lolxrobo

Leauge Of Legends

A few friends and I used to played this a while ago. I always used Ashe, then about 2 months in of me playing they nerfed her lol.

If you don't mind the elitism, it's not a bad team based strategy game. I prefer dota myself though.

Also I like how you're trying to recruit guys so you can increase your recruit numbers. You're not even being sneaky about it with your get to level 5 remark lol.

Honestly burnt out on League. It just stops being fun at a certain point unless your playing with four other people in the same room/ skype, while playfully talking trash to one another. Would intern for Riot in a heartbeat though

I love League. I have over 1000 wins c:

My name is Cakehoarder. Hit me up if you wanna play.

Revival post

I just started playing some League, and I find it pretty enjoyable. At first I thought the 1 week characters was a stupid idea and it turned me off, but now it doesn't bother me all that much.

I heard that the community for this game sucks...

It's considered one of the worst haha

That's why I never want to play it, I assume everyone will hate me because I'm new

Nah, it won't be that bad, just play the game and stay respectful, ignore the trolls and you'll be fine. I've played it a while ago and it's really not that bad, though I've never actively browsed their forums, so I can't say how bad that is. In the time which I have played (which was +- 3 years), I think I've reported about 10 people for abusive behaviour, which is relatively low compared to other online games I tend to play.

tl;dr; Just go and play, it ain't that bad.

Edited by Tomster1000

I heard that the community for this game sucks...

It's considered one of the worst haha

That's why I never want to play it, I assume everyone will hate me because I'm new

That's exactly what happens. I've only ever met one person who hasn't experienced that, and they were playing the Chinese version.

Also today I found my friend's three year old sister plays this. And she's not even terrible. 

Also today I found my friend's three year old sister plays this. And she's not even terrible.

That must be one smart three year old, league can get hard. I do not even think I could read when I was three which made me go through Pokémon Gold just guessing what to do next.

People say the community is horrible, but im pretty sure that is just people playing the super hardcore ranked matches. I just play player matches because I would get destroyed if I went anywhere near ranked, and for the most part I found everybody really nice. I think I met one person who was freaking out over everything, but it's pretty easy to ignore people when you can only communicate with them through text chat. The amount of generally nice people also outweigh that one angry guy, as I actually added a couple to my friends list we got along so great.

The thing you have to remember is when starting League, is that it matches you with people around your rank. If you just a beginner, you are ranked with other beginner's, who are probably hoping that nobody will get extremely hardcore with them just like you when you start.

Not sure about your expereince, but even in beginner player matches (the ones designed for new people) people still expect you to know strategy and plays and pretty mcuh everything there is to know about the game, and if you don't know then they rage.

This is why so many people I know can barely get to double digit levels without hating their experience. There are bad communities as a whole, it's not like LoL is a unique thing, but it's stands out for being a rage hard community in general.

Also this is just personal experience and opinion but, I have never really seen a Rank system that actaully puts you with people around your rank. I've seen things that are close, but they always fall flat. Including LoL.

Maybe I have just gotten incredibly lucky matches then. Because from experience, I had a pretty pleasant time, even when I didn't know how to play or how to do something.

Maybe I have just gotten incredibly lucky matches then. Because from experience, I had a pretty pleasant time, even when I didn't know how to play or how to do something.

^ That

I think you've had some bad luck with those haters. Like I stated before, I had only sent 10 reports in my 3 years of playing LoL, even counting my beginners days at LoL. Perhaps it has turned worse in the time that I've been gone, but that's just 1 year, so that probably isn't the case.

Edited by Tomster1000

^ That

I think you've had some bad luck with those haters. Like I stated before, I had only sent 10 reports in my 3 years of playing LoL, even counting my beginners days at LoL. Perhaps it has turned worse in the time that I've been gone, but that's just 1 year, so that probably isn't the case.

Normally I would agree, but getting a few weeks worth of bad players is one thing. getting nearly six months worth of it is another. I normally think the "my personal experience and those who I've known have experienced this" thing is a bunch of crap. However, these weren't isolated incidents of random experience. This was consistent and continuous event that spanned over a semi long period of  time, and to hurt the opposition's point further it's not like the general consensus argues against the point at all. In fact it's more in favor of what I say than anything else.

Every single one of my friend plays it, none of my friends will get off it. gets me mad.

Fixed for me.

I guess I'll play some games again, I'm quite curious how this could have went into such a downfall lately.

i haven't touched the game in two years so my personal experience only goes so far. I've known the community hasn't improved much, but at the same time more people have watered it down. Your more likely to find better games, but as a community it's still considered on of the worse.