I have to say Zororak looks like poop. I mean you get Fox, Falco, then Wolf, and probably Krystal -shudder- and we can't keep Mewtwo? I could care less about Lucario until he's replaced by that. ):

Do it all, Nintendo. And I'll be one happy kat.

Zororak is pretty much the Lucario of 5th gen. That's where my prediction comes from.

I don't particularly like Krystal either, but she's got a fair chance at getting into the next Smash Bros, considering she's pretty much the only Star Fox character who wouldn't have the same move set as Fox, Wolf, and Falco.

So Sushi, what do you think the chances of Bowser Jr. being in the next Super Smash Bros. be? I know his chances were really low for brawl but Nintendo seems to be giving Bowser Jr. a push in there more recent games.

I actually predicted him for Brawl. The mistake I'd made there was that Bowser Jr. had only been in one major game (Super Mario Sunshine). Now that he's appeared in Galaxy 1 and 2, it's safe to assume that he's going to be a major character in the Mario series, so I'd say his chances for the next Smash Bros are rather high.

I actually predicted him for Brawl. The mistake I'd made there was that Bowser Jr. had only been in one major game (Super Mario Sunshine). Now that he's appeared in Galaxy 1 and 2,and NSMB/W it's safe to assume that he's going to be a major character in the Mario series, so I'd say his chances for the next Smash Bros are rather high.

Fixed

Bowser Jr. is one of the people I'm hoping make it in next time around. I also think that Birdo could be in as a Yoshi character (despite only being in Mario games) with a moveset like this:

Birdo (Predicted by Mr. Hatty)

Series: Yoshi

Moveset:

Normal Special- Egg Shoot

Up Special- Flutter Jump

Side Special- Claw Swipe

Down Special- Egg Barrage

Final Smash- RoBirdo

Changes From Brawl:

N/A

Extra Info:

Egg Barrage shoots three eggs and must be used on ground, Egg shoot shoots one egg and must be charged

How To Unlock:Available from start

I really hope that final smashes are removed, but they probably won't be.

Why? There's a really easy way to remove them from gameplay if you don't like them called the item switch.

I really hope that final smashes are removed, but they probably won't be.

All items are n00b friendly. i just turn them all off

All items are n00b friendly.

Pretty much, at least for the case of Brawl. I hardly ever use items, other than for throwing.

I did like the balance of items in the first Super Smash Bros., sans the fire flower. I hate the fire flower more than anything ever. My sister would always somehow manage to corner me and burn me to the point of inevitable doom.

All items are n00b friendly.

Pretty much, at least for the case of Brawl. I hardly ever use items, other than for throwing.

I did like the balance of items in the first Super Smash Bros., sans the fire flower. I hate the fire flower more than anything ever. My sister would always somehow manage to corner me and burn me to the point of inevitable doom.

There is an item that is so cheap i just go for it and throw it into a pit every single time.

(dunno the name, some metallic thing)

(Found an image)

item15_080305_25-l.jpg

I hate that thing

(dunno the name, some metallic thing)

(Found an image)

item15_080305_25-l.jpg

I hate that thing

it's called a fan...

Items wont be taken out of a PARTY game like Smash Bros.

it's called a fan...

Items wont be taken out of a PARTY game like Smash Bros.

Thanks!

Anyway i am not saying they should take them out or nerf them or anything, i just don't use them, so i could care less

I think items add to the unpredictability factor. I see no unnecessary changes item-wise besides the removal of pity smashes, those suck.

*The game WILL NOT support Gamecube controllers

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFail.

Whilst I like the idea of multiple control options, the Gamecube is by far the best. Taking that out of the new Smash Bros. would suck.

Also, I don't see them taking away that backwards compatibility, Nintendo has always provided backwards compatibility in one shape or another. I think that the Wii U will support Wii and GCN games, it just makes sense.

Character possibilities (Not predictions, chances are that most of the predictions on here won't come true):

Bowser Jr. / Shadow Mario. Bowser Jr. could transform into Shadow Mario the same way Zelda does into Shiek.

A different Pokemon Trainer that uses different starters that control VERY differently to the current Trainer's.

Zoroark. At the start of battle, it takes on the form of one of the other fighters (Selected at random), when it takes enough damage (Say 50% maybe), it'll show it's true form.

Geno. Since Square Enix have been including their characters into Mario games recently, Geno could be a possibility.

Knuckles. If Sonic does return, Knuckles should be the one to join him.

Metal Sonic. Same with Knuckles.

Why wasn't I the one to make this post? Hahaha I love Smash Bros.

I think speculation on Smash Bros. games always ends up disappointing for me, so I'll hold off. I do think that the portable version, even if it has way less stuff then the console version, will be the game that stays in my 3DS forever.

*The game WILL NOT support Gamecube controllers

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFail.

Whilst I like the idea of multiple control options, the Gamecube is by far the best. Taking that out of the new Smash Bros. would suck.

Also, I don't see them taking away that backwards compatibility, Nintendo has always provided backwards compatibility in one shape or another. I think that the Wii U will support Wii and GCN games, it just makes sense.

Backwards compatibility for the GCN has been proven false. The game is 100% Backwards compatible with Wii, but not Gamecube. If a 3rd party were to make a gamecube controller that uses a USB then it would work, for the GCN slot have been replaced with USB slots to recharge the Wii U's controller.

Wasn't the Wii the first Nintendo console that allowed backwards compatibility?

Also, the Gamecube is such an old system that supporting it wouldn't make much sense. If they added GCN backwards compatibility, it would mean that they'd either have to raise the price of the Wii U or cut corners to lower manufacturing expenses.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/07/20/nintendo-marketing-exec-says-gamecube-games-coming-to-wiiware/

There's still this, but it would mean rebuying your old games.

Wasn't the Wii the first Nintendo console that allowed backwards compatibility?

Also, the Gamecube is such an old system that supporting it wouldn't make much sense. If they added GCN backwards compatibility, it would mean that they'd either have to raise the price of the Wii U or cut corners to lower manufacturing expenses.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/07/20/nintendo-marketing-exec-says-gamecube-games-coming-to-wiiware/

There's still this, but it would mean rebuying your old games.

WHOA! I didn't know about this downloadable Gamecube game thing. Now I can have Smash Bros. 64 and Melee on my system ready to go whenever! The day Melee is available, I'll buy that stuff immediately. Then I'll put Brawl in the system and sit there knowing my Wii has the maximum amount of Smash Bros. possible.

I sure do hope that somebody from Punch Out will join the fray as a playable character. (Most likely Little Mac being the main character and all)

I sure do hope that somebody from Punch Out will join the fray as a playable character. (Most likely Little Mac being the main character and all)

i dont see much of a moveset for him. especially special attacks

i dont see much of a moveset for him. especially special attacks

I totally get what you're saying, but I said the exact same thing for Sonic before Brawl. If enough people want Little Mac in, the team can totally find a way.

I'd still totally like to see Megaman, however unlikely that may be.

I know it's not very likely at all, but I think Alien Hominid could totally work in a Super Smash Broth game. I mean, he was on two Nintendo consoles, he already fits in with the 2D fighting style, and just off the top of my head I could think of several moves for him. Really, I wish it could happen.

I totally get what you're saying, but I said the exact same thing for Sonic before Brawl. If enough people want Little Mac in, the team can totally find a way.

The thing is, they probably won't want to. I remember getting in a bit of a debate with somebody over whether or not a Wiggler partner in Paper Mario could happen. Ultimately, and this also applies to Little Mac in Smash Bros, Nintendo could get it in if they wanted to, but not without making it look extremely, extremely forced.

It's the same deal with Ridely in Smash Bros. Of course Nintendo could make him smaller in order to use him as a character, but why would they ever want to go that far? It's not worth changing the character around just so that they can force them as a character. That's exactly what happened with ROB, the only reason he's in the game is because Nintendo wanted to surprise everybody with a SUPER SECRET CHARACTER nobody would be able to predict. He shoots lasers and throws tops at people. You can tell Nintendo tried a bit too hard just so that they could include him as a character. Same kinda goes for Sonic, although I wouldn't say his moveset was all too forced.

I love Little Mac, and I love Punch-Out. At one point, Mac and I shared the same age, weight, height, hair color, and eyebrows, so he's practically a twin for me. I just don't think he belongs in Smash Bros.

If you want to get your predictions as close as possible, you have to stop thinking about what Nintendo could do and start thinking about what Nintendo would do.

I know it's not very likely at all, but I think Alien Hominid could totally work in a Super Smash Broth game. I mean, he was on two Nintendo consoles, he already fits in with the 2D fighting style, and just off the top of my head I could think of several moves for him. Really, I wish it could happen.

There are tons of 3rd party characters that would work for Smash Bros. Ganbare Goemon, Sackboy, Travis Touchdown, Quote (from Cave Story), Opoona. I've found that, in order for a 3rd Party Character to have a chance, it needs to follow at least some of this criteria:

• [*:ofnvlbar]From a famous game or series.
    [*:ofnvlbar]Tons of fans want the character in Smash Bros.
    [*:ofnvlbar]The creator of the character or game wants the character in Smash Bros.
    [*:ofnvlbar]The character would actually work in Smash Bros (in other words, no Bomberman, no Phoenix Wright, probably no Megaman).

You can tell Nintendo tried a bit too hard just so that they could include him as a character. Same kinda goes for Sonic, although I wouldn't say his moveset was all too forced.

If Sonic returns, hopefully they'll change his moveset. Super Smash Flash 2 noticed this and replaced the side spindash with light speed dash. It's much, much better. Having the same move for three of your five special attacks is really lame.

[*]The character would actually work in Smash Bros (in other words, no Bomberman, no Phoenix Wright, probably no Megaman).

Once again referring back to SSF2, Mega Man's moveset in that game is rather solid. I'm sure if a couple college students could work his moveset in their fangame, the smash team can work it in their games.

quote won't happen, the owner always denies the rights to use it, and he is just got guns, the moveset would be forced imho

Why does he deny rights like that? I know he denied the rights to him in Super Meat Boy, but I just don't see a valid reason.