daggerx222

Is Bbt Going To Be Canceled?

I hate to be the one to say it, as i have been eagerly awaiting this game since before it was even announced. But is this game going to be canceled?

Let me level with you for a second.

This game has never been given a release date, yet it has looked as it was on the horizon for a few years.

In gameplay videos a lot of the stuff looked done and polished, and i understand its a small team, and i understand they are making sure its expansive, fun, and perfect before they release it. However, its been quite a while, and this generation of consoles is coming to its end. Soon the WII U will be here, and followed by the next consoles from Sony and In this case Microsoft. Maybe i'm being a pessimist, but from a bystanders point of view, i see a lot of signs of a canceled game, although i really hope not, i am looking forward to this game quite a bit.

What do you guys think?

Castle Crashers took this long, yadda yadda etc etc.

The reason it all looks so polished is because they're taking the polished stuff and making it even better. If you don't believe me, look at one of the first gameplay videos. It looks like they could've easily released it years ago, but now compare that gameplay video to one of the most recent ones and notice the drastic difference. The game literally looked rather boring at first, but now it looks like a blast.

And I highly doubt the Xbox is going anywhere for a loooong time. Just look at the lineup for Xbox games on E3.

Not to mention an interview states that the game will be released before the end of the year, so yippie.

I think the behemoth has more tricks under their sleeves. Their game making tools could easily adapt to new consoles, I'm sure. It would open more doors than it would close. Whatever happens they could port their game to other consoles, not easily, but with a bit of work. We're talking about the guys who made alien hominid run on a game boy advance here.

we'd be crazy to cancel after investing 3 years into the thing :)

• Upvote 4

we'd be crazy to cancel after investing 3 years into the thing :)

three years? Wow, that went fast.

I heard it's because Dan insists on testing everything himself and won't let anyone else play the game. Even the 16-player multiplayer.

I heard it's because Dan insists on testing everything himself and won't let anyone else play the game. Even the 16-player multiplayer.

im not so sure about that ive seen a video of emil and someone else playing it

You're just being pessimistic, the next gen consoles won't even be out for a couple more years, and even then it'll be another year or two before all of the bugs are worked out of the systems

Hahah i hope we just don't get another duke nukem forever and by the time it comes out i have lost all interest!

Even if The Behemoth decided, 'Hey, let's make BBT as crappy as humanly possible!', it would still be better than Duke Nukem Forever.

• Upvote 1

Hahah i hope we just don't get another duke nukem forever and by the time it comes out i have lost all interest!

Even if The Behemoth decided, 'Hey, let's make BBT as crappy as humanly possible!', it would still be better than Duke Nukem Forever.

This.

Just remember, this game is taking the same amount of time castle crashers did. No one complained during castle crashers.

Im pretty sure they announced this game way earlier though, so it feels longer

Just remember, this game is taking the same amount of time castle crashers did. No one complained during castle crashers.

We announced Castle Crashers 4 months in. I think BattleBlock was around that same amount. We'll make it worth it, I promise :)

Duke Nukem Forever wasn't terrible. People like to hate it because everyone else does. But for the record BBT will almost definitely be better.

The Behemoth earned most of its fame from Castle Crashers. That's why so many more people are aware of BBT, therefore impatient for its release.

Duke Nukem Forever wasn't terrible. People like to hate it because everyone else does. But for the record BBT will almost definitely be better.

In a sense, you're right. It really isn't terrible. But it's certainly not good. I actually was JUST playing it, to be honest, because I've been wanting to give it a try again since this post, and it isn't as bad as I remember it being. But it really tends to feel like it drags on. Not to mention the excessive amount of F-bombs throughout the game, trying to add to the already amazingly offensive, 'humor'. I guess that offensive humor is a trademark of Duke, but, I still don't enjoy it, nor do I really enjoy the game.

And yeah, i'm rather confident BBT will leave more of a lasting mark on me.

So im guessing the PS3 and Wii U ports will take two years per system? Im just joking!

kinda...

Edited by True213

Well being a kid when i first picked up Alien Hominid for the Gamecube, i can say i will wait for anything these guys create. Yes i am allowed to say i grew up on Behemoth cause i played the gamecube game, found out it came to xbox, and then later realized there was thing thing called Castle Crashers? yeah beat that at least 20 times now. Gonna have to play it again now lol.

But people keep saying things like "BBT is going into development hell!" or "WHY ARE YOU TAKING SOOO LONG BEHEMOTH!!!" Even though it is taking the same amount of time as CC, It just feels longer. Edited by ChampionRage

True, true...

ChampionRage, please refrain from necrobumping old threads without adding anything significant to the conversation.

Played BBT at conventions and down to wait. It'll come out at some point...someday. I'm now curious what their optimal timeframe to launch is; when they'll start hyping it up and getting the media blitz going. What does the Behemoth have up their sleeve to do this?

And am I the only one picturing Dan bent over a computer, beard reaching critical mass, implementing an animation before staring off into the distance and uttering, "Its complete."?

That would be a sight to behold.