pnavTGH.jpg

Pic of the day. Playing Classic mode with two players means you can battle the Master-type opponents together…but your opponents will also be powered up. The foe in this picture is Master Beast.

5cfidWX.jpg

The Wii U version-exclusive Master Fortress is only available in single-player mode. You'll need to attack its heartlike cores.

• Upvote 1

So Nintendo says the Shulk Amiibo will be Gamestop exclusive, and that others in the future will be exclusive to certain retailers as well. I find that slightly annoying but I guess it's to be expected.

So Nintendo says the Shulk Amiibo will be Gamestop exclusive, and that others in the future will be exclusive to certain retailers as well. I find that slightly annoying but I guess it's to be expected.

I don't know about you, but I'm really feeling it.

• Upvote 7

So I went against all logic and decided to go to a midnight release last night, despite not preordering the game. I had to walk for an hour through the frigid Philadelphia weather at night to a mall where there was supposed to be a Gamestop that was staying open for midnight. I got there and the entire mall was dark. Luckily, a guard saw me and explained to me that I had to walk to another Gamestop "10 or 15 minutes away". 30 minutes later, I finally arrive at an extremely ghetto neighborhood with a small Gamestop. I walk inside and talk to the cashier, who says they don't even have the Gamecube adapter bundle. They only have the game itself. After several moments of swearing under my breath, Morg on the Skype chat convinces me to just buy the game and be happy with it. So I go up to the cashier and tell him I'm just going to buy the game, and he has me pay for it. Then they have everyone go back outside and line up. It's still freezing cold. I have to stand outside for another hour until midnight, without a phone. (My phone died, so I couldn't chat with anyone on the skype group) During that hour, I overhear a lot of people who are hyped for the new Pokemon games, not Smash Bros. Eventually, I showed one guy that I already had Alpha Sapphire downloaded on my 3DS (I have a Japanese import, so I was able to download it earlier that day), and that garnered a lot of attention, so eventually some people who were really excited to see the game were crowding around me to watch me play Alpha Sapphire. Finally midnight came around and I got my copy of Smash Bros (along with a sweet-as-heck Smash Bros champion belt, picture incoming). I say to myself "there's no way I'm spending another hour and a half walking back to my dorm through this ghetto neighborhood at night, and in this cold-a** weather" so I just get a cab ride home. When I finally got back, my roommate and I played Smash Bros for 2 hours and then I got some sleep because I still had classes today.

So that's the saga of my pilgrimage to ghetto Gamestop for Smash Bros.

By the way, if you want a Gamecube adapter (either in a bundle or by itself), you're gonna wanna buy that ASAP. They're already almost out of stock on amazon, and the Gamestop I went to said the only ones they were getting are already reserved. I dunno about the controllers, seems like there's a decent stock of those on amazon.

Edited by GoldenGhost
  • Upvote 2

Hurray for you guys (I'm super-jealous right now)! No seriously, have fun; I'm sure the game is fantastic.  :-D

Time to go hide in an internet-free hole for the next week to avoid spoilers!

So the good news is Amazon isn't totally sold out of the Gamecube adapters.

The bad news is they're now being sold for $120. Boy am I glad I grabbed mine for $40. If you were hoping to get one, I'd recommend waiting. Gamestops might be getting more soon, so stay alert and jump on any opportunity you catch. Worst comes to worst, wait until Christmas. Do not buy one for $120, they will get cheaper.

UPDATE: GameStop has them listed for $20 on their website, but they're unavailable atm. Wait until they come in stock. I paid twice as much for mine, but I'm not gonna cry over $20. I need that genuine GameCube controller Smash 4 experience, and I NEED IT NOW

Edited by GoldenGhost