Back to MewTwo for a moment.

The MewTwo used in the Smash Four trailer is technically FemTwo from the movie "Genesect and the Legend Awakened" as it is alluded to in the trailer with both a Genesect skin and Mewtwo Y as the final smash.

We already have Banjo, its Duck Hunt.

I love the Banjo game where he kicks around cans and sends out Wild Gunmen to shoot at people.

We need more Inkling votes, I don't want people to avoid voting for her just because they think she's a shoo-in. (Even though she kinda is a shoo-in regardless.) Indie fans will be glad to hear that Shovel Knight is apparently killing it, and fans of King K Rool are acting like he actually has a chance for some reason. There was a poll on Reddit about who people voted for, which I understand is a completely inaccurate way to judge the entirety of the votes but I'm still throwing it out there. Bayonetta needs more votes too, and of course my boy Captain Rainbow will take all of the love he can get.

There's no reason he doesn't have a chance in a popularity poll. He tops charts in both the West and East for requested characters.

There's no reason he doesn't have a chance in a popularity poll. He tops charts in both the West and East for requested characters.

Perhaps so, but do you really think that popularity alone is enough for a character to make it into Smash? It's true that the purpose of the Ballot is to help Nintendo judge which characters people want in Smash Bros, but just because Nintendo is accepting our input, that doesn't mean they're going to just blindly follow our orders and automatically add the top 3 or 4. Sakurai has made it clear many times that he considers a lot of factors before adding any character to the Smash Bros roster, and if King K Rool was as good a fit for the roster as people make him sound, then he probably should've been added by now, don't you think?

Consider this: King K Rool wasn't incorporated into Brawl, and ever since Brawl, he hasn't appeared in a single game (except for Mario Super Sluggers, which was released mere months after Brawl and didn't even attempt to feature him in any special way). It's clear that Nintendo no longer considers King K Rool a major character in the DK franchise. The chances of them suddenly deciding to make King K Rool relevant again are extremely low, considering they show no signs of bringing the Kremlings back anytime soon. This is the same reason the Ice Climbers were dropped. Additionally, King K Rool adds nothing new to the roster in terms of Nintendo representation; the DK franchise is already well-represented on the roster. To give a counter-example, consider Isaac from Golden Sun. Isaac hasn't appeared in any games recently either, and was even cut from the list of ATs in Smash 4. However, he has a better chance of appearing on the roster because Golden Sun has NO representation on the Smash Bros roster and thus Isaac's presence would add something completely new to it. The same can be said for many other popular characters, so King K Rool really has little reason to stand out despite his surprising level of popularity. 

I'm not saying I wouldn't like to see him in there; he has potential to be a unique character, and Smash could always use another heavyweight, but King K Rool simply isn't considered relevant anymore. His chances would be a lot better if he was still a main villain in recent DK games, but this isn't the case. The last game he was in was a Mario spin-off title from last gen, and the last game he was an actual antagonist in was King of Swing in 2007 - 8 years ago. He also offers nothing new to the roster in terms of representation since the DK franchise is already represented with 2 characters. Remember they're going to be making amiibos of every DLC character, but what use would a King K Rool amiibo have in a franchise he hasn't appeared in for almost a decade? The truth is that the Kremlings are dead and so are King K Rool's chances of appearing as a playable character; anyone who believes otherwise doesn't understand the caliber required of a character to be in Super Smash Bros.

TL;DR - Despite his impressive popularity, King K Rool's chances of appearing on the Smash Bros roster are very little seeing as his relevance to the Donkey Kong series has diminished to the point where he's completely absent from modern DK games, not to mention he has nothing to offer to the roster in terms of representation.

• Upvote 2

So far my votes for the Smash ballot go to Cranky Kong, Shovel Knight, and an Inkling.

also pichu but thats just my little secret

• Upvote 1

Personally I don't agree with the Donkey Kong franchise being well represented in Smash. They have only 2 characters, not very many stages, and very few items. Honestly, this is the only board I've come across that generally believes the big King K himself doesn't have a chance. This character has been topping character polls since Brawl, and he's still going strong despite not appearing in any games, and I can't see Sakurai just ignoring this completey as he has added Kremlings into Smash Run despite them not having appeared in any games recently either. He stands out as a heavy weight character and a villian, which we are in need of.

Anyways I believe that the Ice Climbers were dropped because they couldn't get them to work on the 3ds version, not just because they aren't relevant anymore. R.O.B. and G&W surely aren't relevant but they continue strong, and Lucario isn't even a next generation Pokemon anymore but he's still in the game. Surely popularity isn't everything but it counts for something, and King K Rool got a lot of that something going for him.

I didn't even vote for King K Rool but to count him out because of reasons such as not appearing and amiibos (can't wait to use my G&W or Captain Falcon amiibo on all those games) just seems silly to me. Personally, I still see him as the biggest contender to top the ballot.

• Upvote 1

I gave my smash ballot vote to Rayman personally. That leak troll made me feel like he SHOULD be in. Besides, a limbless character could be very creative  ;) My brother voted for Shovel Knight. And a heck ton of people from another forum site I go on voted for K. Rool. I considered voting Snake since I want him back in, but I decided i'd rather see a newcomer.

I think it's funny watching different companies interact with people on Twitter who are voting for their character into Smash. So far we have:

-Kojima retweeting "Snake 4 smash" tweets

-Yacht Club encouraging people to vote for Shovel Knight

-WayForward approving of Shantae for Smash

-Microsoft giving the thumbs-up to people who are voting for Banjo-Kazooie

I wonder if any of them really have a chance... I'd say Snake has the best chance since he was in Brawl, but then again Kojima and Konami aren't on good terms and I dunno that Kojima can represent MGS anymore. Shantae is a bit of a stretch, and Banjo-Kazooie would be amazing but he's somewhat unlikely. I actually wanna say Shovel Knight has a somewhat decent chance, simply because he has a HUMONGOUS amount of votes and he does represent arguably the most successful indie title on the eShop. We'll have to see what Sakurai is willing to allow.

No 3rd party has a chance with this poll, if we get another 3rd party it will be completely irrelevant to the poll's results

This character has been topping character polls since Brawl, and he's still going strong despite not appearing in any games, and I can't see Sakurai just ignoring this completey

Ridley.jpg

he has added Kremlings into Smash Run despite them not having appeared in any games recently either.

Kremlings were in Melee though so they have a precedence in the Smash series as stage hazards, also Smash Run means nothing, we got a car from the Mother series in there.

• Upvote 1

I think it's funny watching different companies interact with people on Twitter who are voting for their character into Smash. So far we have:

-Kojima retweeting "Snake 4 smash" tweets

-Yacht Club encouraging people to vote for Shovel Knight

-WayForward approving of Shantae for Smash

-Microsoft giving the thumbs-up to people who are voting for Banjo-Kazooie

I wonder if any of them really have a chance... I'd say Snake has the best chance since he was in Brawl, but then again Kojima and Konami aren't on good terms and I dunno that Kojima can represent MGS anymore. Shantae is a bit of a stretch, and Banjo-Kazooie would be amazing but he's somewhat unlikely. I actually wanna say Shovel Knight has a somewhat decent chance, simply because he has a HUMONGOUS amount of votes and he does represent arguably the most successful indie title on the eShop. We'll have to see what Sakurai is willing to allow.

Don't forget Nicalis Inc.(The people who ported Cave Story to Wii, Ds, and 3Ds) is supporting Quote to be in smash

Since Sakurai is hellbent on not giving Ridley a chance, why don't they introduce a new Metroid character? Maybe a rival bounty hunter? I mean, the whole series is just Samus and boss fights, so why not? I'm also sad, but not surprised, to see a lack of Isaac support.

Even though I voted for Roy, I would be content saying Shovel Knight is most likely going to be the next character. Ross from Game Grumps / Steam Train tweeted out to vote for Shovel Knight, and combining that with Yacht Club's plea to get him in as well, not to mention Omni's Shovel Knight illustrations, it's pretty much happening. Although I'm having a little trouble figuring out what his moveset will be, I'll definitely give Shovel Knight a shot if he makes it in.

Even though I voted for Roy, I would be content saying Shovel Knight is most likely going to be the next character. Ross from Game Grumps / Steam Train tweeted out to vote for Shovel Knight, and combining that with Yacht Club's plea to get him in as well, not to mention Omni's Shovel Knight illustrations, it's pretty much happening. Although I'm having a little trouble figuring out what his moveset will be, I'll definitely give Shovel Knight a shot if he makes it in.

I made a whole moveset for him before smash's release, but its lost in the pages of this thread.

I mean, the whole series is just Samus and boss fights, so why not? I'm also sad, but not surprised, to see a lack of Isaac support.

I guess you've never actually played through the Metroid games, then?

Other M and the Prime games a have a plethora of characters that could be used.

Honestly though, Dark Samus would be the best choice, just probably won't happen because Japan hardly acknowledges the Prime games

Since Sakurai is hellbent on not giving Ridley a chance, why don't they introduce a new Metroid character? Maybe a rival bounty hunter? I mean, the whole series is just Samus and boss fights, so why not? I'm also sad, but not surprised, to see a lack of Isaac support.

ku-xlarge.png

• Upvote 3

I'd quote Mr. Hatty but the quoting system probobly wont agree with me.

Anyways Sakurai has some deep hatred for Ridley, can't be having gigantic space dragons in our games now, 2 big. My Kremling point was directed at GoldenGhost for saying that the ol Kremling King is irrelevent because he hasn't appeared in any games, but neither have the Kremlings and they appeared in Smash Run. Its not a giant step considering all the franchises and characters that have showed up in Smash Run, but I do think that it gives King K Rool another step on his path to DLC.

I mean, the whole series is just Samus and boss fights, so why not? I'm also sad, but not surprised, to see a lack of Isaac support.

I guess you've never actually played through the Metroid games, then?

Other M and the Prime games a have a plethora of characters that could be used.

Honestly though, Dark Samus would be the best choice, just probably won't happen because Japan hardly acknowledges the Prime games

Metroid, Super Metroid, Zero Mission, and Fusion. But, I'm talking more of a recurring character that actually matters instead of a third Samus.

>Metroid character that actually matters
>Can't be a Samus character / Ridley

Mother Brain from the Captain N cartoon or riot

>Metroid character that actually matters

>Can't be a Samus character / Ridley

Mother Brain from the Captain N cartoon or riot

I'm disgusted at the use of >

But anyways Rundas is best Metroid