Sign in to follow this  
BFG

CC Players' Hall of Fame on Castlepedia

All,

Just curious what you all think of this idea. I haven't even mentioned it to Koen yet so he has the right to veto :)

Anyway, I was thinking of ways to honor some of the biggest players in CC across both platforms, and remembered that a lot of people have talked on these forums about wanting to change how the Leaderboards work. To that effect, I've thought about implementing something like the following on Castlepedia:

• [*:20gefg8j]A top 10 (or top 20, or top 50, whatever) player board would be added to Castlepedia, and updated weekly and/or monthly. It would be editable only by Koen and I.
    [*:20gefg8j]There would be two lists - one for verified scores (i.e. the player posted proof in the form of a video or a series of photos somewhere), and one for unverified scores. Alternatively there would be just one board, with unverified scores marked.
    [*:20gefg8j]Player scores would be figured as follows. The accumulated XP across ALL of a player's characters would be added together. Experience from White Skull characters would be divided by 2; experience from no skull characters would be dividied by 4 or 5. (In other words, Gold Skulls are worth full points, White Skulls half, and no skulls 1/4th or 1/5th).
    [*:20gefg8j]Since PS3 doesn't have access to the Blacksmith, their scores would be multiplied by 30/29 to match them better against XBox360 players. This would change once Blacksmith is available on PS3.
    [*:20gefg8j]Players submitting scores with Hatty would be instantly disqualified--at least till he's officially released.

Thoughts? It looks like it could be a lot of work, but I think it would be fun...particularly if Koen and I figured out a way to let players calculate their scores, rather than having us do it. Or, maybe Emil could help us out?

ok this is my accumalative xp with all knights on xbox - 7,681 138 xp.

plus i'm the top weekly and monthly player on the leaderboard,directly above me are the 256'ers all with 16,000000000 xp.

so there you have it,video proof will be no probs.

Cool idea but can't we just make 4 lists, 2 for xbl and 2 for psn

We could, but I'd rather combine 'em so we can see the best overall CC players out there. And to be honest, multiplying the PS3ers' scores by 30/29 (which is about 1.03) really won't affect their scores all that much).

That said we need to be sure to keep track of who's on what system so we can separate them if need be.

I'll see if I can get something put together tonight for this. Otto, hold that thought, we're going to have an "official" way to submit scores so Koen and I can keep this as easy on ourselves as possible :)

If you post the top players on arena, please don't put cheaters on the wiki like SKOSSMAN and the Top 2 on XBLA arena.

If you post the top players on arena, please don't put cheaters on the wiki like SKOSSMAN and the Top 2 on XBLA arena.

Don't worry, we're not interested in including cheaters...that's part of the reason why people with Hatty scores get an instant 0 :)

I don't know about Koen but I'll need help identifying the cheaters on XBLA, since I'm on PSN. We'll probably include a section on the Talk page of the list for people to protest when cheaters have been included.

^ above is my record of character xp.Red Knight is my main followed by Indy,Green,Blue (just re-set Blue who had 200k xp) Orange,Fencer and Grey.

Overall leaderboards are so corrupt with 256 its really hard to tell where i am,there's a guy above me with 3mill xp who is lvl35!?!?,but i suspect i'm right at the top of the legit side of the scoreboard aswell,by the way i dropped 10,000 places in a year all by 256ers.

i never glitched,hacked,256 or even know any hackers on castle crashers.

i dont play arena....too laggy for me.

This is a cool idea ;) However, in my opinion the XP leader board represents "game time" more than "game skill".

CC Contest Idea:

How about this: Each contestant will buy 5 potions, 9 bombs, and 9 sandwiches (no re-buying items and no character switching.) The player who solos insane mode the furthest is the best player. If your character "dies" at any point (even if you have potions left) you're done.

I usually die in the Desert (sometimes I make it to the Marsh). But, I know people can make it a lot further. (If anybody beats the "final battle" they will start back over at "home castle").

Alternative: Each player "clears the map" (solo), whoever uses the fewest potions wins. (If the "potion count" is a tie, the player who used the fewest bombs/sandwhiches is the winner).

This is a cool idea ;) However, in my opinion the XP leader board represents "game time" more than "game skill".

CC Contest Idea:

How about this: Each contestant will buy 5 potions, 9 bombs, and 9 sandwiches (no re-buying items and no character switching.) The player who solos insane mode the furthest is the best player. If your character "dies" at any point (even if you have potions left) you're done.

I usually die in the Desert (sometimes I make it to the Marsh). But, I know people can make it a lot further. (If anybody beats the "final battle" they will start back over at "home castle").

Alternative: Each player "clears the map" (solo), whoever uses the fewest potions wins. (If the "potion count" is a tie, the player who used the fewest bombs/sandwhiches is the winner).

lol...well i can assure you i can solo insane without dying...and i dont use too many potions either.

Necro is the only lvl that takes most of my potions and yes i think it is possible to complete the whole of insane on just 5 potions no dying.....

that is a really good idea, but there should be a bonus for being 1st, if dan paladin would accept this, a black flaming blade, which is animated, and probably that is an excelent idea in my opinion, its name should be the "chaos blade"

the problem is you can't prove you've completed the game without dying unless you do it live stream.dunno if you can play CC on Twitch or what ever....videos can be edited.

the problem is you can't prove you've completed the game without dying unless you do it live stream.dunno if you can play CC on Twitch or what ever....videos can be edited.

What he said. There's a number of ways to better ascertain who's the "best" CC player, but we've got to balance that against how easy it is for anyone to prove what they're saying they've done.

soloing insane without dying and repeating lvls with lvl 99,max dmg weapons will take up to 4 hrs if my memory serves me well.and you would HAVE to do it live if you wanna prove anything.

i posted 2 full runs with my Red and 1 of those was without dying but i can't prove it,the other one i died once from lack of concentration more than anything.

and if anyone can solo necro lvls without dropping a potion will get my upmost respects....gotta prove it tho.

the Necro lvls are where it's at for the ultimate challenge,the other lvls are easily do able.

lol...well i can assure you i can solo insane without dying...and i dont use too many potions either.

Necro is the only lvl that takes most of my potions and yes i think it is possible to complete the whole of insane on just 5 potions no dying.....

Right on :) If you can make it to Necro with potions remaining, you may be able to go get through a good bit of the map (on the second play through). That would be epic on just five potions :D

I've checked out your videos before, and if there is "a contest" you should definitely enter. :)

You're right, people could try to cheat. People would send the full length (unedited "story mode run through") video to a judge. If the judge saw anything "against the rules" (hatty, the whale, "glitch hovering", 256, etc) that player would be disqualified. The Judge would have the "final decision" on if a "run through" was legit or not.

I would say Level 99's only, no "exiting to map" to refill heath. But, changing weapons or animals whenever there's a break (that takes you to the map) in story mode is fine.

=======================

Its really just an idea. I try "getting as far as I can on 5 potions" just for fun some times. Necro's Sword with Snailburt will give you +12 defense

Also:

I didn't mean my comments on XP leaderboards as "a shot" against anybody. I have 1 million XP with the Alien and I don't feel like the leader board really reflects that time/effort/skill involved with that. (I feel that way because somebody could just "boomerang" a million XP in like a month :| with almost no skill. (How hard is "Industrial Castle" on normal mode with a level 99? :x ).

and if anyone can solo necro lvls without dropping a potion will get my upmost respects....gotta prove it tho.

Very Bad Player beat necro with no potions (red knight and fencer). Click this link for his thread. If we were betting money, I would give 2 to 1 odds that VBP is "the best" Castle Crasher (no offense to anybody else). :)

Right on :) If you can make it to Necro with potions remaining, you may be able to go get through a good bit of the map (on the second play through). That would be epic on just five potions :D

I've checked out your videos before, and if there is "a contest" you should definitely enter. :)

You're right, people could try to cheat. People would send the full length (unedited "story mode run through") video to a judge. If the judge saw anything "against the rules" (hatty, the whale, "glitch hovering", 256, etc) that player would be disqualified. The Judge would have the "final decision" on if a "run through" was legit or not.

I would say Level 99's only, no "exiting to map" to refill heath. But, changing weapons or animals whenever there's a break (that takes you to the map) in story mode is fine.

=======================

Its really just an idea. I try "getting as far as I can on 5 potions" just for fun some times. Necro's Sword with Snailburt will give you +12 defense

Also:

I didn't mean my comments on XP leaderboards as "a shot" against anybody. I have 1 million XP with the Alien and I don't feel like the leader board really reflects that time/effort/skill involved with that. (I feel that way because somebody could just "boomerang" a million XP in like a month :| with almost no skill. (How hard is "Industrial Castle" on normal mode with a level 99? :x ).

Very Bad Player beat necro with no potions (red knight and fencer). Click this link for his thread. If we were betting money, I would give 2 to 1 odds that VBP is "the best" Castle Crasher (no offense to anybody else). :)

well...i did say you can solo insane without dropping a potion...and yes i have also soloed Necro with Red without potions,if i remember i had no potions but i took hawkster instead of piggy but sadly never recorded...yet.

so i would hold on to your money cos my recent vids were off soloing without potions (Lava,Indy Castle,Marsh,Medusa),just got Desert and Full Moon to do before Necro.tho all the desert lvls i have done without potions again un-recorded,Full Moon never.

It's funny you mentioned Full Moon, I'm "stuck" there on my "no potion play through". (I haven't been playing using the "contest" rules tho. I have been repeating levels until I clear them without potion.) I just can't solo Full Moon without potions, and I'm not sure it's even possible :?

I don't doubt that somebody could make it through Full Moon and even Necromancer with only 5 potions. (But, I do know that I can't :lol: ) In a best case scenario, I think I would use my last potion/bombs on the wave before Medusa. I really don't think I could make it any further. I know a lot of you guys can tho.

My computer is being so stupid right now, I may have "double posted". . . I'm sorry if I did.

It's funny you mentioned Full Moon, I'm "stuck" there on my "no potion play through". (I haven't been playing using the "contest" rules tho. I have been repeating levels until I clear them without potion.) I just can't solo Full Moon without potions, and I'm not sure it's even possible :?

I don't doubt that somebody could make it through Full Moon and even Necromancer with only 5 potions. (But, I do know that I can't :lol: ) In a best case scenario, I think I would use my last potion/bombs on the wave before Medusa. I really don't think I could make it any further. I know a lot of you guys can tho.

My computer is being so stupid right now, I may have "double posted". . . I'm sorry if I did.

i never gone out of my way to do Full Moon with no potions,but Red with Hawky and magic sword will do it...i'm sure of that. Spam the magic,arrows or ladder trick.problem is his drill combo is pretty weak.

I'll have a go at it this weekend.

I strongly suspect I wouldn't make it into the list of "elite" CC players that you guys are coming up with - it took me about 30 tries to solo Insane Mode with my Red Knight. Heh.

Anyway, on to the more technical aspects of this idea. I've been trying to figure out a way to create a page on the Wiki that would allow a person to calculate their Hall of Fame score by entering in their stats--something like

Character - XP - Level - White Skull? - Gold Skull?
Red Knight - 123456 - 99 - N - Y
Orange Knight - 2345678 - 99 - Y - N

I'm able to get the Wiki page to do calculations using PHP, but I'm not able to create "user input boxes" where they could put their stats in. Does anyone know how this could be done?

guys do u know a way to easily complete campaign, cuz i wanna unlock ninja

You unlock ninja by completing the game with fire demon, which you will unlock with the orange knight. An easy way to complete the campaign is skipping levels but it makes the game less fun I think. Buy plenty of potions and equip alot of +DEF stats (necromancer blade, snail) if you are dying too much.

I hope you'll unlock the ninja soon!

@otto&marbo Guys if you're gonna hold a contest I'd love to be a judge!!!

@Ninja Lord, you can "level skip" just search it up here on the forums or on the wiki and you'll find what you need to know

@otto&marbo Guys if you're gonna hold a contest I'd love to be a judge!!!

I think Otto's "me got covered" ;) I may borrow a camcorder and record a "5 potion attempt" (at some point). Maybe I can get an "honorable mention" on the list or something. :D

guys do u know a way to easily complete campaign, cuz i wanna unlock ninja

Here's some info from the Mini-Guide. (Linked in my Signature).

The Level Skipping Guide:

by: The Forgotten Knight, ZephyrX02 ^^ and Shnoggle

Only The Levels Below Must Be Completed: By completing them you will receive your gold or gray skull.

Very Important:

Exiting to the map, is how to save your game. If you didn't exit to the map, you didn't save. And likewise, if you ever see anything weird in your game like a glitch, or you have an accidental reset: Do not go to the map. If you do it will be saved that way.

Castle Keep

Barbarian Boss

Thieves Forest

Catfish

Pipistrello's Cave

Parade

Cyclops Fortress

Lava World

Industrial Castle

Pirate Ship

Desert Chase

Sand Castle Roof

Corn Boss

Medusa's Lair

Ice Castle

Final Battle x2: Defeat the wizard once, wait for credits, exit to map, exit game, start new game, and defeat the wizard again.

Important:

All the Mandatory Levels must be cleared before completing the Final Battle again. If they aren't you will have to clear them, and (only) then will playing the Final Battle again will result in a skull. As long as the character that needs the skull is alive when the Wizard dies.

This technique will leave an arrow over the Full Moon level.

How to obtain multiple skulls quickly:

You can actually get up to 3 skulls at a time by "piggy backing". Start by picking a character with the type of skull you want to get (either gold or gray). Now, you can turn on another controller, pick a character (with the second controller) that doesn't have that skull. (You could pick up to 3 players to "piggyback".) Play through the levels listed above and let the "piggy backer(s)" die in the beginning. You can go on without reviving them. (They will still get credit for completing the level. )

There is one exception: You have to be alive at the end the Final Battle (on the second play through). This is the only time a dead "piggy backer" won't cut it.

Face-1.jpgth_stats.jpg?t=1328193479

So if we do this combined XP leaderboard all of my characters will count 2 times since I did it all one handed right? :D

A combined XBLA and PSN leaderboard would be cool, but pretty dang lopsided; the game HAS been out on XBLA for 2 years longer anyways. A 5 potion run sounds pretty fun, and I'll definitely give it a shot... although my terrible camcorder cannot adequately provide proof.

So if we do this combined XP leaderboard all of my characters will count 2 times since I did it all one handed right? :D

A combined XBLA and PSN leaderboard would be cool, but pretty dang lopsided; the game HAS been out on XBLA for 2 years longer anyways. A 5 potion run sounds pretty fun, and I'll definitely give it a shot... although my terrible camcorder cannot adequately provide proof.

Yeah a 5 potion only run would be a challenge WITH dying,lets face it you could die 20 times on a lvl,edit them out and then complete the lvl and say you did it without dying...i think this is what marbo is doing.

Without dying and you'll have to do it livestream so that the whole world can witness your phenomenal skills LIVE! Thats what i'd like to do and to be officially acknoweleged the GREATEST in all mankind. Wheres my pedestal.....

Back to seriousness now...personally i'd like to watch a complete NO POTION run,that be worth me getting back into recording/playing again.

So it would go like this- any knight but 1 knight from start to finish,sword orb combo,complete insane with no potions,dying allowed.....wadya think?

by the way just uploaded doing full moon without using any potions...