• Twilight Sparkle
    • Applejack
    • Rainbow Dash
    • Pinkie Pie
    • Fluttershy
    • Rarity

Pinkie Pie is overrated.

The show as a whole is overrated.

You really need you opinion stated don't you?

Well it's not like these forums are really active or anything. I'm still making a point: the show is overrated.

The show as a whole is overrated.

You really need you opinion stated don't you?

Well it's not like these forums are really active or anything. I'm still making a point: the show is overrated.

You've already made that point. Like a thousand billion times. We get it, man, you don't like MLP.

Just chill, man.

Staryu.+made+on+gifsoup_de2ac8_3550652.gif

I don't watch the show, nor do I care if anyone does, but I must say the show itself seems rather annoying and intolerable to watch.

I've gotta admit, I only really like watching the episodes when one of the characters ends up having a mental breakdown. Mostly because I feel those ones really push the boundaries for the target age, wish can be super risky for this kind of show.

However I've seen a few other ones that were pretty good too. I really liked the season 2 premiere with Discord.

Edited by Splufay

I've gotta admit, I only really like watching the episodes when one of the characters ends up having a mental breakdown. Mostly because I feel those ones really push the boundaries for the target age, wish can be super risky for this kind of show.

[media]

However I've seen a few other ones that were pretty good too. I

really liked the season 2 premiere with Discord.

Well, pretty much all cartoons have mental breakdown sequences. It's really nothing bad if it's done well. They got it right, again with pinkie pie when she goes absolutely apeshit on her birthday. Too bad the end of the episode felt incredibly thrown together, I actually enjoyed a few bits of this one. Reminded me of cartman's tea party from south park.

Now the other mental breakdown sequences I'd say were incredibly boring. The one at the beginning of season 2 where twilight uses magic on that stuffy had incredibly cheesy writing and was mediocre at best. The morale to it is absolutely meaningless and it doesn't relate to anything.

And for the season 2 premiere, it's where it really jumped the shark for me. Not that I was fond of the show before, but after that I've been reluctant to watching any episode my firend sent me. I'm glad he stopped.

Hey! I'm a brony, and i really don't want to argue, but i'd just like to say that being rude, and saying mean stuff about people isn't getting you anywhere, we dont force liking the show unto you, so why should you force hating it unto us?

(Also, this is the first time i've been to these hallowed forums in a really long time, so hey everypony! How have things been going?)

Edited by megan
keeping things family friendly

I don't watch the show, nor do I care if anyone does, but I must say the show itself seems rather annoying and intolerable to watch.

I thought the same thing at first. I actually took the time to watch a couple of episodes and I have to say that it's not as bad as it seems. It's not really my thing, but I can see why people like the show.

Well, pretty much all cartoons have mental breakdown sequences. It's really nothing bad if it's done well. They got it right, again with pinkie pie when she goes absolutely apeshit on her birthday. Too bad the end of the episode felt incredibly thrown together, I actually enjoyed a few bits of this one. Reminded me of cartman's tea party from south park.

Now the other mental breakdown sequences I'd say were incredibly boring. The one at the beginning of season 2 where twilight uses magic on that stuffy had incredibly cheesy writing and was mediocre at best. The morale to it is absolutely meaningless and it doesn't relate to anything.

And for the season 2 premiere, it's where it really jumped the shark for me. Not that I was fond of the show before, but after that I've been reluctant to watching any episode my firend sent me. I'm glad he stopped.

For a show you hate so much you know quite a bit about it. It seems to me like you don't hate the show as much as the berserk fans who make the rest of the fans look bad. Maybe psychology is causing me to look too much into this but, maybe you actually don't hate the show as much as you want everyone to believe. Maybe you don't love the show but you at least like it enough to continue to watch it. Now like so many people, you try to hide your MLP love (or just liking) maybe this is because of the internet, maybe it's because of something that happened in irl. Either way something happened that caused you to look down on the community and probably (maybe) yourself as well. Rather than taking a blow to the ego either through fear, disgust, or something you decide to overcompensate and go on a full anti bronie crusade. It's very understandable especially with the way Western culture (That's North America and Europe mind you) is structured. I don't know though. I'm probably assuming too much and I'm probably over analyzing. Plus it's 1 am and I haven't put much thought into it tbh haha, :-P

For a show you hate so much you know quite a bit about it. It seems to me like you don't hate the show as much as the berserk fans who make the rest of the fans look bad. Maybe psychology is causing me to look too much into this but, maybe you actually don't hate the show as much as you want everyone to believe. Maybe you don't love the show but you at least like it enough to continue to watch it. Now like so many people, you try to hide your MLP love (or just liking) maybe this is because of the internet, maybe it's because of something that happened in irl. Either way something happened that caused you to look down on the community and probably (maybe) yourself as well. Rather than taking a blow to the ego either through fear, disgust, or something you decide to overcompensate and go on a full anti bronie crusade. It's very understandable especially with the way Western culture (That's North America and Europe mind you) is structured. I don't know though. I'm probably assuming too much and I'm probably over analyzing. Plus it's 1 am and I haven't put much thought into it tbh haha, :-P

That's quite an assumption here.

Look, I might have criticized it a bit too much, but the whole praise around every single thing My Little Pony is mostly due to a bandwagon, and although it was fun for a time to have people all over the place "Hi I'm acting all against my presumed gender role by pretending I like this show", it wasn't funny for longer than a few weeks.

It's when I realized people actually liked the show out of pure conformism that I completely stopped even going as far as try to understand bronies. And you won't be able to say I didn't try: I watched all of season one just to make sure it wasn't just the first few episodes that were incredibly boring - I knew what I was in for, watching a show intended for little girls, but even from an objective point of view it's just nowhere as good as some people want to make it look like it is.

I know right now trying to pass me off as a closet brony would be pretty easy, and to that I say: no. I watched the first season to make a point: Watching the show objectively and not in an attempt to hop on the brony bandwagon, it's just not a good show. For all the reasons I have previously stated, upon which I will not elaborate any longer because at that point I think I've already conveyed my opinion just about enough.

It's when I realized people actually liked the show out of pure conformism

This is quite the assumption as well.

For all the reasons I have previously stated, upon which I will not elaborate any longer because at that point I think I've already conveyed my opinion just about enough.

Your reasons so far have been 99% complaining about the fans and 1% "This show is better." The only arguments you've made against the actual show are its use of flash animation (which was more of an opening to say "this show is better") and its morals (which take up less than a minute of each episode).

haters gonna hate. i personally dont have anything against MLP, ive watch the first couple episodes, i could see how it could garner the following it has. just not my cup of tea. now regular show and adventure time, those are my shows. especially regular show

It's when I realized people actually liked the show out of pure conformism

This is quite the assumption as well.

For all the reasons I have previously stated, upon which I will not elaborate any longer because at that point I think I've already conveyed my opinion just about enough.

Your reasons so far have been 99% complaining about the fans and 1% "This show is better." The only arguments you've made against the actual show are its use of flash animation (which was more of an opening to say "this show is better") and its morals (which take up less than a minute of each episode).

I could very well make a commentary of a whole episode pointing out animation lazyness and plot holes as well as terrible scripting and sexual innuendos everywhere, but do you want me to do that? I don't think so.

If your complete disregarding of every single of my point so far hasn't proved how stubborn you were about defending this abortion of a show then I guess there's nothing I can do but tell you to get out of this dumb set of mind of yours and watch it objectively, as a 20 year old that has seen the much freaking better shows back in the nineties and then you'll probably wonder how you ended up watching THIS:

reconsider, before you start writing an unthoughtful and predictable reply.

I could very well make a commentary of a whole episode pointing out animation lazyness and plot holes as well as terrible scripting and sexual innuendos everywhere, but do you want me to do that? I don't think so.

If your complete disregarding of every single of my point so far hasn't proved how stubborn you were about defending this abortion of a show then I guess there's nothing I can do but tell you to get out of this dumb set of mind of yours and watch it objectively, as a 20 year old that has seen the much freaking better shows back in the nineties and then you'll probably wonder how you ended up watching THIS:

reconsider, before you start writing an unthoughtful and predictable reply.

Dude, the show doesn't have to have revolutionary animation. Not to mention it has to have the most brilliant plot that leaves everyone in awe. I just watch the show for the all around happy atmosphere it creates. I don't watch it to laugh, to be wowed, hell, I don't really even watch it expecting to be completely entertained. I just watch it because it's impossible for me not to feel happy while I'm watching an episode. And I've never seen a single sexual innuendo from this show, but if there really are some in the show, I'd find that more funny than anything.

And if anything, you seem to be the one who's leaving unthoughtful and predictable responses, seeing as though you keep bringing up old points over and over again.

Dude, the show doesn't have to have revolutionary animation. Not to mention it has to have the most brilliant plot that leaves everyone in awe. I just watch the show for the all around happy atmosphere it creates. I don't watch it to laugh, to be wowed, hell, I don't really even watch it expecting to be completely entertained. I just watch it because it's impossible for me not to feel happy while I'm watching an episode. And I've never seen a single sexual innuendo from this show, but if there really are some in the show, I'd find that more funny than anything.

And if anything, you seem to be the one who's leaving unthoughtful and predictable responses, seeing as though you keep bringing up old points over and over again.

How is that even a point? All "happy" shows aren't good. Heck, I've seen a whole lot of "happy" spirited shows that were frankly terrible. That kind of review is exactly the kind of stuff a kid would bring up. Oh wait, this show is meant for kids! You know, the ones who can stand watching a show with mediocre plot and animation!

But now that you have the possibility to be more subjective and watch stuff that's actually good, you go back to my little pony and pretend it's actually good, giving the only reason that "it's happy".

I could sum your post up in one quote:

I don't watch it to laugh, to be wowed, hell, I don't really even watch it expecting to be completely entertained.

So you're watching the show for no reason. Now you really sound like you're watching it just to be ~cool~.

Edited by scarabix

How is that even a point? All "happy" shows aren't good. Heck, I've seen a whole lot of "happy" spirited shows that were frankly terrible. That kind of review is exactly the kind of stuff a kid would bring up. Oh wait, this show is meant for kids! You know, the ones who can stand watching a show with mediocre plot and animation!

But now that you have the possibility to be more subjective and watch stuff that's actually good, you go back to my little pony and pretend it's actually good, giving the only reason that "it's happy".

I really don't see how you're getting this from what I've said. Almost every time you've responded to one of my comments, you mention how there's such a better show out there that I should be watching. You're assuming that this is the only show I watch, and it isn't. I watch shows that I find are much much better than this, and I enjoy those shows more than I do this one.

Really, I could counter your argument with one of the most hypocritical things I've ever read in your post.

But now that you have the possibility to be more subjective and watch stuff that's actually good you go back to my little pony

I really cannot believe you actually said that. I get that you hate this show. In fact, I'm sure the entire world gets that by this point. There are always going to be shows you like more than others. Yet you always watch all of them because you still enjoy them.

So you're watching the show for no reason. Now you really sound like you're watching it just to be ~cool~.

All these assumptions you've been making are literally ridiculous. Why on earth would I watch this show to feel accepted on the internet? No, I don't watch it to be 'cool'. I watch it solely because it literally just makes me happy. I really don't get why you don't feel I can use this to back myself up, because it's the truth. The show just. makes. me. happy. Not a single other show I've ever watched is able to do this. I've watched shows that make me laugh, but I never actually find myself smiling during the entire episode, like I do with this show.

I really don't see why you have to get so hurt over all of this. Honestly, this whole debate you've started up on this thread is sickening, because you provoked it all on your own, and you continuously feel the need to revive this tizzy even though we've attempted to drop it. Several times. None of us have ever in any way tried to influence you're stance on this show until you started up this debate. If you really feel the need to debate this, go find someone on YouTube who's consistently trying to force this show down people's throats and leave us be.

Edited by megan
keeping things family friendly

Completely ignoring my point?

I really don't see how you're getting this from what I've said. Almost every time you've responded to one of my comments, you mention how there's such a better show out there that I should be watching. You're assuming that this is the only show I watch, and it isn't. I watch shows that I find are much much better than this, and I enjoy those shows more than I do this one.

Check

Self contradiction?

I watch shows that I find are much much better than this, and I enjoy those shows more than I do this one.

[...]

The show just. makes. me. happy. Not a single other show I've ever watched is able to do this. I've watched shows that make me laugh, but I never actually find myself smiling during the entire episode, like I do with this show.

Check

I really don't see why you have to get so butthurt over all of this.

Double check

Assuming you have any rights to tell me where I should be?

you should just leave this thread.

Checked

Just my two cents: some of the things you said were against the rules. Telling someone to leave and to using the word "butthurt" is not something you want to do here.

Edited by scarabix

Being the only show that can make me happy doesn't mean it's better than the others. I still enjoy laughing hysterically more than I do just smiling. I could've clarified that one more, but I figured when I said it that people would be able to interpret it as such.

Getting butthurt, I'm only annoyed because we're trying to maintain a proper conversation about the show right now but you keep budding it to voice your opinion which you already have, several times over.

As for leaving the thread, I think I had the rights to say that seeing as though many people have already pointed out your annoyance in the thread so far.

And I didn't need to invalidate anything you've said because everyone already has because you've stated them so many times.

Edited by Splufay

As for leaving the thread, I think I had the rights to say that seeing as though many people have already pointed out your annoyance in the thread so far.

You're right! Multiple people have, although not blatantly disagreed with me, so you are the majority here and are obviously entitled to call me everything you want and tell me what to do, right?

The only way I could have avoided that sarcasm would have netted me a godwin point. Think before you post

And I didn't need to invalidate anything you've said because everyone already has because you've stated them so many times.

Okay, so you definitely didn't read my posts. Each of my points were distinct and precise, and you did need to try and invalidate my points, because that is how arguing works. Since you didn't, my opinion stands as the most educated, and at least the more likely to be somewhere near correct.

You again insisted on insulting me and justifying yourself by saying you belong to the majority. This does not contribute anything, and you should rethink your ways to argue.

You're right! Multiple people have, although not blatantly disagreed with me, so you are the majority here and are obviously entitled to call me everything you want and tell me what to do, right?

The only way I could have avoided that sarcasm would have netted me a godwin point. Think before you post

I'm not trying to be rude. Literally, I am just stating the facts. Trying to discuss the show. Shooting a person down by assuming they watch the show because they feel it makes them 'cool'. Which one is a bit more arrogant, here? Not to mention you basically came right out and said that you think all of us bronies fap off constantly.

Okay, so you definitely didn't read my posts. Each of my points were distinct and precise, and you did need to try and invalidate my points, because that is how arguing works. Since you didn't, my opinion stands as the most educated, and at least the more likely to be somewhere near correct.

You again insisted on insulting me and justifying yourself by saying you belong to the majority. This does not contribute anything, and you should rethink your ways to argue.

No, if you would have read my post, you would have noticed that the only thing I argued was my belief on why I enjoy the show. And I think I did a pretty good job at that, seeing as though you didn't actually make a response to what I had said in that post.

I'm not trying to be rude. Literally, I am just stating the facts. Trying to discuss the show. Shooting a person down by assuming they watch the show because they feel it makes them 'cool'. Which one is a bit more arrogant, here? Not to mention you basically came right out and said that you think all of us bronies fap off constantly.

Oh, please. You're going to blame the pony pornography on the "other half" of the fandom, like every single brony does? If everyone blames everyone, then everybody is into the pornography, and if you keep blaming each other I seriously doubt there is any such thing as "loving and tolerating" in this fandom. You guys are utterly bad.

Also, I never shot you down. This is not IRL and I do not own guns. However, if you get the feeling that I completely destroyed what you said, I'd rather said that I proved you wrong, multiple times.

No, if you would have read my post, you would have noticed that the only thing I argued was my belief on why I enjoy the show. And I think I did a pretty good job at that, seeing as though you didn't actually make a response to what I had said in that post.

I didn't even manage to make any sense out of that. I could to the exact same thing, go ahead and try to argue with that in your next post:

casse-tete_5.gif

There is nothing to argue here, because it simply has nothing to do here, and if it does it's really not expressed the right way.

Boy, it's getting meta over here.

Oh, please. You're going to blame the pony pornography on the "other half" of the fandom, like every single brony does? If everyone blames everyone, then everybody is into the pornography, and if you keep blaming each other I seriously doubt there is any such thing as "loving and tolerating" in this fandom. You guys are utterly bad.

Again, with the assumptions. Just because a person watches the show, doesn't mean they follow it as a religion. I don't support clopping, and even though it doesn't bother me that much that people do it, it's still insulting that they're the stereotypical brony. Obviously I don't love and tolerate the way the show says you should, otherwise I'd be discussing why I love Pinkie Pie so much right now, and not this.

I didn't even manage to make any sense out of that. I could to the exact same thing, go ahead and try to argue with that in your next post:

you took my post. you didn't make a comeback to anything I had said. instead, you just took everything I said, and assumed (hey look, that word again.) that it was against other points made in my post, in which, it wasn't.

Edited by Splufay

Both the fans and haters of this show are mostly zealous and over-defensive about their liking or disliking of it.

Here we witness exactly this.

Zealous haters are no better than "clopping" bronies.

I don't consider myself a zealous hater since I have reasons and arguments.

And I don't see exactly what would put anyone down to the level of someone who -- to cartoon horses.

Edited by megan
Keeping things family friendly

Alright peoples, lets keep it on topic. This was a poll for your favorite character and if you don't have one, then don't vote. Let's keep it simple, please.

I don't consider myself a zealous hater since I have reasons and arguments.

And I don't see exactly what would put anyone down to the level of someone who -- to cartoon horses.

I think you've already overstated your opinion. Whether anyone here is a bronie or not, why would that be anyone else's business? :|