Sign in to follow this  
PigStitches

Indie games you should look into.

The Binding of Issac: Your mom believes that God spoke to her. He wants her to kill you. Loads of odd power ups, and old school zelda like game play. It is an amazing gem that you should look into.

Limbo: You are a little boy that has found himself in a dangerous position. This is an amazingly simple yet effective little horror type puzzle platformer in which the atmosphere grasps you in a very unsettling way.

:) look them up

---------------------------------------------------

• Upvote 1

when you say indie do you mean games that were indie but are big now or indie games which are still indie ie castle miner z?

btw: i highly recommend castle miner z for those who love castleminer and left 4 dead. You get to craft weapons !

Uhh...this is just from the top of my head, (all steam games btw) Dungeons of dredmor, super meat boy, Cthulhu saves the world, Terarria. I love cthulhu saves the world most, you're cthulhu a squid god of madness, who lost his powers

Wizorb is a pretty sweet breakout game. With nice looking retro graphics, good music and such, it is a pretty good.

Cthulhu Saves the World is a great RPG. The leveling system is really awesome as you can truly change up how a character is by the bonuses and spells you choose. The combat has some pretty neat concepts, and the overall dialog is funny. With a whole bunch of extra goodies too, it is well worth its low price in my opinion.

Have ye heard of Total Miner Forge? It's basically Minecraft except without survival but has more blocks and items in it.

I've played it. Nice how it has cave-ins that can trap you. -_-

Great other than that.

Edited by Darkimo

Have ye heard of Total Miner Forge? It's basically Minecraft except without survival but has more blocks and items in it.

I've played it. Nice how it has cave-ins that can trap you. -_-

Great other than that.

Hah lol

Minecraft on Xbox sucks, Total Miner is better. Minecraft on PC is a way different story, but that's for a different day ;-)

Stuff that wasn't mentioned yet other than if they were in a Humble Bundle:

Amnesia: The Dark Descent.

Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs (not out yet).

Dungeon Defenders (has some flaws but is a lot of a fun).

Spelunky (Hard but addictive).

Starbound (Not out as of writing this).

Starship Mine (Halo meets Minecraft, never played it but it could be good).

World of Goo

Wanderlust: Rebirth

Cave Story

Iji

Braid (Requires a good PC)

Feist (Not out as of writing this.)

Fez (Never played it, but looks amazing).

Bumping this back from the dead to say I just played a very interesting horror game called. Imscared.

It's not very scary in game and the graphics are very pixelated, but it does a unique job at interacting with you on an ARGesque level.

Oh boy, here we go! (*pulls out list*)

Cave Story

Super Meat Boy

The Binding of Issac

Mew-Genics (upcoming)

The Basement Collection (by Edmund Mcmillen)

FEZ

Spelunky

Monaco: What's Yours is Mine (upcoming)

VVVVVV

Super Hexagon

N+

Braid

The Witness (upcoming)

Antichamber

Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP

They Bleed Pixels

Realm of the Mad God

Journey

World of Goo

Little Inferno

PLAY THEM!!

Oh, and of course, if you haven't played both Alien Hominid and Castle Crashers, you should probably play 'em before coming back to this forum.

If I think of any more I'm gonna add them.

Edit: I can't believe I forgot La-Mulana... play that one too.

Edited by GoldenGhost

It's funny because my idea of a true indie game is so different from others. I have a real hipster attitude about it where if they have a company and team working with/for them, it's not indie enough to be considered truly indie lol.

Edited by T Diamond

Just played a game called Which (apparently it's old so some people have probably already seen it). It's a very short game (I think the download time took longer than the game) but it's an interesting one.

It has a great atmosphere that mimics LIMBO very well, and it has you make a "choice" of "picking" the heart or the head. Basically the whole game is featured around that.

The only complaint I have for the game is the lack of backstory or knowledge to really make the choice worth something. At the very least watch a let's play of it.

Oh and the game is a bit disturbing for younger viewers/players. So discretion and all that is advised.

Edited by T Diamond

Actual Sunlight, a game about depression thats free to download off the website.
Wizorb.
Apple Jack
Cthulu Saves The World
VVVVV
Super Hexagon
Hotline Miami
Thirty Flights of Loving
Slender The Eight Pages

A lot more too but they're all I can think of off the top of my head. 

EDIT: The Decay series on the Xbox Indie Section is one of the most petrifying games I've ever played and I recommend it to anyone who likes a good horror. 

Edited by haydndavid91

Yumi Nikki, a horror game, very scary/disturbing, you don't really know what to expect next.You're a little girl who lives on her own and she starts going into weird nightmare things, the end is stupid but very hard to get to (from what I remember).

Don't Starve is on my radar right now.  I haven't gotten around to actually picking it up but I love wilderness survival games and something about the game's aesthetic reminds me of Jack Vance.  Having any of you guys or gals played it yet?