If you want to get your predictions as close as possible, you have to stop thinking about what Nintendo could do and start thinking about what Nintendo would do.

I totally get what you're saying about Mac. I'm not really predicting anything though. I was just saying that, although he wouldn't totally fit in, I wouldn't completely rule him out as a possibility.

There are tons of 3rd party characters that would work for Smash Bros. Ganbare Goemon, Sackboy, Travis Touchdown, Quote (from Cave Story), Opoona. I've found that, in order for a 3rd Party Character to have a chance, it needs to follow at least some of this criteria:

From a famous game or series.

Tons of fans want the character in Smash Bros.

The creator of the character or game wants the character in Smash Bros.

The character would actually work in Smash Bros (in other words, no Bomberman, no Phoenix Wright, probably no Megaman).

I really didn't think Alien Hominid was a possibility. I know it will probably never happen. I was just saying it would be really cool if it were to happen. I know all the rules about third parties and how Sonic and Snake ended up in Brawl, it's just a fantasy of mine as a Behemoth and Super Smash Brothers fan.

quote won't happen, the owner always denies the rights to use it, and he is just got guns, the moveset would be forced imho

Why does he deny rights like that? I know he denied the rights to him in Super Meat Boy, but I just don't see a valid reason.

word in the street says he is a douche

Sackboy

:?:

Sony owns Sackboy, last time I checked, or are you just saying he could work.

Not Sony, Media Molecule. But they have a contract with Sony so I know what you mean.

Sackboy

:?:

Sony owns Sackboy, last time I checked, or are you just saying he could work.

I'm not saying it's even the least bit likely, only that the moveset would work.

Although, if Nintendo and Sony could stop hating on each other for five seconds, it would be a possibility.

Not that I see that happening at all.

I just can't stop thinking about how awesome a game that played like Smash Bros. would be if there were characters from Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony and Sega...

I just can't stop thinking about how awesome a game that played like Smash Bros. would be if there were characters from Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony and Sega...

If order for that to happen, all those guys would have to join forces! Just think of it, only one console in which all games are on it, no debating over which console is better, epic game crossovers, etc, it would be amazing!

However that'll probably never happpen, no matter how awesome it may be.

If order for that to happen, all those guys would have to join forces! Just think of it, only one console in which all games are on it, no debating over which console is better, epic game crossovers, etc, it would be amazing!

you can always make a pc indie game and illegally use said characters.

I think we need to consider the new 3rd party developers bringing work to the Wii U, the multiplatform games could potentially open the way for characters from universes like Bioshock, Arkham Asylum (never gonna hap, just an example), Darksiders, Ninja Gaiden and Metro 2033. How awesome would it be to play as Jack from Bioshock in Smash Bros.?

And that, my friend, is what is called a monopoly.

A monopoly in which everyone loses.

Some fan ideas are amazing. Most fan ideas are full of sheer stupidity. Nintendo did listen to the fans in Japan to put Sonic in, but some ideas... are just so farfetched that it would completely ruin the integrity of the game.

A monopoly in which everyone loses.

Some fan ideas are amazing. Most fan ideas are full of sheer stupidity. Nintendo did listen to the fans in Japan to put Sonic in, but some ideas... are just so farfetched that it would completely ruin the integrity of the game.

I wasn't referring to the board game, which would have worked regardless. Monopolies are illegal, which means they cannot have the universal game system.

Exactly.

you can always make a pc indie game and illegally use said characters.

Already has been done tons of times. ;) Well, no profit is being made from them and are just for fun, so it is all good.

So while we'll never have it as an actually retail game, here is some Samus vs. Master Chief in a fangame.

I only play melee because I can wave dash and play final destination with no items on, only noobs play with items.

I really think Super Smash Bros is supposed to be a chaotic game where the stage even tries to kill you. I would laugh my balloon off if they didn't have final destination in this game(even though they will most likely have it.)

I only play melee because I can wave dash and play final destination with no items on, only noobs play with items.

I really think Super Smash Bros is supposed to be a chaotic game where the stage even tries to kill you. I would laugh my balloon off if they didn't have final destination in this game(even though they will most likely have it.)

Sorry, I've been gone for awhile. Italicized means sarcasm, correct?

Also, I completely agree with that second part.

Sorry, I've been gone for awhile. Italicized means sarcasm, correct?

Also, I completely agree with that second part.

Correct.

Although I do like to have some fun with items/other stages, I do primarily like having Final Destination no items on.

:3

Speaking of which, now that Nintendo is supporting DLC, any chance for DLC characters? lol.

Speaking of which, now that Nintendo is supporting DLC, any chance for DLC characters? lol.

I'm really, really hoping for this.

This is immediately what I thought of, unfortunately, Iwata thinks that pursuing paid downloadable content opportunities could damage the company's relationship with consumers. Whether or not this affects Smash Bros* is beyond me.

*The reason I say this is I feel SSB is a special case. Mewtwo was going to be in 64 but was scrapped due to time constraints. Lucas and (to a lesser extent) Solid Snake were going to be in Melee but were scrapped due to time constraints. Tetra, Minum/Plusle, Mewtwo, Roy and Dixie Kong were left out of Brawl for various reasons. If the Wii supported DLC, I bet Nintendo wouldn't find it a problem to finish unfinished characters and release them if they can't fit into the game by the time it goes gold. But like I said, it's beyond me whether or not Nintendo would change it's viewpoint on this matter if it was just things that couldn't make it rather than after-thoughts.

This is immediately what I thought of, unfortunately, Iwata thinks that pursuing paid downloadable content opportunities could damage the company's relationship with consumers.

It doesn't need to cost money.

This is immediately what I thought of, unfortunately, Iwata thinks that pursuing paid downloadable content opportunities could damage the company's relationship with consumers.

It doesn't need to cost money.

It's sad when I can't remember that free DLC is real. This does make this idea 89% more plausible.

I'm getting sick of the Smash Bros. games. I mean Brawl was good but I didn't like it as much as melee. My biggest problem is I don't like playing Smash Bros. games by myself which is why when I heard Brawl had online I was excited. When I found out it didn't work I was really let down. I even upgraded my internet thinking it might help me out but it didn't. If this doesn't have Mega Man and a MUCH improved online component I think I will pass.

I'm getting sick of the Smash Bros. games. I mean Brawl was good but I didn't like it as much as melee. My biggest problem is I don't like playing Smash Bros. games by myself which is why when I heard Brawl had online I was excited. When I found out it didn't work I was really let down. I even upgraded my internet thinking it might help me out but it didn't. If this doesn't have Mega Man and a MUCH improved online component I think I will pass.

You're bagging on Hal Labs and Project Sora's FIRST and so far ONLY online video game? I was not surprised that the online wasn't very good, as it was their first outing. As for DLC, there will be a lot of glitches so patches will be constant, also... there are the problems of hackers... so they would have to deal with that too.

You're bagging on Hal Labs and Project Sora's FIRST and so far ONLY online video game? I was not surprised that the online wasn't very good, as it was their first outing. As for DLC, there will be a lot of glitches so patches will be constant, also... there are the problems of hackers... so they would have to deal with that too.
SSB with GGPO...

If only...

Doom was Id software's first online game and it worked well and that was back in the 90's. I don't give sympathy for first time online titles if your going to include it. It better work well.