Sign in to follow this  
necromancerguy

why are their so many bad movies being made?

I saw many movies in the past month and none of them are good thor5/10 greenlantern2/10 transformers dark of the moon4/10(disapointing) harrypotter dh part two 8/10 anyone know why they are making bad movies? :?::|:roll:

Deathly Hallows Part 2 wasn't a bad movie in any sense of the word. Heck, according to Rotten Tomatoes, it's the best Potter movie of all.

Thor wasn't fantastic, but it's not really fair to call it a bad movie.

I was hoping Green Lantern would be good, but you kinda have to take your chances when it comes to DC movies.

I'm not really sure what you were expecting out of Transformers 3. :\

All the "bad" movies you named have something in common. They're all based off of successful franchises. Movies like these get made because they make money. It's pretty much automatic money, people will see movies based off of popular things. I really don't see this stopping, either, unless there was a massive boycott, and making movies based off of franchises became less profitable.

I honestly didn't dislike any of those movies you listed. I mean, none of them are masterpieces, but they were fun action movies.

The thing is you've seen so many movies.

If you were born among this generation of kids, you'd think that the movies of today are brilliant and future movies would not measure up to today's movies.

It's a nostalgia thing.

The thing is you've seen so many movies.

If you were born among this generation of kids, you'd think that the movies of today are brilliant and future movies would not measure up to today's movies.

It's a nostalgia thing.

It's also a perspective thing. People like to think the movie industry's gotten worse and has become addicted with milking everything they can for money, but that's seriously how it's always been. The problem is, and this applies to most people who throw in the "EVERYTHING WAS BETTER BACK THEN" argument, you're pretty much comparing every good movie that's been released in the last 20, 30, or 40 years to what's in theater this month, and completely disregarding the awful movies from the past.

If you think the movie industry is awful today, here's a quick list of fantastic movies released just in the last five years:

Inception

Wall-E

The Dark Knight

Up

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World

Sherlock Holmes

Slumdog Millionaire

Half of the Harry Potter series

Rango

Toy Story 3

How to Train Your Dragon

And these are right off the top of my head. Gimme ten minutes and I bet I could stretch this list to infinity plus two.

To summarize my thoughts as best as possible, the movie industry hasn't gotten worse, you're just comparing the good movies from 1970-2006 with the bad movies from 2006-2011. And for all you know, you haven't even watched the best movies from the last five years yet.

Hollywood's more obsessed with sequels now than they've ever been? What about Jaws, Jurassic Park, Rocky, Star Wars, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Matrix, Karate Kid, Friday the 13th, Batman, Rambo, and the countless sequels Disney made to their animated movies? The memories aren't so pure now, are they? And those are only the movies we remember. I'm sure Hollywood was rolling out as many sequels back then as they are now, you've just never heard of most of them. Final Destination 5 looks awful, but nobody's going to remember it years from now. Instead, they'll remember all the good movies and complain about how Hollywood's become worse.

Hollywood's only focused on special effects and gimmicks? What about Twister and Wizard of Oz? Seriously here, I know people seem to love Wizard of Oz and all (for reasons I personally don't understand), but even if you like it you have to admit that half the movie is "LOOK LOOK PRETTY COLORS."

Hollywood's cashing in on series that were famous 20 or 30 years ago? So what? Do you know what Hollywood was doing 20 or 30 years ago? Cashing in on series that were famous 20 or 30 years before that.

If you were to time travel back to the 80s and were to watch a movie, the preview reel wouldn't consist of Jaws, Back to the Future, Jurassic Park, Ghostbusters, and Star Wars. Maybe you'll actually recognize one or two movies, but the rest of them will be garbage you've never heard of. We know what Hop is. We know what Final Destination 5 is. We know what Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus is (okay, maybe not). We look at them now and taunt Hollywood's greed, but 20 years from now, those awful abominations will be long forgotten, and our current exclusive greed-obsessed Hollywood generation will become a golden age. Do you remember Master of Disguise? Do you remember Kangaroo Jack? Do you remember Country Bears?

Great times, weren't they?

I took a Video Production class. My teacher worked as an executive producer for Warner Bros. He told us he left because they could make good movies anymore. We asked him why and he told us this: The movie is made by three people. The Producer, the Director, and the Writer. All three of these people have their own idea about what to do with the movie. All three of these people also try to put their idea into the movie they're making. They clash and argue to try to get these ideas in and instead of making a good movie with all ideas well mixed together, they come up with a terrible movie that doesn't feel as good as it could.

thats why you fire all 3 of them and hire 3 more. Repeat the process till the slot machine gets 7,7,7 :D

The same process will repeat no matter who you put in there.

It's all relative. They made lots of terrible movies in the past too.

Look at Zone Troopers for example.

Or anything that shows up on Svengoolie

The Man with the Screaming Brain!