TheTPRI

Title Fight a PS3 Exclusive! (Smash Bros. Similarity)

21o4rvp.jpg

So yeah a company called SuperBot entertainment are working on this game, it's supposed to be a Playstation version of Super Smash Bros. and I am extremely excited for it, especially since the Smash bros. game I own is the on for 64. Been trying to find more and more information about it, but I still end up with the same info I already know.

A lot of the news has been coming from the Paul Gale Network.

Here's his updated FAQ on the game,

Gameplay controls for the game.

Here's the page where people submit their ideas for the game to Paul, I guess he'll try to mention them to the company, but yo have to be a user to post anything. Try to look for me on that page, my name is Dude-Man, I only signed up to share my ideas.

The confirmed characters are:

Kratos-God Of War

Nathan Drake-Uncharted

Fat Princess-Fat Princess

Parappa The Rapper-Parappa The Rapper

Sweet Tooth-Twisted Metal

Jak and Daxter-Jak and Daxter

Sly Cooper-Sly Cooper

Colonel Mael-Killzone

I believe these are characters other people think should be in the game:

Ratchet and Clank-Ratchet and Clank

Turo and Kuro-Playstation Mascots, I think

Cole-Infamous

Nariko-Heavenly Sword

James Bond-James Bond

Sackboy-LittleBigPlanet

Crash Bandicoot-Crash Bandicoot

Spyro the Dragon-Spyro

Scorpion-Mortal Kombat

Sora-Kingdom Hearts

Dante-Devil May Cry

Snake-Metal Gear Solid

Kevin Butler-Playstation 3 Commercial Guy

Raziel-Legacy Of Kain

Sev-Killzone

Toan-Dark Cloud

And so on...

Stages:

LittleBigPlanet Stage-LittleBigPlanet

Sandover Village-Jak and Daxter

The Bridge of Asylia-Lair

Screeshot of SweetTooth work!

e8x561.jpg

I really hope Raziel, Sora, and Scorpion make the cut. And I kind of expect Sonic and Snake to be in this game since they were in Brawl, but I might be wrong. And although I've never played Dead Space, I can picture Isaac in this. The only problem I see with this game is that a lot of sony characters use guns, and a few of them, like Crash, Spyro, and Sly Cooper, have very little attacks in their own games.

But what are your opinion on this game? Do you have any Ideas for it?

Interesting.

Ive been hearing about this for awhile now. It would definitely be something I would pick up at the store. I plan on mastering parappa. Kratos needs to be taken down for once, and parappa is just the guy to do it.

Interesting.

Ive been hearing about this for awhile now. It would definitely be something I would pick up at the store. I plan on mastering parappa. Kratos needs to be taken down for once, and parappa is just the guy to do it.

:lol:

I think my main for now is definitely going to be Drake, I mean, the guy makes just about every fall in his games, taken down tons of enemies, and survived near death situations many times. Is Snake is in this game, I would love to see a showdown between them, me and a friend were talking about Snake vs. Drake a few days ago.

Also I believe reading someone said that Ed Boon was totally up for letting Scorpion in the game, So I expect him and Kratos could have some

in this game.

Snake?

Well I'm not sure.

He's already been in one crossover fighter.

Also this game seems more like an actual fighter than a Super Smash Bros clone, considering there's a Super Gauge and different levels of super moves.

Yes it's a SSB Clone, in premise (aka a 1st party's characters join together to beat the hell out of each other), but may differ completely in gameplay.

Also this game seems more like an actual fighter than a Super Smash Bros clone, considering there's a Super Gauge and different levels of super moves.

When he mentioned that I was thinking maybe the health will be similar to Newground Rumble, since there is a super bar in it, but I think I would like it better if there were the percentage damage, just like in Smash Bros., it makes the fights last longer.

So there is FINALLY more news on this game, it will be made playable at E3 this year, I hope. The name currently being considered for it is

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

from what I've seen online. Check out Paul Gales latest post on Title Fight!

http://paulgalenetwork.com/home/2012/04/01/title-fight-will-be-presented-and-playable-at-e3-in-a-nearly-completed-form/

I hope this doesn't end up like Playstation Move Heroes, sounding cool but then when the game is released, it ends up being bad.

But that won't probably happen, right?

I would get a PlayStation 3 just to play as PaRappa in a brawler like this. I'm serious, I would save my funds and purchase a PlayStation 3.

It should be interesting to see what the future of this game is.

I would get a PlayStation 3 just to play as PaRappa in a brawler like this. I'm serious, I would save my funds and purchase a PlayStation 3.

It should be interesting to see what the future of this game is.

62 days til gameplay man, I'm excited! :-D

I hope this doesn't end up like Playstation Move Heroes, sounding cool but then when the game is released, it ends up being bad.

But that won't probably happen, right?

Nah, if you ask me Smash Bros. has the best type of fighting game gameplay ever made and Sony has the best kind of mascots to me, so the combination seems almost perfect. I just wish people would share more on it, cause I'm sort of worried it might be fake a little bit also. Some people think the new name if too long, but I honestly don't really care, I've played Jump Ultimate Stars, games with long names can be pretty good! :-D

Edited by TheTPRI

Nah, if you ask me Smash Bros. has the best type of fighting game gameplay ever made

Don't tell that to the fighting game community :-P

Nah, if you ask me Smash Bros. has the best type of fighting game gameplay ever made

Don't tell that to the fighting game community :-P

I'm part of this fighting game community.

:-P

To be fair SSB does have its fair share of good gameplay.

It's just not preferable to suggest to the community as you essentially have to remove major parts of the game (such as stages, all items, etc) just to have it competitive.

It's well suited for a party game, but for a game that requires wit, skill, mind reading, and not to mention a fair duel where mistakes are heavily punished, Super Smash Bros just doesn't cut it for me. :3

It doesn't look like the SSB alternative, it looks more like one of those hardcore fighters, like Street Fighter, Marvel VS. Capcom, etc. I don't usually like those kinds either, except for the Dragon Ball Z ones, for reasons unknown.

Now behold this picture of something I found from FullMetal Alchemist ^-^

tumblr_ljat9k1jRa1qem5jgo1_r1_400.gif

From what I've seen, there are six types of opinions for this game:

1) It's a Super Smash Bros. rip off

2) It's not a Super Smash Bros rip off Super Smash Bros ripped off other games

3) Looks boring/stupid/some other adjective

4) This might be god sent.

5) Looks ok, I might get it.

6) I don't have a Playstation, so I'm going to make a random comment about me not having a Playstation.

To be fair SSB does have its fair share of good gameplay.

It's just not preferable to suggest to the community as you essentially have to remove major parts of the game (such as stages, all items, etc) just to have it competitive.

It's well suited for a party game, but for a game that requires wit, skill, mind reading, and not to mention a fair duel where mistakes are heavily punished, Super Smash Bros just doesn't cut it for me. :3

Smash Bros can be played competitively, even with items and everything, if you're scoring on the long run.

Generally, when my friends and I play Smash Bros, we all go random, pick a random stage, and set all items to medium for every battle.

I've found that a good 90% of the time, after a few hours of playing, I'll have way more stars than everybody else. If you give everybody the same chances, and measure the long-run score, all the stupid little lucky things that happen won't matter. The best players will always be on top.

Smash Bros can be played competitively, even with items and everything, if you're scoring on the long run.

Generally, when my friends and I play Smash Bros, we all go random, pick a random stage, and set all items to medium for every battle.

I've found that a good 90% of the time, after a few hours of playing, I'll have way more stars than everybody else. If you give everybody the same chances, and measure the long-run score, all the stupid little lucky things that happen won't matter. The best players will always be on top.

I can't say I agree with that concept if tied to a competitive philosophy. I do understand that not all competitive SSB players need to follow standards set by Smashboards or whatever in a private setting. I'd for sure be interested in watching a Smash tourney stream with items set on for the duration of the event. :-)

All I know is that this game needs Spike from Ape Escape 1!! :-D

Edited by CSword123

Looks pretty good. :D

Also, judging by the stages alone, I'm guessing Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, and Sackboy will be playable characters.

Looks pretty good. :D

Also, judging by the stages alone, I'm guessing Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, and Sackboy will be playable characters.

That rocket item was is also in Uncharted, as well as the sound it makes when you fire it. Nathan Drake gonna be in!

Also the orbs you collect look like Ratchet and Clank Nanotechs.

Snake?

Doubt it considering Metal Gear is not an exclusive Playstation title.

Snake?

not anymore atleast......

The first game was on the NES and I think the PC it's never been a PlayStation exclusive.

not anymore atleast......

The first game was on the NES and I think the PC it's never been a PlayStation exclusive.

This. There was even an MGS game on the GameCube. Most of their games are each exclusive to one console (many of the big ones being PlayStation exclusives), but the series itself has never really been exclusive to one company.