Sign in to follow this  
Choomog

Adventure Time!

I've started watching episodes on my computer of this show, and I actually really enjoy it. It reminds me of why I love watching cartoons when I was younger, which most new cartoons are just not able to do. I'd say it is one of the better cartoons of recent years.

I don't get why this latest season is receiving so much hate. The first two episodes were lacking, but it immediatley picked up pace with Memory of a Memory, which was amazing because it had so much backstory. Hitman was easily one of the funniest episodes, and Too Young was funny, also, but...

I hate it how they changed Princess Bubblegum to 13 years old, and resolved it in one episode. It felt like such a waste.

But yes, this is currently my favorite cartoon.

Just saw Adventure Time presents Fionna and Cake and so far I would say that it was the best episode in season 3 so far for me. It had a very good amount of action, character and emotion, and was funny throughout the whole episode. The ending was seriously hilarious, it was just great! I also loved how when ever Prince Gumball was near the subject of love, he'll pretty much always toss in something like "as my pal!" in there or mean it in a general way. That cracks me up for some reason. Overall, it was an enjoyable episode I would say.

Just saw Adventure Time presents Fionna and Cake and so far I would say that it was the best episode in season 3 so far for me. It had a very good amount of action, character and emotion, and was funny throughout the whole episode. The ending was seriously hilarious, it was just great! I also loved how when ever Prince Gumball was near the subject of love, he'll pretty much always toss in something like "as my pal!" in there or mean it in a general way. That cracks me up for some reason. Overall, it was an enjoyable episode I would say.

It was my favorite episode of this season too.

I thought the whole pillage miscommunication was pretty edgy for a kids show now a days, which is something I like. I too really liked the ending as well. This episode was made for the fans and enjoyed by the fans.

Best episode this season.

Man, I personally must say that Susan Strong is one of my favorite characters in Adventure Time though she has only been in two episodes thus far. She is just so adorable due to her wonderful personality and voice (Props to Jackie Buscarino). I also must say the relationship she and Finn share just has this tenderness to it that makes it so sweet, and I find that this feeling is only theirs and not seen with most of the other relationships between characters and not done to the extent of theirs. It truly makes it special. I hope we get to see her more in the future. :D

Anyone else seen Holly Jolly Secrets? Because I did not expect go in depth in the Ice King's character during the last part. Quite surprising if you ask me.

Anyone else seen Holly Jolly Secrets? Because I did not expect go in depth in the Ice King's character during the last part. Quite surprising if you ask me.

I don't think that should've been a Christmas episode, nor should it had been a half an hour long special. The first part was basically pointless, but the 2nd half was amazing. And that last tape left me speechless.

Well, season 3 is over as it seems. Overall what did you guys think of it? These are my thoughts.

In my opinion, it was much weaker than the last two seasons which were great. Wtih some of the episodes, I mostly found them to be uninteresting, as with some of them they go and do something but nothing too engrossing/interesting happens. It was like at the end of the episode it felt as if nothing was truly achieved somewhat as nothing much or nothing too great happened in the episode to begin with (Felt this with episodes like The Monster, Marceline's Closet, Paper Pete, Wizard Battle, Holly Jolly Secrets part one, etc). For me this makes most of the episodes mediocre. There wasn't really a "bad" episode for me, though unlike the last two seasons which were mostly made up of good episodes a few bad ones, this one just had ones that made you go "meh" at the end of them. Now that is not to say there weren't episodes that I enjoyed, as some of them were actually pretty good. Some of them were even fantastic. Here are the episodes I thought were good off of the top of my head:

Conquest of Cuteness, Mortituri Te Salutamus, Memory of a Memory, Fionna and Cake, What was Missing, Beautopia, Jake vs Me-Mow, Thank You, Ghost Princess, Dad's Dungeon, and Incendium

The ones I enjoyed the most were Fionna and Cake, Beautopia, Ghost Princess, Dad's Dungeon, and Incedium.

There might be a few I am not sure to say if they are good yet (has been awhile since I've seen them), but those I ones I can say that were good for me at the moment. With that, that is my overall view of season 3. Some episodes were quite good, though the rest ended up being mediocre for me. Not to say they weren't enjoyable, but not as good as I hoped they could of been.

Well that is all I have say. In other news, anyone else heard of Pen Ward's next series, The Bravest Warriors? Thought you guys might be interested in more of his works and such.

But I loved Wizard Battle. :cry:

And while I do agree that the Christmas episode as a whole was pretty weak, the last few minutes alone (you know what I'm talking about) made up for the entire special to me, and ranks as one of my favorite episodes because of it.

Wtih the Wizard Battle, I think it may have ended up not being somewhat disappointing for me as maybe I wished it had perhaps a bit more battling between the wizards as I felt that part went by pretty quickly. Besides that the rest of the episode was pretty enjoyable thinking about more. I guess overall it was a fine episode. It has been awhile, so with some of the episodes I may have only remembered and looked at the parts I didn't enjoy. Now that you say that, looking at it again I wouldn't have put Wizard Battle there now.

I also agree with you one the Christmas episode one. Overall it was extremely weak but those last few moments were just incredible and put you in awe.

I wonder for those who have seen Incendium do you think that

Flame Princess will join among the major characters? I do hope that they continue to explore them some more as I think it'll be fun to see a love relationship between someone who is good and someone who is (supposedly)evil in the series. I really hope that they don't drop it quickly like they did with young PB rather than doing anything interesting with them. If it is planned to be dropped, I just hope there are some episodes before that happens for some interesting events and so that the event before had some more impact to it.

Flame Princess will join among the major characters? I do hope that they continue to explore them some more as I think it'll be fun to see a love relationship between someone who is good and someone who is (supposedly)evil in the series. I really hope that they don't drop it quickly like they did with young PB rather than doing anything interesting with them. If it is planned to be dropped, I just hope there are some episodes before that happens for some interesting events and so that the event before had some more impact to it.

If I remember the Comic Con panel well enough, Penn said she was going to be a main character. I don't see why she wouldn't be, since she pretty much just replaced PB as Finn's love interest. I also remember Penn saying that they were never planning on keeping PB young, and that the crew had actually received a lot of dramatic feedback from the hardcore fans over the entire situation.

Of course, I could be wrong about a bit of that. It was over half a year ago, and I'm a bit forgetful.

Flame Princess is awesome, though. At first, when I'd heard that Finn was going to find a new crush, I was actually pretty worried, but somehow Adventure Time came through and destroyed all the doubts in my mind. Pairing a lawful goody-two shoes hero like Finn with a chaotic evil fire princess is just so much genius packed into a 12-minute period. So, so much potential. I can't wait for season 4.

Also, apparently Magic Man is returning next season. And Abraham Lincoln might make a reappearance, too.

I bet the Nickelodeon staff are hating themselves right now for not taking this show before.

Season 3 was fantastic. The staff has been talking about how they're changing the show to be so much more than a cartoon. And I love what they're doing with it.

Highlights for me were:

Memory of a Memory

Hitman

Wizard Battle

The Creeps

No One Can Hear You

Thank You

Holly Jolly Secrets (Sushigummy's reasoning)

Another Way (classic season 1 vibe)

Dad's Dungeon annnndddd

Incendium, of course.

I'm sorry, but I'm not a fan of Rebecca Sugar's episodes.

This season she worked on the episodes:

Morituri te Salutamus

Fionna and Cake

What Was Missing

Beautopia

Jake vs. Me-Mow

Incendium

I know I'm gonna get a lot of hate for this, but I just can't pull myself to enjoy most of her episodes. She has some decent ones but I do my best to forget episodes like Fionna and Cake (I'm pretty sure I'm the only person in the world who did not enjoy this episode. Too much romance for a show like Adventure Time, I'm sorry.), or What Was Missing (Felt like I was watching one of those teenager drama shows you'd watch on MTV... only throw in pointless musical numbers along the way.) She also tries to include too many songs in the show... I used to be so excited when Finn or Jake were about to sing but now it's just... bleh. Come to think of it, I think she included some kind of song in EVERY episode she worked on this season.

One last thing, now that they HAVE the Flame Princess situation, they better not pull the same crap they did with the Season 2 finale with PB turning younger again only to be resolved in one episode.

tl;dr fantastic season fantastic show keep up the great work AT staff.

I know I'm gonna get a lot of hate for this, but I just can't pull myself to enjoy most of her episodes. She has some decent ones but I do my best to forget episodes like Fionna and Cake (I'm pretty sure I'm the only person in the world who did not enjoy this episode. Too much romance for a show like Adventure Time, I'm sorry.)

Really? To each their own in the end. There was a lot of romance in the episode for sure, but in my opinion it was also filled to the brim with funny scenes and action. To me all of these things plus the romance made it feel like a very complete episode compared to some of the other episodes before it, plus the ending of the episode it just about one of the funniest things I've seen in a while (Ice King thinking of Finn and Jake as girls and having the hots for him? That is just too much for me!) I found it refreshing, though I can see why it may of strayed from what Adventure Time was about.

I'd also agree that singing happens somewhat often now. It felt like a treat when it happened and was enjoyable at parts were you really felt with the characters (IMO in Incendium), but sometimes now they tend to sing a lot in which the songs can feel unnecessary at times.

The only episode I could just not stand at all was actually Hitman. I don't know, for me the joke that got constantly shoved down was that the Ice King isn't too bright. If you didn't really find that in any way too funny, then overall it wasn't too great of a watch as it shoves that idea down your throat so much that to me it felt somewhat dried out once they did it for like the tenth time in the episode. A good episode for those who found it extremely funny, but for me it just wasn't at all. Scorcher was a pretty cool character though and a major contrast from many of the other characters due to how devious his methods were but he still had some class. Probably one of my favorite characters from this season actually.

Actually Breakfast Princess is one of my favorites too. A shame that some of these really great princesses don't get explored or at least seen too much.

I think Hitman was the funniest episode out of the season, but No One Can Hear You was my favorite. It was just so dark. And the scene with the bugs crawling out of Jake's ear.... agjkdlgdjsakl

Guest colonel juju

Adventure Time is one of my favorite shows ever!!!

I've seen the the first episode of the next season since it was leaked, so what I have to say may be spoilerish.

The entire first episode is devoted to developing Finn's relationship with Flame Princess as well as showing what her personality is like. It is pretty much certain that there will be more Flame Princess in the future. Whether or not she will become a recurring character after another episode or two is still up in the air.

Here's how I feel about FP after watching the episode:

I really like the introduction of FP into Finn's life. What Finn went through with PB was sad. I want to see Finn resolve that conflict within himself whether it is through being in a relationship with FP or having things with her come to a bittersweet ending. FP is also a really mysterious character that is almost nothing like the goody-two shoes that Finn is. This makes for some really interaction. I really, really want to see what happens next.

Here's a link to the leaked episode if you guys want see it too. ;)

http://mastertoons.com/Hot-to-the-Touch.php

Guest Soul Fly

Whenever we are free from teachers in our class somebody puts on adventure time on the projector so everyone can see, I loved it.

Sadly we have watched all the episodes by now but I will continue follow the series.