Sign in to follow this  
drunken feedle

Changes you wished the game had?

There's already a sort-of Black Knight called Stoveface. Its armor is in the same style as the default knights, just... more awesome-looking. Generic magic, though.

There's plenty of potential for a rainbow of default knights, but honestly, I don't think they have any real potential as DLC. The Behemoth probably isn't going to create a Brown or Black or Yellow or White or anything knight if there isn't some relevance behind it - the Pink Knight was a meme with enormous fan support that spawned directly from the influence of Castle Crashers, and the Purple Knight (assuming it exists) is the Blacksmith, a character who was already in the game.

If they were going to do a Gold Knight, they probably would have just put the King in a gold helmet. :P

Which I could actually see. But it would be a waste of a character to add him now - kind of like the Open-Faced Grey Knight.

One more to add: I'd like a Leaderboard option that shows a player's combined experience (across all characters). The current Leaderboard favors people who really develop one character over those (like me) that like to use a whole bunch of 'em.

One more to add: I'd like a Leaderboard option that shows a player's combined experience (across all characters). The current Leaderboard favors people who really develop one character over those (like me) that like to use a whole bunch of 'em.

I like that idea, it would show the hard work of people who play with more then one character.

I second (or third) this. I would especially like this to be implemented in the arena, with combined points/wins/losses.

No juggling in arena.

I wouldn't say NO juggling, but I'd say not much. Weigh all characters so they're in at least the "Medium" category (like a Fire Demon), if not heavier.

No juggling in arena.

I wouldn't say NO juggling, but I'd say not much. Weigh all characters so they're in at least the "Medium" category (like a Fire Demon), if not heavier.

They ARE as heavy as a fire demon...

They ARE as heavy as a fire demon...

Boy, am I red-faced. :ugeek: (Shows how often I play Arena!)

OK, then how about weighting them one class heavier, i.e. making it so that aerial combos can still be done, but can't last very long)?

To do that they'd have to pretty much create a new weight class, which might be difficult to implement.

I would like to note that I'm not against that idea. Keeping some juggling and then fixing that you can't tech after a longer juggle would be pretty awesome. Or just fix the teching issue, but I guess I'm going off-topic there.

Again, player characters ARE about the same weight as the bear boss. There is no infinite juggle on other players. The only reason a death combo is possible is because it is impossible to tech (get up quickly) after a long juggle, allowing them to magic jump you into another combo if their timing is correct.

But yes; Fire demons, snakeys, cultists, player characters, and the bear boss are all middleweights.

But yes; Fire demons, snakeys, cultists, player characters, and the bear boss are all middleweights.

Hmm...I thought there were five weight classes, not three, and that the bear boss was slightly heavier (mid-heavy) than the fire demon (mid). I'll have to play some more CC to find out.

Hmm...I thought there were five weight classes, not three, and that the bear boss was slightly heavier (mid-heavy) than the fire demon (mid). I'll have to play some more CC to find out.

I just went back and fought the bear boss twice. If his weight is different (which it may be) it isn't a large enough difference to change my juggling. In fact, it might be easier to get the maximum amount of hits on him.

Maybe rather than changing the weight class, then, the solution is in giving players a way to defend against juggles. In another thread Dan made a comment that a Magic+Shield option was tried in a beta version of Castle Crashers, but ultimately dropped. I could see doing something such as adding a Magic "Shield" option that would have a chance of hurting the juggling player (and so stopping the juggle), in exchange for all the player's current Mana. The higher the Mana, the greater the likelihood of the juggler getting hit.

I had an idea, but I think it's too big a change for them to actually implement into the game's physics.

It crossed my mind that if there were a Counter feature where, if you pressed the guard button with absolutely perfect timing (as in, within a single frame of animation), you could deflect an attack that lands on you and potentially damage the attacker. If it were difficult enough to pull off and weren't too susceptible to button-mashing, it could make for a great recovery move, especially where juggling is concerned.

I had an idea, but I think it's too big a change for them to actually implement into the game's physics.

It crossed my mind that if there were a Counter feature where, if you pressed the guard button with absolutely perfect timing (as in, within a single frame of animation), you could deflect an attack that lands on you and potentially damage the attacker. If it were difficult enough to pull off and weren't too susceptible to button-mashing, it could make for a great recovery move, especially where juggling is concerned.

That would work as well. We're definitely thinking along the same lines - giving the juggled player an opportunity to break out of the juggle (but not guaranteeing that they'll be able to break out) is probably the best way to go.

I've thought about this as well. If they add this it should require 100% of your magic to pull off, thus allowing you to escape juggles and discouraging magic spamming at the same time. Another option could be that if you mess up the timing the move would not be possible for another 1/3 to 1/2 of a second. maybe even both.

Honestly this is starting to make the game seem like guilty gear or super smash bros. melee... both of which I would approve of.

I've thought about this as well. If they add this it should require 100% of your magic to pull off, thus allowing you to escape juggles and discouraging magic spamming at the same time. Another option could be that if you mess up the timing the move would not be possible for another 1/3 to 1/2 of a second. maybe even both.

Honestly this is starting to make the game seem like guilty gear or super smash bros. melee... both of which I would approve of.

Reverse-ninja'd! :)

Seriously though, all three of us have some pretty similar ideas. And I second that having CC play more like Guilty Gear or SSB would be a good thing.

However it does make the game more like a hardcore fighter (even if the combo breaker input is simple), which as far as I know isn't what the dev. team envisioned... so this sort of fix probably won't be implemented.

I want there to be no weapons exclusive to a certain console. I also think the stats should be the same.

The NG Skull Mace (PSN)+2 str, 3% crit. (XBL)3% crit.

The NG Gold Sword (PSN)+4 str, +3 mag, -3 agl. (XBL)+6 str, +1 mag, +1 def.

I know, nothing game breaking, but I just wonder about their thinking behind this is.