Sign in to follow this  
Aetherw13

How do you build your character's stats?

There is alot of different way you can do it. For me it depends on if I play with a party r not. If I do I go defense all the way, but if I play solo I go defense/magic then agility then strength.

I vary by character, trying to build the stats according to what makes sense for that character.

For most characters I'll vary but Strength generally is built last.

For the Thief I went 100% Agility first.

For the Alien I went Defense last. (Low HP, after all.)

For the Gray Knight I built all 4 stats evenly - he's an average knight after all.

For Stove Face I'll probably go 100% Defense first.

It gives me a little more variety with each character, at least till I get them all up to level 78...

I'm a bit of an Role Player at heart so I level my characters the same as BFG.

If the character has awesome magic I level up magic first. Examples: King, Red Knight, Blue Knight, and Industrialist.

If the character looks tough I level up Strength and Defense first. Examples: Blacksmith, Necromancer, and Barbarian.

If the character looks like an archer (or sometimes when they have a unique arrow look) I will level up Agility first. Examples Thief, Skeleton and Ninja.

Guest KorabanVII

After all the magic points are put on the ones with the best/coolest magic, I shove all the points down speed and occasionally defense.

I'm in the process of trying all the builds I can think of though. Snakey's on even speed, magic, and defense, no strength; and Stoveface is on even attack, magic, and defense, no speed. For now anyway.

i always go full defense first that way i know i can complete the game on easy mode with any character without dying and only using a couple of potions. by the end of the game i will have defense and another stat maxed out. like other people do i put points into whatever my characters are good at, skeleton with agility etc.

What you want to do is go full agility in the beginning and by the time you get to level 13 you will have it. This way you can easily play through the normal mode. After level 13 you have to get to level 30 to get a fully maxed out stat. I tend to do defense. This will keep you covered for a while. Then you want to do magic after that. Now here is the reason you save strength for last, it has to do with the leveling system for castle crashers. Castle crashers does not level you up by the amount of damage that you hit a foe with, but the amount of times. If you have a low level strength, then you can hit them multiple times with out taking away a lot of health. This is the same reason you want to use agility, fast, multiple hits at low damage. HOPE THIS HELPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Generaly if you go with defense first, then agility or defense, by the time you complete normal mode doing all the levels you should be level 39 or 40. Then if you play through insane mode up to the barbairian boss 2 or 3 times you can get to level 54 pretty easy. Saving all my strength till I had all 24 points saved i got my skeleton to level 78 by doing as above but playing through insane to the barbarian boss maybe 8 times?

I dont normally go for all 4 stats, i usually build my characters to be maxed out in 3 stats and that is usuallly enough, keeps them all a bit different a well.

First upgrade agility to 5-10, then upgrade either defense or magic, and then when you start running out of easy levels, put some into strength.  Strength means less EXP