Everybody, I have a serious question. A lot of people are aware of it but nobody has answered this yet:

If there are 7 billion people in the world, and over, what, about 5 million copies of Smash Bros Wii U (I actually have no idea how many copies) have been sold... Then explain how 1/10 of all players on For Glory are the spawn of Satin?

Simple; it applies to the human race in general. Think of it as video game speed dating; you get to meet a lot of people in a short amount of time, some of whom are really annoying and terrible. ;-)

Everybody, I have a serious question. A lot of people are aware of it but nobody has answered this yet:

If there are 7 billion people in the world, and over, what, about 5 million copies of Smash Bros Wii U (I actually have no idea how many copies) have been sold... Then explain how 1/10 of all players on For Glory are the spawn of Satin?

Simple, really.

quote-i-ll-do-whatever-it-takes-to-win-t

Lucas is $3.99 per version or $4.99 for both

Inkling costumes are $0.75 per version each, or $1.15 each for both versions (thanks for saving me 75 cents for preordering Splatoon, Gamestop)

Miiverse stage is FREE! (Wii U only)

Here's Sakurai's Miiverse post regarding the new content:

"Hey, Sakurai here. Long time no see.

I'm happy to announce that Lucas will be available beginning 08:00 AM on June 14 (PT), 17:00 (CEST) on June 14th, and 01:00 AM on June 15 (AEST).
The Splatoon Mii Fighter gear and the Miiverse stage for the Wii U version are included in this update as well. It'll be here soon!
Lucas is already finished, and I've been playing with him daily. It's really satisfying when his up smash and Meteor Smash attacks connect."

Rev up those hype engines, folks

Lucas is $3.99 per version or $4.99 for both

Inkling costumes are $0.75 per version each, or $1.15 each for both versions (thanks for saving me 75 cents for preordering Splatoon, Gamestop)

Miiverse stage is FREE! (Wii U only)

Here's Sakurai's Miiverse post regarding the new content:

"Hey, Sakurai here. Long time no see.

I'm happy to announce that Lucas will be available beginning 08:00 AM on June 14 (PT), 17:00 (CEST) on June 14th, and 01:00 AM on June 15 (AEST).
The Splatoon Mii Fighter gear and the Miiverse stage for the Wii U version are included in this update as well. It'll be here soon!
Lucas is already finished, and I've been playing with him daily. It's really satisfying when his up smash and Meteor Smash attacks connect."

Rev up those hype engines, folks

Real talk, Lucas' Up Smash destroys lives

Sakurai is hosting a Smash Bros. centric video presentation on June 14th before their official Digital Event.

Get hype

• Upvote 3

lol

Is it bad that I like the english version of almost all the Rhythm Heaven Fever songs better?

Edited by Isaac

Chrom? No, we can't do that. Too close to Marth. Have Lucina, AKA Marth. Also, have Roy, AKA Marth...

Please no more clone Roy... Please, pleasepleeeaaase don't be a clone.

Also, still no Isaac, gonna go chug come cyanide brb.

EDIT: I blame Morg for everything. Titanic, 9/11, Roy in Smash 4. All of it is his fault.

Edited by Revon
  • Upvote 5

Chrom? No, we can't do that. Too close to Marth. Have Lucina, AKA Marth. Also, have Roy, AKA Marth...

Please no more clone Roy... Please, please, pleeeaaase don't be a clone.

The way I see it, Sakurai will probably be adding a FE rep from If when that comes out. Sakurai loves FE and I don't think he'll be able to resist adding Kamui (avatar character) or Aqua to Smash. Both would be great options as Kamui wields a dark sword and can transform into a dragon for his/her final smash, while Aqua is a Songstress and wields a spear. Both would definitely be unique additions to the roster. I'm crossing my fingers that those Roy files are either just a placeholder for the FE If character or they were files left over from an idea that was trashed, because if we are getting Roy then we could potentially have 6 FE reps and that's simply an unfair amount.

We are definitely getting Ryu though and it is going to be amazing

EDIT: I feel like an idiot for assuming those videos were something different and not watching them before I responded. Goddamn it Sakurai I trusted you

Trophies that were found in the update:

Roy's Final Smash (OH BOY IT'S CRITICAL HIT AGAIN)

23brrqn.png

Ryu's Final Smash (Shin Shoryuken?)

f0KTXax.png

New stage for Ryu, looks pretty great actually

6l14QFw.png

Ken trophy! I actually kinda like that they added this, looks pretty great

Qpc8376.png

IT JUST KEEPS TUMBLING DOWN, TUMBLING DOWN, TUMBLING DOOOOOOWN

PKewSUA.png

Well... Ryu is acceptable. At least he's new and not a clone.

Roy on the other hand, is not.

People complained about Lucina... This is another Lucina. "Oh but his sword is stronger at the hilt and his shield breaker is probably the one from Melee." Shut up. Ugh... Roy... Gross.

People complained about Lucina... This is another Lucina. "Oh but his sword is stronger at the hilt and his shield breaker is probably the one from Melee." Shut up. Ugh... Roy... Gross.

How about you take a closer look at the nine seconds of glorious footage.

Roy retains his neutral b, as noted by the swing going in an arc, rather than a stab, and using both hands to hold the sword.

If anything, Marth has changed and Roy retains the Melee spirit of said character.

I don't know why you're so sour about it. More Melee reps.

The thing is that Lucina wasn't meant to be her own character, but the programmers couldn't program the Lucina alts of Marth to have different stats. Boom Lucina was her own character. The same case is for Dark Pit/Pit, and Dr. Mario/Mario.  I don't get why people complain about Roy being in smash 4 when if anything, Dark Pit is the biggest dang clone in the game, it's literally just a color swap.

Edit:

[6/13/15, 11:50:20 AM] Inaccurate Gameplay: “we’re getting characters I don’t like in DLC augh anyone who likes Roy and tries to defend him is stupid”

[6/13/15, 11:50:39 AM] Inaccurate Gameplay: hey guess what
[6/13/15, 11:50:47 AM] Inaccurate Gameplay: you don’t have to buy the character
That's another reason why I feel like people should stop complaining about Roy being in smash 4
Edited by I can't play Mother 3

How about you take a closer look at the nine seconds of glorious footage.

Roy retains his neutral b, as noted by the swing going in an arc, rather than a stab, and using both hands to hold the sword.

If anything, Marth has changed and Roy retains the Melee spirit of said character.

I don't know why you're so sour about it. More Melee reps.

I think you might have misunderstood. I know his shield breaker is a swing, that is what I said.

And having another Melee rep isn't all that great, you could either have a Melee character or a brand new character. I would choose a brand new character. I'm not just talking about Roy here. Ice Climbers were my favourite Melee characters and I would still rather have any new character (that's not a clone) over them.

I know I don't have to buy him but I can still be disappointed.

Edited by daikonboy101

You'd think Sakurai would learn from the last data mining thing to keep the files more secure.

Anyway, yeah, Roy's back, thanks people who couldn't let melee go, Fire Emblem REALLY needed 6 reps, the same amount as Zelda, and double the clones!

You'd think Sakurai would learn from the last data mining thing to keep the files more secure.

Anyway, yeah, Roy's back, thanks people who couldn't let melee go, Fire Emblem REALLY needed 6 reps, the same amount as Zelda, and double the clones!

Hey, hold on there.

FE only has 5 reps. Marth, Ike, Robin, Lucina and now Roy. And we shouldn't forget, Mario (technically) has 2 clones in Smash 4, being Dr. Mario and Luigi. Mario has more reps than any other series in Smash, so if you want to complain about numbers go complain about Mario characters.

Also, Kamui's game isn't even out yet. He would play too closely to Robin. Sorry.

Also, Kamui's game isn't even out yet. He would play too closely to Robin. Sorry.

ggWnyVz.png

You're just the bane of my existence right now man. 1v1 me @ pax irl.

• Upvote 3

Hey, hold on there.

FE only has 5 reps. Marth, Ike, Robin, Lucina and now Roy. And we shouldn't forget, Mario (technically) has 2 clones in Smash 4, being Dr. Mario and Luigi. Mario has more reps than any other series in Smash, so if you want to complain about numbers go complain about Mario characters.

I really can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, because I think you are not stupid... But I'm not sure.

Mario and Luigi share fireballs, a kind of similiar up b and an up air, that's it. That's not a clone.

And really, Mario games have that many reps because it's the most popular series. I can almost guarantee you that more people know what a Koopa is, or know who Bowser Jr. is than know who Roy is.