Sign in to follow this  
Guest n00ber unit

I've been reading around a bit, and I'm a bit confused....

Guest n00ber unit

I have a level 99(was 256) that I didn't want, and I never use it.

I just read something about how I can't use Hatty when he's released.

Why is that?

I didn't intentionally get the 256/99... =/ :cry:

Hatty isn't actually released yet, so you don't need to worry about obtaining him right now. It's possible to, but only through modding, which, as you might have guessed, is against the rules.

I'm guessing (I don't work for The Behemoth) that Hatty will come free with a purchase of BattleBlock Theater once it releases. As of right now, though, there's no way to fairly obtain him. ;)

Well before it was thought that you got Hatty if you 256'd. But know it's shown that they had to mod the game, so even though you had a former 256 as long as you don't mod you should be fine.

Guest n00ber unit

Okay, thanks so much.

I don't want to lose my 99 and a chance for a new character.

What, are you guys trying to pick fights? He's just asking about Hatty, there's no need to go after him for a decision The Behemoth made.

If you guys wanna discuss it, that's all good, leave it in the appropriate thread. There's no excuse to be going around in threads like this and putting other users down just because you disagree with something The Behemoth did.

What, are you guys trying to pick fights? He's just asking about Hatty, there's no need to go after him for a decision The Behemoth made.

If you guys wanna discuss it, that's all good, leave it in the appropriate thread. There's no excuse to be going around in threads like this and putting other users down just because you disagree with something The Behemoth did.

are you a 256 fanboy?

are you a 256 fanboy?

No he's just being mature and realistic about things. Keep in mind that most players who had 256 just look at Castle Crashers as a game, which it is, they aren't as invested in it as you guys are, and to them it's not really a big deal.

I'm not trying to pick a fight with anyone but I do have to point out that this is a community that does not promote or encourage modding or hacking nor does it welcome those who do.

Just because the glitch is gone doesn't take away the fact it ruined the game for legitamet players for the last 3 years.

There have been many "accidental 256s" here on the forums who "caught" it because of their brother, sister, or best friend playing on their xbox account. Not many have been proud to say they've reset their account. Most were just trying to find out if they were going to be banned. Now again we have a modder or hacker asking if they will be punished in some way for doing it.

How do you honestly expect the community to react?

Guest n00ber unit

1) I didn't even want the 256.

My friend "gave" it to my while I was doing something else(I was over his house)

2)I never EVER use it on online play, or offline, so I don't see how that effects anyone at all.

I take Castle Crashers as just a game for FUN

I'm not trying to pick a fight with anyone but I do have to point out that this is a community that does not promote or encourage modding or hacking nor does it welcome those who do.

Just because the glitch is gone doesn't take away the fact it ruined the game for legitamet players for the last 3 years.

There have been many "accidental 256s" here on the forums who "caught" it because of their brother, sister, or best friend playing on their xbox account. Not many have been proud to say they've reset their account. Most were just trying to find out if they were going to be banned. Now again we have a modder or hacker asking if they will be punished in some way for doing it.

How do you honestly expect the community to react?

Well I would think that the community would act mature about it. Especially one that wants to act like they are better then glitches and modders. Though they attack a simple member who asked a question. It's not like he was coming in here flaunting about having a 256.

are you a 256 fanboy?

O: AWWW SNAPPPPPPPP, Sushi has been figured out >:)

My friend "gave" it to my while I was doing something else(I was over his house)

2)I never EVER use it on online play, or offline, so I don't see how that effects anyone at all.

I don't mean to sound like an instigator either, but how did he give you the glitch if you played the game at his house? Can you acces your account from another persons 360 or something? :?

I don't mean to sound like an instigator either, but how did he give you the glitch if you played the game at his house? Can you acces your account from another persons 360 or something? :?

Technically, you can. It just needs to be on a USB or Memory Unit. Another thing you can do is recover your gamertag and profile.

Technically, you can. It just needs to be on a USB or Memory Unit. Another thing you can do is recover your gamertag and profile.

Sounds kind of unsafe. After you take the USB/ Memory unit out does the info still stay? I remember psn saved peoples credit cards info once they used them in the store, so I figure this would be kind of the same.

I really hate to intervene in a heated discussion but I believe I need to say a few words.

legitimate players are just as annoying, selfish, and game ruining as 256ers. Ive been in dozens of matches where everyone chooses a low level character but then some idiot chooses his level 99 just to show off and be a dick (for lack of better words). But i've been in matches where people had 256s but didnt choose them unless the entire room decided upon playing as them. Hmm...civil 256 players? Yes a large amount of them do exist, but it's the annoying ones that stand out in the spotlight.

Now i did perform the glitch, I have no shame in admitting it. But, I only kept one of my characters 256 just so I could partake in 256 only games. (which are massively fun.) I legitimately re-leveled my characters and put in all the hard work that a pure legitimate would do.

All in all, Im saying don't judge everyone off of a stereotype. This guy is probably a very respectable castle crasher and you have no right to be "holier than thou" and denounce him for asking a simple question.