Sign in to follow this  
drunken feedle

Will this out beat castle crashers?

I don't doubt this game will be amazing.

But, if CC has made it all these years with it's high title, BBT will need that much more ratings to climb the ladder of succes that CC did.

I love CC, and that's no lie. BBT looks amazing though, and less frustrating than Super Meatboy. :lol:

It is very possible that BBT will exceed expectations and be a well-rated arcade title, though.

As for Dungeon Defenders, it looks pretty fun. And it must be if it's worth all the time you spend on it. :D

I'm not saying you spend a lot of time playing it.. I just see you playing it a lot.

I'm sure it will be great and it'll be a hit, but I doubt it'll beat Castle Crashers.

I'm also pretty sure many people will get it simply because it was made by Behemoth.

I'm pretty sure from the amount of people I've convinced to buy it, it will at least tie CC. But you never know. But what I do know is that BBT looks amazing already and they're not even done with it yet!

It might take awhile for it to reach the same ratings as CC, and there is always the chance it will never come close to the numbers. I know people who love the Behemoth will probably buy the game, but in would have a long way to go to get that overall title. In my opinion, I can easily see BBT being much more fun than CC for me. For other people, time will tell, and in the end I hope it does well.

In response to the question if CC will be dethroned by DD.

I played both CC and DD now for some time and can positively say, not a chance in hell!

Why you ask?

1. The CC music in game is epic i even use it as a ringtone for my telephone, DD music and repetitive.

2. CC graphics are frikkin awesome, DD is.... Not!

3. CC is funny (deer who shits himself for instance makes me lol every time) and again DD is not.

4. CC has unlockable chars (loads) and again DD.... None

5. Now for the gameplay...i guess every game becomes repetive at some point, but point 1 - 4 should normally push that back in the timeline.

CC time played so far...... uhm..... months,years, to many to keep track.

DD time played so far..... about a month... bored out of my mind...

Just sayin DD no threat what so ever :P

Keep up the gr8 work BBT-team and soon i'll have another game to waste countless hours on ;)

Greetz Tevesh

We hope BBT will do well! AHHHHHHHHH so excited

:arrow: Christine

Is your excitement hinting towards a perhaps-maybe, soon-to-come, BattleBlock Theater?

I think you should spill those moldy beans already, Christine. I've lost all hope on Dan, and Emil is too quiet. Save me and all my fellow chickens?

I say it's all in the timing of the release. Do it on some random date and we have a word-to-mouth game that will take years to be publicized. Do it on like Summer of Arcade and it will be an instant hit. Or just say "From the creators of Castle Crashers" and that will also bring back players. Hopefully it wont be hacked so quickly and frequently.

In response to the question if CC will be dethroned by DD.

I played both CC and DD now for some time and can positively say, not a chance in hell!

Why you ask?

1. The CC music in game is epic i even use it as a ringtone for my telephone, DD music and repetitive.

2. CC graphics are frikkin awesome, DD is.... Not!

3. CC is funny (deer who shits himself for instance makes me lol every time) and again DD is not.

4. CC has unlockable chars (loads) and again DD.... None

5. Now for the gameplay...i guess every game becomes repetive at some point, but point 1 - 4 should normally push that back in the timeline.

CC time played so far...... uhm..... months,years, to many to keep track.

DD time played so far..... about a month... bored out of my mind...

Just sayin DD no threat what so ever :P

Keep up the gr8 work BBT-team and soon i'll have another game to waste countless hours on ;)

Greetz Tevesh

I'm not trying to start an argument, but 1-3 were all opinions. Some of which I know many people don't share.

Hey T Diamond

I know those points i brought up in my last post were opinions.

Ofc they are, that's what forums thrive upon.

If it was filled with facts on this forum it would be called wikipedia instead :)

Would be rather boring imo.

But atleast i know now that i wrote my post in a bit to serious tone or atleast i should have added that it was my opinion.

Thanks for posting your opinion too ;)

Greetz

Tevesh

I am extremely excited for BBT. Will it beat out CC? Like some others have said, time will tell. I personally am looking for the witty humor to come with BBT.

On the DD note, I played it for about an hour, then bought Crimson Alliance and beat that game outright. I didn't have much fun with DD, though I did enjoy it more with friends. It's a big time co-op game, and I think that's the only way it shines. My two cents though.

:D

I will be surprised if anything takes Castle Crashers' spot. I'm super excited for BBT, don't get me wrong, but I just don't see it beating a game that held the #1 spot for years. If it does, it will prove the only developer that can beat The Behemoth is itself!

i would only like this game if you can get alot of characters :)

There are supposedly over 200 characters...

But I suggest not making a list of recommendations for The Behemoth, again. :P

I have to admit i also think dungeon defenders isnt that great, and crimson alliance had nothing new that I havent played on a psx 10 years ago. caslte crashers is different, and thats what makes it good. From what ive seen of battleblock theater I think know if it has enough in it to stand out. Just looks like another platformer to me.

I think I should clarify my previous comment. Castle crashers is probably the best side scrolling beat em up ever. Think of the likes of golden axe and streets of rage etc, and castle crashers has so much more than those it is unbelievable.

It will be harder for battle block theater as there are so many platformers out there, all with different takes on things. I believe behemoth will have the advantage of cool art, better music, comedy etc, but gameplay wise there is so much more competition, from old time games, full on releases and xbox arcade games. Im not saying it wont be good im just saying it will have to try harder to be the best ever.