Sign in to follow this  
The Forgotten Knight

A much better community

So it's been a few days since the update and the removal of the 256s. I have to say I've noticed a dramatic change in the community as a result. It's so much easier to find matches, I don't see as many people getting booted by the host for no reason, and communication between randoms is so much more civil now.

It's as if a breath of fresh air has been breathed in and to be honest its about time. I've met more new people who love this game in the last 3 days then I have in the last six months. Now that one of the worst hacks in gaming history has been fixed I feel as if this game can be truely enjoyed for what it is, one of the best XBL archade games ever made. :arrow:

Well it easier to get 4 player matches now for me. Unfortunately I haven't really seen the rest yet.

I think I see more hackers then before. However, now they only have level 99s and a ridiculous amount of money. So its definitely a step up from before, which is good.

I still haven't ever been able to get a decent chat with randoms, which is a real shame.

But to be honest despite all that, I still really like the game and am glad that the game has gotten a little revival from this DLC and update.

I agree, it's been much easier to find matches, but mainly i find a lot of new players. Still it's extremely nice to find them, then 256'ers.

Yeah I just played 8 random matches in a row. They were all new players who quit out after a few levels.

So it's been a few days since the update and the removal of the 256s. I have to say I've noticed a dramatic change in the community as a result. It's so much easier to find matches, I don't see as many people getting booted by the host for no reason, and communication between randoms is so much more civil now.

It's as if a breath of fresh air has been breathed in and to be honest its about time. I've met more new people who love this game in the last 3 days then I have in the last six months. Now that one of the worst hacks in gaming history has been fixed I feel as if this game can be truely enjoyed for what it is, one of the best XBL archade games ever made. :arrow:

Amen brother :P

Ehhh. I still think it's a bittersweet solution. It seems really stupid to me that they would knock 256'ers down to level 99 gold skulls rather than level 1 no skulls. It's not like anyone got to level 256 legitimately. They didn't put in the work up to level 99 and then just go above and beyond to get there. They glitched. Cheated. Why reward them for it?

I'm stuck on PSN too, though, so... if nothing else, this whole 360 update has inspired me that, regardless of how little they can be assed to tell us, The Behemoth is, in fact, DOING something. And that gives me some hope for fixing the connectivity issues in the PS3 version.

Ehhh. I still think it's a bittersweet solution. It seems really stupid to me that they would knock 256'ers down to level 99 gold skulls rather than level 1 no skulls. It's not like anyone got to level 256 legitimately. They didn't put in the work up to level 99 and then just go above and beyond to get there. They glitched. Cheated. Why reward them for it?

I'm guessing The Behemoth made this decision because some players (the minority, not the majority) may have gained the glitch innocently, and at least in a handful of cases had a level 99 Gold Skull overwritten by a 256er. Resetting everyone to a level 1 no-skull would've unfairly punished those few.

I'm guessing The Behemoth made this decision because some players (the minority, not the majority) may have gained the glitch innocently, and at least in a handful of cases had a level 99 Gold Skull overwritten by a 256er. Resetting everyone to a level 1 no-skull would've unfairly punished those few.

What percentage of total players actually have a legitimate gold skull? One in fifty? In a hundred? And what percentage of those do you suppose caught the glitch by complete mistake? And for that matter, why didn't they think to get rid of it? Even if there's that ONE person out there who got a perfect character, caught the glitch, and put off getting rid of it (and believe me, the idea of there being even one person who meets that criteria is pretty generous), if they really care about the game or its community at all, having to start that character over in exchange for getting rid of the glitch forever and bringing the community back to life again would be worth it a hundred fold. I know that I would be a lot happier about the fact that the glitch is gone than my character being reset, and hopefully you would, too.

I'm stuck on PSN too, though, so... if nothing else, this whole 360 update has inspired me that, regardless of how little they can be assed to tell us, The Behemoth is, in fact, DOING something. And that gives me some hope for fixing the connectivity issues in the PS3 version.

In all honesty that might have been the best that they could do. I'm not really complaining though, the game is at least playable with them in the game. Their fake gold skulls don't hurt me.

While I don't really believe ex-256s deserve 99s and gold skulls, it might help a bit to see this from Behemoth's perspective.

This is 200,000 users we're talking about. That's, what? One out of ten players on XBL Castle Crashers? If they were to reset every one of these 200,000 users back to level 1, how many of them would continue playing? I can promise you it wouldn't be a whole lot, even if you factor in all the users who didn't necessarily want 256s in the first place.

Personally, I think some level 50s and white skulls should have probably done the trick, but you have to keep in mind that The Behemoth most likely have good reasons for their decisions.

They never bothered me. Well to be honest I bought the game first day released and played the hell out of it. Not sure when the 256 glitchers came about.

Only thing that is annoying I started playing recently due to DLC and most of my characters are level 99(Not all), thanks to that awesome catfish/bat so people are like "Oh they glitched reset you". But what ever never honestly played/seen the 256 level people.

In all honesty that might have been the best that they could do. I'm not really complaining though, the game is at least playable with them in the game. Their fake gold skulls don't hurt me.

It doesn't bother me because true Castle Crasher Master will be able to tell a fake gold skull from a real one any day of the week. I have no problem awing them with my legit gold skulls anyway. It may have not been the best solution but it was a far cry better than doing nothing and I'll take it without any gripes.

I'm not saying it's not better. I'm saying that, if they were going to go through the trouble of fixing the glitch, why not do it in a way that's fair to the people who play the game legitimately? I think the logic in my previous post pretty much sums it all up. It just plain doesn't make sense.

I'm not saying it's not better. I'm saying that, if they were going to go through the trouble of fixing the glitch, why not do it in a way that's fair to the people who play the game legitimately? I think the logic in my previous post pretty much sums it all up. It just plain doesn't make sense.

i believe your previously stated viewpoints are inaccurate. the likelihood of someone finding their characters reset at level 1 while being happy about it is just not going to be a common or realistic reaction. if they want to go back to level 1, they have an option to do so. people have invested time in the game and do not want that time invested to disappear.

many people are sad that they contracted the 256. some people are sad that they chose to cheat, being so powerful the challenge has disappeared. whether they did it on purpose or not, we're not one to kick someone while they are down. nor are we going to punish people based on assumption.

we don't know if your skull is legit or not. we're certainly not going to take a gold skull away from someone who fought through insane. we would have risked taking away legitimate skulls (IE. yours). moreover, skulls have little or nothing to do with the actual play experience.

it's someone else's account, not your own.. so it should not be that troubling. we all know you earned those skulls and so do you, which should be enough in itself.

it was a bad situation, and we wish it never happened. when it comes to 2,450,000 players we have to be as fair as possible.

Setting them to level 1 isn't punishment. It's a neutral action. Banning them would be a punishment. Giving them level 99 gold skulls is an overwhelming reward. More importantly than that, the problem is online gameplay: Having a bunch of random people who essentially glitched up to 99 as opposed to 256 isn't THAT much different. They're still overpowered, they still got there through cheating, and they still cause problems online.

I stand by my opinion. Any decent player would be happy to start their characters over if it meant the fair and just elimination of the 256 glitch and those who abuse it.

I highly agree with the person who said level 50 and white skulls. Your basically punishing the players who have all their characters with gold skulls legit by making them appear like nothing more than 256 glitchers in the public eye. Not only that, but your rewarding people who used a glitch that took no work and giving them your biggest fans dreams of getting basically every character 99 with gold skulls. There is now officially no point in doing that seeing as everyone will just assume your a 256 glitcher. Seriously enough pitying the 256 glitchers, I used to have the glitch but I reset my characters after seeing how game breaking it was, and I know it might affect me to have them set to a lower level but I would gladly get reset if it meant fixing the game once and for all. If you think more then around 2-3% of the 256rs got that way by accident you obviously know little about the glitch, in order to do it you have to have 2 xbox live gold accounts in the lobby and then have your second profile leave at the last second of the countdown, theres no way thats an accident more then 3% of the time.

In short just derank them and get rid of the gold skulls, please just do it, its whats fair to the legit players which is who you should be caring about.