Sign in to follow this  
Michael Hartlin

Wouldn't be cool if... Castle Crashers 2

Now before some person comes into the forums shouting at their computer: "It's never going to happen!" or: "What Castle Crashers 2 is coming out!?" This forum topic is a "Wouldn't it be cool if..." kind of thing.

Okay, so if Castle Crashers 2 ever came out (Which is highly unlikely) What would you want it to have that Castle Crashers Had or didin't have. My personal preference would be:

-Even more characters to play as.

-Multiple Campaigns.

-Every character actually doing something different. (don't we all?)

-(Maybe) Character restrictions for certain campaigns.

-Less bad characters and more good characters to play as (maybe an equal balance?)

-Even more weapons (with more abilities such as: Knockback effect)

-Pets with more of an impact (Maybe starter pets?)

-Characters unlocked for completing certain feats (instead of just replaying the game over and over again)

-New game modes (Such as team games, nothing complicated)

-More items, and having to leave some behind. (strategical)

-More colors of good knights (but keep the original four as starters!)

-More complex levels. (maybe?)

-More mounts (possibly pet mounts?)

-different range of weapons (Staffs, swords, bows, daggers, etc.)

-Different fighting styles (kind of like Green Knights Strong Attack.)

-Characters having own special abilities (such as Ninjer, maybe being able to run faster by default?)

-Less More balanced range of weapons.

-Maybe ability to bring an N.P.C. Teamate into battle?

-Much much more.

For Castle Crashers 2:

- Completely new character roster (no characters from CC1 except the 4 default knights unless you have a CC1 save on your console)

- Get all CC1 characters you had unlocked in CC2 if you you have a CC1 save file

- All new story levels

- Better magic balancing (red knight can only trap you for about 3-4 strikes with splash magic, industrialist magic doesn't make such short work of bosses, etc)

- Weapon leveling system with custom weapon stat system

- All players in arena matches should be heavy (like the desert soldiers and later cone heads in story mode) to prevent endless player vs player juggling

- Potions auto-use when you run out of health even if other players aren't still standing or if you're solo.

- Leader boards take into account total exp earned by all characters rather than just by the character with the most exp

- Only the host of an online story session has the ability to control the map

- All new weapons, old weapons received if they were unlocked in your CC1 save

- All new pets, old pets received if they were unlocked in your CC1 save

- Experience system that takes into account the amount of damage you cause rather than just the amount of hits you deal

- Ability to name the host of an online lobby inactive so that if after 10 seconds the host doesn't press the indicated button, the next player in the lobby can take charge and start the session

- Get rid of the option to only allow the default 4 knights

- Add an option to only allow characters a certain number of levels higher or lower than a set number

- Option for only characters that have beaten the game on at least normal to ensure the ability to play insane mode without having to kick a player

- The host chooses whether or not to start insane mode, other players do not get a say

- A game room list that shows the player all open rooms and allows more control over which room a player gets put in

That's all i got for now but if i think of others I'll add them.

Cool ideas, I'll play along. :D

Wouldn't it be cool if CC2 had:

-A 2D fighting/arena mode*.

-More 2D levels. (Like the end of Flowery Field) I think it's fun. And it really changes the game, by limiting your movement.

-A character with some sort of Tele-port magic. (If your on the right side of the screen you would teleport left, and vice versa. . . nothing crazy complicated.)

-A 2% chance of critical hit animal orb.

-An animal orb that can revive teammates.

-Possibly a character with no magic, but the capability of carrying 2 animal orbs.

-Some "steam punk" stuff might be cool. Like a crazy train ride (like the Parade level with an awesome train (maybe smoke impairs your vision. . . kinda like the fog does in Plants Vs Zombies). Some kind of giant machine with platforming gears (like Little Big Planet) might be cool too. :DMaybe these sections could be the 2D parts?

*More about the 2D fighting mode.

The 2D fighting mode could be made really simple.

Pocket Fighter is an excellent example of a simple fighter. It's basically Punch, Kick, and Special. (So you don't need an arcade stick to play it).

Click this link for info on "how to play" Pocket Fighter.

There is enough content in the game to be fun (stuff like guard crushes, guard returns, etc.), while remaining "assessable" to a beginner. Pocket Fighter (aka "Super Gem Fighter Mini-Mix") really would be a great base for the 2D arena mode.

Personal Opinions:

Almost nothing would make me happier than doing a quarter circle forward, pressing punch and seeing Alien Hominid's projectile magic.

The F.G. community actually needs beginner friendly fighters. I "hang out" on a Fight Game forum too. I see a lot of post like "where should I get started" and complaints like "there is just too much to learn at once" (and both are valid problems).

Remember guys, this is wouldn't it be cool if?

I thought some more about this, and came up with a new idea. Something like "Paper Crashers". Basically a 2D platforming/beat em up game, with the "boss battles" being more like a traditional 1 vs 1 fighting game.

The game could also feature RPG elements (outside of "leveling up" ability groups). . . Maybe there could be melee (beat em up) combat, and turn based combat (where characters could use their magic abilities). Possibly your character forms alliances for the turn based combat (the King could show up as a healer, etc).

2 separate multi-player modes would be nice (Co-operative story mode, 2D 1 vs 1 fighting game).

All of this is really far fetched. (The "Paper Crashers" game I described probably would not sell well). And those guys come up with better stuff than I can anyways. ;)

---------------------

To you new posters :) Welcome to the board. There is a thread for "Ideas for DLC content" if you would like to put some of your ideas in there. :) Ideas for downloadable content (like expansions) might get more attention in that thread. This thread is more of "what's your fantasy castle crashers game like."

(There's nothing wrong with posting here, I'm just saying that you might want to organize your ideas into that thread as well). :)

---------------------

Almost forgot: I want a big lobster to ride on that pinches people. (Not in castle crashers, in mean in like day-to-day life.) :lol:

Someone with magic like Red Knight's...

But with unlimited mana.

Lol yeah because the red knight isn't already completely OP and abused in arena matches. Why don't we just make a character that when you enter the arena you automatically win and every level you play, all the enemies and bosses just die on appearance.

Got another one:

- Each character should have at least 4 unique costumes so that all four players could potentially play as the same character and still have some distinction (for example: the first time you face the skeleton soldier in story, there aren't just bare skeletons, there's also skeletons with brown garb, grey armor and one with green armor that resembles a brute's armor)

I'll just add to my old list:

- Completely new character roster (no characters from CC1 except the 4 default knights unless you have a CC1 save on your console)

- Get all CC1 characters you had unlocked in CC2 if you you have a CC1 save file

- All new story levels

- Better magic balancing (red knight can only trap you for about 3-4 strikes with splash magic, industrialist magic doesn't make such short work of bosses, etc)

- All players in arena matches should be heavy (like the desert soldiers and later cone heads in story mode) to prevent endless player vs player juggling

- Potions auto-use when you run out of health even if other players aren't still standing or if you're solo.

- Leader boards take into account total exp earned by all characters rather than just by the character with the most exp

- Experience system that takes into account the amount of damage you cause rather than just the amount of hits you deal

- Ability to name the host of an online lobby inactive so that if after 10 seconds the host doesn't press the indicated button, the next player in the lobby can take charge and start the session

- Add an option to only allow characters a certain number of levels higher or lower than a set number

- Option for only characters that have beaten the game on at least normal to ensure the ability to play insane mode without having to kick a player

- The host chooses whether or not to start insane mode, other players do not get a say

- A game room list that shows the player all open rooms and allows more control over which room a player gets put in

I wouldn't want to sift through 60+ characters to be honest. DLC and a few fan favs should carry over. Any new characters could always mimic old characters anyways.

Make more weapon abilities with higher proc rates based on certain stats.

More overall useful pets. Less than half see regular action.

You should not be able to max out more than 2 stats and would have to build your character more uniquely.

If everyone in your online party leaves or you lag out you should be able to conitnue normally. Your game would return to the main menu with a disconnect only after you have completed the current level or died.

Host controls map

Remove starter knights only and replace with insane only when creating a party.

If invited to a nonprivate room your invitation should automatically kick the last player to enter.

Accessing the PSN menu should not pause solo cutscenes.

Longer overall campaign.

More emphasis on minigames. Kinda how volleyball is a boss.

Reduce or increase overall cost of useless pets/items or increase ability of said items.

Make it for mobile devices, PC, Mac, and Handhelds

I know its costly but utilize your own server and link ll systems together

what i'd like to see in CC2 is

You start with default sword and as you gain xp your sword abilities lvl up also,you can unlock special abilities of say kick,focus,stability,breath and others.

Also camo can be added,along with special abilities for your knight like,fast sword swap,eyes blind where bosses cant see you,sipret where you can hear bosses more clearly,silently dead where you make less noise....

i have so many of these ideas!!

I forgot to mention the potion thing. If your soloing its fine, makes the game harder imo.

In a group yes your potions should still go off.

After 99 your exp bar should still reset and just give you the HP replenishment. You should also get +1 to your HP for every time this bar is refilled. This bonus HP would not transfer to Arena.

Arena, all characters who enter the arena will have equal base stats str, def, agi, mag, mana, and hp.

Got more:

- The ability to select your weapon and animal orb after characters are chosen before an arena battle (this way you could for instance select the anti-freeze animal orb to combat a blue knight)

- The ability to select an animal orb and weapon from a menu in the pause screen at any time during a story level or on the level select map (include in this menu a favorites option so that players can look through only their preferred weapons an orbs rather than all of the ones they've collected)

Previous List:

- All new story levels

- Each character should have at least 4 unique costumes so that all four players could potentially play as the same character and still have some distinction (for example: the first time you face the skeleton soldier in story, there aren't just bare skeletons, there's also skeletons with brown garb, grey armor and one with green armor that resembles a brute's armor)

How did this get past the mods? :P

If they were to make a new Castle Crashers game I wouldn't want them to change the physics (Which would probably happen anyways) nor the level up system (again also bound to change). I'd also want my progress to cross over to the next game.

Maybe it should be a 2 GB game just to take up as much room as possible and fit as much as they can into it. :P

yes thats quite reasonable

Also there should be an option for such thing as enchantment and smithing to ale the game for time taking, in enchanting the weapon u have chosen to enchant; u could rename,(enchanring doesnt delete the od weapon)