Chrom should really be confirmed, and he's way better than Tails would ever hope to be. Ever.

I'm glad we can finally agree on one thing.

Why hasn't Jiggles been announced?

Yeah Sakurai! The funk is up with that!
Guys calm down, we're all mad. Edited by daikonboy101
  • Upvote 1

Why hasn't Captain Falcon been announced?

FALCON PUNCH!
Guys calm down and FALCON PUNCH!

Finally, people I can agree with. FALCON PUNCH! Tails should be confirmed too.

Tails to be confirmed for Smash Bros 4 during E3 along with Sonic Boom (game) release date. Calling it now.

...Should I tell her?

Aside from the many, MANY reasons why this will never happen, that game isn't even coming out in Japan, so it holds zero significance to Sakurai and will get no representation in Smash Brothers...

Also, for anyone expecting Jiggloo or Falcon before release is gonna be in for a poor time, I'm pretty sure we have our starting roster now save for the ones announced at E3, then the game will come out and we'll have to unlock the rest to see.

I legitimately think we're getting the rest of the Brawl cast returning as unlockables, I foresee quite the sizable roster, maybe about 48 give or take.. The only one that has any real concern of not returning is Snake, which would make me sad, but if he's not revealed before the game comes out then he's not in the game (No reason to hide a 3rd party character until release, we'll see all the trademarks on the Title screen anyway with Nintendo/Bandai Namco/Game Freak/Creatures Inc/Monolith/Sega/Capcom/Konami

(Still unbelievably hype for Shulk/Pac-Man/Chrom btw)

WPUche3.jpg
Pic of the day. Ready now? Together with me!

I like how this pic is literally just sakurai being like balloon, bringin' in dat fanservice

Expect zero new information beyond clarification until like... after E3....

• Upvote 3

I don't think the pic of the day matters much anymore at this point, unless it's announcing or denouncing something.

In other news, if you don't know about the leak yet, Max made a video explaining it, also making the "Leak Prophet" seem more credible.

~CHOIR BOYS HYPEEEEE!!!!~

rhythm-heaven-scream.jpgrhythm-heaven-scream.jpgrhythm-heaven-scream.jpgrhythm-heaven-scream.jpgrhythm-heaven-scream.jpgrhythm-heaven-scream.jpg

And Chrom + Shulk I guess

Edited by Turkey
  • Upvote 1

ibjcyfEhI3ViWC.gif

EDIT:

So it's interesting that awhile back this poll showed up from Bandai Namco asking which design fan would like to see in future Pac-Man games:

GHm1z.jpg

(My personal favorite is B )

And apparently the winner was D, as a little while ago this game came out:

V1HI2Sv.png

Unsure if this could have any bearing on his potential representation in Smash, but thought it was just relevant enough to share

Edited by Mr. Hatty
  • Upvote 1

So it's interesting that awhile back this poll showed up from Bandai Namco asking which design fan would like to see in future Pac-Man games:

GHm1z.jpg

(My personal favorite is B)

V1HI2Sv.png

Unsure if this could have any bearing on his potential representation in Smash, but thought it was just relevant enough to share

Probably not, but we'll never know. First, let us know if Pac Man is in the game AT ALL. Then we can talk.

My personal favorite is B, classic Pac is best Final Fantasy

GHm1z.jpg

(My personal favorite is B)

V1HI2Sv.png

Probably not, but we'll never know. First, let us know if Pac Man is in the game AT ALL. Then we can talk.

My personal favorite is B, classic Pac is best Final Fantasy

I would have gone for B as well but D was definitely my second choice.... 

Well your wish is granted, Turkey.

The following was confirmed this morning:

On June 10th Nintendo will have a video presentation called "Play Nintendo" which is pretty much like a SUPER Nintendo Direct for E3 purposes

They're also planning a Super Smash Brothers Invitational:

• "2014 will see the arrival of not one, but two new Super Smash Bros. games: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. To commemorate this occasion, Nintendo is inviting 16 highly skilled Super Smash Bros. players to the NOKIA Theatre L.A. LIVE in Los Angeles to compete in a Super Smash Bros. for Wii U tournament. Thousands of fans in the audience and countless more watching a live stream online will see new Super Smash Bros. characters clash with existing favorites in action for the first time. More important than declaring a winner, however, this event is a celebration of all things Super Smash Bros., and a great way for new and veteran fans to take part in a tribute to this legendary franchise. More information about the 16 invited participants in the tournament, the identity of the announcers, and how fans of the franchise can view the tournament in person and via webcast, will be communicated shortly." [source: MyNintendoNews]

Super Smash Brothers For Wii U will also be playable at select Best Buy locations in the United States around E3 time similarly to last year when WWHD, Mario Kart 8 and Super Mario 3D World were available as limited demos.

Further adding onto E3 in general, Nintendo will have something called "Treehouse Live" that will have the Nintendo of America Treehouse department showing off live demos and unscripted presentations on new content (sounds a lot like the standard E3 presentations to me, minus the stage), and will be livestreamed at all hours of E3

The hype is here, and yes, it is real. Who else is driving to whatever Best Buys get the demo to Smash? I sure as hell know I'm forcing my dad to take me for my birthday

• Upvote 1

I don't care if I have to drive, fly, walk, or swim to Best Buy. Nothing in this universe can stop me from getting my hands on early Smash Bros.

• Upvote 1

Best Buy is like 10 minutes away from my house. So much hype.

And hype for that live stream too. I wonder what they mean by highly skilled players, though. Would that be like Mew2king and Mango, or just Nintendo employees?

Best Buy is like 10 minutes away from my house. So much hype.

And hype for that live stream too. I wonder what they mean by highly skilled players, though. Would that be like Mew2king and Mango, or just Nintendo employees?

If the invited players are not the likes of Mango, Armada, Mew2King, KDJ, and pretty much the rest of the main Melee players, then this is a huge missed opportunity, but I retain faith that they're going to do this right in an attempt to build up the hype for a potential EVO showing now that Nintendo has finally embraced Melee's presence.

Now the real question is, Items on or off?

(If they leave items on for the tourney they may as well not invite anyone, all the pro players would riot).

And before anyone complains, people need to realize that upper level Smash is just as important as items/hazards on Smash, the stigma that people who play with items off are "playing the game wrong," It's a different way of playing that appeals to a different set of people, and those that like to criticize items-off players are being just as elitist as they like to portray those very same "wrong" players.

But anyway.... get hype!

PoTD:

VEbM90l.jpg

Pic of the day. With the Super Leaf, any fighter can have ears and a tail. You can also float in the air by pressing the jump button. We're still figuring out whether you'll be able to attack with the tail...

Interesting, really shows you how much of the game is still left to be complete/altered for the final product

Edited by Mr. Hatty
  • Upvote 1

6wUN416.jpg

Pic of the day. The menacing foe, Orne! It inflicts devastating damage--it's even more powerful than the Ultimate Chimera in the last game. RUNNN!!

Also:

• Upvote 3