Did they just rip Meta Knight's model from Brawl? He looks exactly the same.

I was bit disappointed as well that he went under no changes but at least we know we're getting another god tier in the game.

I was bit disappointed as well that he went under no changes but at least we know we're getting another god tier in the game.

Oh please, we got a god tier the moment Peach was announced.

• Upvote 1

Actually neither or these statements are true.

First, I thought he didn't look much different from Brawl either, but then I did some side-by-side comparisons. Look at his in-game models

from Brawl

meta-knight.png

and from Smash 4

hU6ahgT.jpg

The biggest difference in his appearance is that he now has armor on his hands. It looks pretty cool. The next biggest difference is simply how pretty everything else looks. His mask now has a wonderful shine to it, and his shoulder pads have ornate little markings around the edges. I'd say he's gotten a bigger makeover than some characters, like Mario and Pikachu who pretty much never change. Another difference we've already seen in a few other characters is that characters seem to take physical damage as their damage percentage goes up. (For example, Little Mac gets bandages on his face and body when he racks up damage.) In this picture...

uC2cKhy.jpg

you can see the dents in his shoulder pads. He doesn't have these in his other pictures, so it seems that those appear when he takes a certain amount of damage.

Secondly, we've already seen proof that Meta Knight is getting nerfed. It said in the second picture that his glide mechanic, a very overpowered aspect to his recovery, is getting completely removed. Sakurai is making changes to every character to make sure everyone's balanced, and from what we've seen he's done a very good job so far (except maybe Bowser, but he's also spoken about making changes based on feedback about the demo). Anyways I don't expect Meta Knight to be god-tier this time around.

It's 4 AM over here and the Smash fanbase has just realized that the Bandai Namco building is closed for Obon (a Japanese holiday).

Damn it Sakurai. Damn it.

EDIT:

OH MY GOD IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED

META KNIGHT FREAKING CONFIRMED YES THANK YOU SAKURAI!!!

Td5JCie.jpg"Pic of the day. "Looks like there was an impostor in the earlier posts, so I introduced him to my sword!" ...I'll leave it up to your imagination if he really said that or not. The veteran hero, Meta Knight, returns to battle!! We didn't forget the Battleship Halberd either!!"

wf9211W.jpg"Meta Knight's Up Special Move, Shuttle Loop, changed quite a bit in this game. The glide is gone, and the attack slashes opponents twice while spinning in a large loop. This has turned into a highly technical and effective move."

The Smash Bros website has also been updated with pages of Game Modes, Basic Controls, and some Stages.

IT WAS WORTH THE WAIT

As long as he is nerfed compared to Brawl I'm fine with it

Actually neither or these statements are true.

First, I thought he didn't look much different from Brawl either, but then I did some side-by-side comparisons. Look at his in-game models

from Brawl

meta-knight.png

and from Smash 4

hU6ahgT.jpg

The biggest difference in his appearance is that he now has armor on his hands. It looks pretty cool. The next biggest difference is simply how pretty everything else looks. His mask now has a wonderful shine to it, and his shoulder pads have ornate little markings around the edges. I'd say he's gotten a bigger makeover than some characters, like Mario and Pikachu who pretty much never change. Another difference we've already seen in a few other characters is that characters seem to take physical damage as their damage percentage goes up. (For example, Little Mac gets bandages on his face and body when he racks up damage.) In this picture...

uC2cKhy.jpg

you can see the dents in his shoulder pads. He doesn't have these in his other pictures, so it seems that those appear when he takes a certain amount of damage.

Secondly, we've already seen proof that Meta Knight is getting nerfed. It said in the second picture that his glide mechanic, a very overpowered aspect to his recovery, is getting completely removed. Sakurai is making changes to every character to make sure everyone's balanced, and from what we've seen he's done a very good job so far (except maybe Bowser, but he's also spoken about making changes based on feedback about the demo). Anyways I don't expect Meta Knight to be god-tier this time around.

Except for his sword though he didn't change drastically. And I'm fine with it but still. Also I was joking about the god tier part I did read the quote.

Wow, up until 3:00am and decide to go to bed because 

1) Japanese Holiday

2) I had a bad night

But very cool that this actually came to fruition, can't wait to see whether or not MK is banned again at TORR-naments

Super-Smash-Bros-Limited-Edition-3DS.jpg

It seems Europe gets their own smash 3ds, it hasn't been announced anywhere else yet.

Is it just me or is Europe getting all sorts of special things, they got a limited edition Mario Kart 8, Hyrule Warriors, and now they are getting this 3DS XL.

I already own one but I'd buy a 2nd one just for that awesome design.

Super-Smash-Bros-Limited-Edition-3DS.jpg

It seems Europe gets their own smash 3ds, it hasn't been announced anywhere else yet.

Is it just me or is Europe getting all sorts of special things, they got a limited edition Mario Kart 8, Hyrule Warriors, and now they are getting this 3DS XL.

I already own one but I'd buy a 2nd one just for that awesome design.

Don't forget the nifty pre-order bonuses we've been getting lately, too.  :ugeek:

Pic of the day using google translate!

Bu-YnOFCUAAFPWm.jpg

Plant! Barrier and beat! [single Today] 
Customize deadly skill of Rockman, You hup. 
In addition, Toka's there is what looks like Bosuwaza some straddling the series.

lol wut

Whoa, Mega Man sure has some neat custom moves. This gets my hopes up for other neat references with other characters' custom moves.

In case you understood nothing Turret said here's the non google translate version.

Pic of the day. Here's Beat! And Plant Barrier!! These are some of Mega Man's custom special moves. You might also be able to use some signature boss-like moves from the Mega Man series, too.

• Upvote 1

f0rYOFB.jpg

Pic of the day. Here's the place you equip powers for Smash Run. Pack a good mix of them like a lunch box, and off you go! You can change how your powers are set up by touching their icons and dragging them.

If you hit the X Button, it will randomly fill up the remaining weight allowance with powers. You can keep changing the line-up as many times as you please. The level of a power is proportional to its strength, number of uses, and weight. Organizing them might be easier if you label your favorite powers with a ★.

f0rYOFB.jpg

Pic of the day. Here's the place you equip powers for Smash Run. Pack a good mix of them like a lunch box, and off you go! You can change how your powers are set up by touching their icons and dragging them.

If you hit the X Button, it will randomly fill up the remaining weight allowance with powers. You can keep changing the line-up as many times as you please. The level of a power is proportional to its strength, number of uses, and weight. Organizing them might be easier if you label your favorite powers with a ★.

All of those item descriptions sure will be fun to read in Japanese
  • Upvote 2

f0rYOFB.jpg

All of those item descriptions sure will be fun to read in Japanese

At least you're gonna get the Japan exclusive characters Purin, Robot and Koopa

Gamestop reminding you why they're the #1 Game Retail store.

1412kg4.png

I'm personally very excited to get my copy of Super Spash Bros.

Edited by Turkey
  • Upvote 4

1412kg4.png

Now all I need is a Wii U.

1412kg4.png

Now all I need is a Wii U.

Which comes with the bundle of course.

So you'll be all set.