Sign in to follow this  
hattyhatington

character customisation

i allways liked the wide range of characters to pick from in castle crashers and behemoth has taken that to the next level with a character select of 200 unlockable prisoners :!: leave comments of which one of the prisoners seen in trailers that you like the best :D

i just wish they don't all have individual save data

It's my understanding that there is one overall save data and you just make your character. In other words, there is no character save data, like in Castle Crashers.

You can swap between your unlocks in-game at any point, whether it's a prisoner or a weapontool.

I just had a question for TheBehemoth. I watched the video that was so nicely taken by the Xbox team, and I saw that you got characters by purchasing them with gems. Is this the only way to unlock characters? Weapons?

I feel like there should be some characters that you actually have to perform tasks to unlock, just like the characters, pets, and weapons in Castle Crashers.

I also had a question. While watching the 1 hour video, I couldn't help but be amazed at the 250+characters unlocks. My question is: Can you unlock all the characters in the game, or are there not enough gems throughout the levels to unlock every character and/or weapon?

250+characters unlocks

I know you said 250+ which is technically correct, but I think it is a lot more than 250 its more like 450+... and I don't think you can unlock all of them and that is why they have the trade station...

250+characters unlocks

I know you said 250+ which is technically correct, but I think it is a lot more than 250 its more like 450+... and I don't think you can unlock all of them and that is why they have the trade station...

12 Levels and a Timed Level per chapter, 2 versions of each level, 1 yarn ball and about 7 gems per level, 8 to 10 chapters, and an Insane Mode.

I think there's more than enough to unlock everything. You just trade if you have something your friend wants, and vice versa...

Well, I know the purpose of trade, but I'm a completionist, and wanted to know if I could have everything. So, thanks Zephyr, That comforts me.

P.S. I included the plus, because I was sure there were more, but I wasn't sure how many.

Well, I know the purpose of trade, but I'm a completionist, and wanted to know if I could have everything. So, thanks Zephyr, That comforts me.

I'm a completionist too. All the games I have played are 100% done. I'm actually still waiting for Blacksmith to come back to PSN so my weapon frog fills up more. :P

I loved the trade system shown in the demo, not sure 100% how it will work but will be great to trade characters with friends. I hope they have tiers so some characters are super rare and difficult to obtain! I like the challenge :)

They're all super rare/ difficult to obtain! It uses a random dispenser, so you could never see one unless you unlock them all.

On that note, I just remembered, all the characters are 10 gems. That might affect the ability to unlock them all.

Just wondering, can't you just replay a level and earn the same gems again?

no. you cannot be re-granted gems.

say there are 5 gems total in a level. let's say you got 4 of the 5 on your best run.

if you go back and complete it getting all 5, you'll be granted 1 gem.

if you go back and complete it getting all 5, and you do it very quickly, you'll get an A++, which grants bonus gems.

normal difficulty and insane difficulty both yield money seperate of one another. if you're looking to be very rich, it's in your best interest to play both difficulties. you will also be granted money in the co-op variant. so, 4 total revenue streams through story mode.

as it currently stands - you will not be able to obtain absolutely everything in 1 playthrough. if this was possible, the trading system could be rendered worthless within a day!

however, there are ways to obtain absolutely everything.

Just wondering, can't you just replay a level and earn the same gems again?

no. you cannot be re-granted gems.

say there are 5 gems total in a level. let's say you got 4 of the 5 on your best run.

if you go back and complete it getting all 5, you'll be granted 1 gem.

if you go back and complete it getting all 5, and you do it very quickly, you'll get an A++, which grants bonus gems.

normal difficulty and insane difficulty both yield money seperate of one another. if you're looking to be very rich, it's in your best interest to play both difficulties. you will also be granted money in the co-op variant. so, 4 total revenue streams through story mode.

as it currently stands - you will not be able to obtain absolutely everything in 1 playthrough. if this was possible, the trading system could be rendered worthless within a day!

however, there are ways to obtain absolutely everything.

Nice. I'm happy that what I said earlier just got approved. :D

can't you just replay a level and earn the same gems again?

That is actually a good point, but I think that after you have obtained the yarn and gems from each level, they are no longer there or no longer count. If that was the case you could unlock every character from the very first level, but you would have to replay it hundreds of times...

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::x

Dan has already addressed this. No, you can't get new gems from a level, but you can get gems from an older level, provided you haven't gotten them before.

So just to be sure, Gems are used to buy new heads, but the head store is a random dispenser. While yarn is used to buy weapons like grenades and the blow gun. Correct?