in for repair. I had a loaner from Rent-a-Center...that xbox was the one I downloaded CC on. Now I have my original. I thought my xbox was bad...again!! But I read the forum and found out that it wasnt. I Deleted the CC already on my xbox and downloaded it again on my original. Still didn't work though....please help!!!

Well I my 360 got the red ring so i sent it to microsoft for repair but i kept the hard drive, it seems my 360 got replaced, so i said "oh well" so i tryed to go play CC, and everythings ALL GONE! i heard ppl say this is a minor glich and i just needed to sign out and sign back in, but before i knew that i just started a new game so i guess it overwrited my temporary lost file :(, When i did start a new game i went online and played with a friend as the red knight i only got like 1/6 exp in lvl 1 and i had to go.

EDIT: oops i didn't notice the part about "without changing consoles" srry :(

My son and daughter have both experienced the data loss with weapons, orbs. the game was bought on my account. My daughter has a gold account, but hasn't played on Live. Son doesnot have Live. We have multiple gold accounts on this machine with nieghbors and such. I have not experienced this yet, fingers crossed

Now here is the wierdest bug yet. my sons lvl 38 red knight traded places with my daughters lvl 7 red knight. the only difference is that now the 38 knight is not tagged as finishing the game.

Thanks for the tip...it works when I do that. But everytime I log on the first time I have to log out and log back in, but at least I can play this awsome game! Too bad I erased all my data out of anger or I would still have my guys. Why is it doing this????

try signing out of your profile at the main menu and then back in again. that helps for a lot of people. I'm sorry this happened!

Hello.

I have experienced the save glitch, ONLY on my console.

Hardware specs:

xbox arcade console

20 GB hard drive

Incident:

I was in a 2-player co-op game in normal mode online via xbox live with someone located in the UK (not sure if location matters). We played for a couple minutes, then our game disconnected. After that, I decided to play a local game and got re-invited by the same person to play 2-player co-op again after about a minute.

When we started again, we went into the animal orb house and I could not change my animal orb. I thought that was strange, so I quit the 2-player co-op game and went back into a local game...only to find out that ALL my animal orbs, weapons, items AND gold was GONE. The only things I had were my characters still at their current levels and whatever weapons and/or animal orbs they had equipped.

I was really mad :x , but it got to a point where I just said f@!% it and started all over from the beginning, eventually getting all of the animal orbs, weapons, items and gold again.

Possible solution (until title update?):

Since I started over, I STOPPED ALL xbox live play and only limited myself to local play because I assumed that the glitch happened from playing online and I would EXPLODE if the save glitch happened to me again after all that hard work. At this point...I have not experienced the save glitch, but my major sacrifice is NOT being able to play online via xbox live. It's a risk that I'm not willing to take and suffering another save glitch will make me murderous irl :evil:

I'm kidding, but I think you get the idea of how serious the glitch is to me and other players who have experienced a similar incident.

I hope this helps shed some light on the problem at hand, maybe saving others from getting the save glitch. I'm going to be patient, looking forward to the title update to release (hopefully soon?) before attempting to play online via xbox live again.

I reported this problem in the original "YOU ARE JUSTICE" thread.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=647&p=12712#p12712

Very quickly after receiving the Animal Handler achievement, I switch characters to play with 2 others.

Played a brief 3 player game, my profile was the only online profile. I am on controller 1 (wired).

Player 2 and 3 want to quit, I exit to the Title Screen.

I sign out of all profiles, and re-sign into my profile on controller 3 (wireless).

I enter the game, selecting a new character (Level 1 Green Knight).

Evidence of data loss becomes self evident, as gold counts are gone, missing boomerang / shovel, and all weapons are missing (the usual).

Have since been able to re-claim all orbs and most weapons. The only weapons I'm having a hard time replacing are ones that don't seem to drop off enemies, but are automatically unlocked after receiving a new character (EG, the Peasant Spoon). Otherwise, my gameplay has continued as normal and all of my characters / levels are as normal.

This has all taken place without ever changing consoles. I have still never switched consoles with this profile.

I just got hit by one form of the save glitch. I have never switched consoles nor have I switched profiles. I simply logged out like normal and the next time I went to play, I had no gold, no animal orbs, and no weapons. I did, however, keep my characters which seemed to be a jolly kick in the gut almost mocking me for my losses. It's cool though. I had fun finding the weapons the first time, and I'll enjoy getting them again! :)

I too had almost the same exact situation as FlatFrogger a few posts up, and sentr1c a few posts up.

I have a 20gig 260, I have always played offline and NEVER moved my xbox anywhere. I have never disconnected my HD and have two profiles, one is a guest profile and my account. I played one local game with the guest account and I checked afterwards and still had all my weapons, gold, and animals. A day ago, my nephew was supposed to come over, so I purchased a 256mb memory card for the xbox. I made a COPY of the castle crashers game to the card, in hopes to use it as a backup if ever my game went corrupt as I have heard a rash of complaints on the web. I played as usual that night, no problems. I always shut down properly through the menus, etc. The next day I go to play and load up one of my characters ( they are all there and they have all their attributes and correct levels ), but to my dismay, when I go into the weapons frog and animal barn, ALMOST everything is gone. I have the one animal I was equipt with since the last time I played and the one weapon I was equipt with when I last played. I had a total of 7 basic weapons left in the frog, and no other animals, under 100 gold when I left with 3000. I was last playing with the kings scepter someone dropped for me ( could that be the glitch? ) other than that, everything else I have obtained in the game was from single player off-line local play. I am as you have guessed now pretty pissed off as well. I am wondering why more testing hadn't been done before release. Besides always having problems with connecting to people to play online (works 1 out of every 50 times), the data loss is a REAL PAIN IN THE balloon. I love the game, but I had almost every weapon except for the rubber sword and spoon, and had every animal and was basically looking forward to unlocking all the other characters. Now I hesitate to even continue playing this game. I truly want to support indy-type games like yours and 2D-Boy with world of goo, etc, but this leaves me disenchanted. I wish something could be done to remedy the situation. I have of course attempted all "listed" fixes in the official xbox 360 forums, but nothing worked. I am writing now in hopes my information can help pinpoint the problem so future users don't feel just that... used.

I just got a refurbished 360 back from the repair shop. I was enjoying CC quite a bit and was working on getting the bears when my 360 Red Ringed.

Okay, so the license transfers caused me to lose all my data. Annoying, but I can live with that. So, I start trying to rebuild my CC data on my new box after redownloading, etc.

Lo and behold, I can no longer save my data. The moment I return to the dashboard, all data is cleared. Tried a few things, but nothing seems to be working.

There is no point in me playing CC now. None of my data will save. I can't even grab the 3 coins in the very first screen of the game. The game loses my progress the moment I log off.

I have a theory: is there some conflict between the trial game and the regular game? The trial game always wipes your data as soon as you're finished. Since the full game is just an unlocked trial game (try playing CC with no profile. You are offered the trial version), kinda makes me wonder if there is some possible way the trial game's ability to wipe data is finding its way into the full game. After all, when a license is transferred or you log out of you're profile, the game automatically offers you the trial game. If the trial game wipes your data, and is offered whenever you're not logged with a profile...

Well, I'll let the programmers figure that out, but that sounds like a connection worth investigation. Just make sure I can play CC will save my progress in the future.

interesting theory, since I just posted above you, I too downloaded the trial first and have never deleted the trial after I purchased the full version. Maybe the trial version is deleting full version data.

interesting theory, since I just posted above you, I too downloaded the trial first and have never deleted the trial after I purchased the full version. Maybe the trial version is deleting full version data.

Makes no sense dude the trial and full are the same thing but in the trial you can play all the way in the full it removes the restiction on the trial which makes it full.You cant have trial and full

yea I understand that, but is there a difference between those of us, who just bought the full game right away, and those of us who downloaded the trial and then unlocked the full game? That's what I think the original comment was asking. I am not a programmer, etc so I have no clue, just trying to help figure out why data is being lost with many if not most users.

Sign in to follow this