Sign in to follow this  
megan

Castle Crashers Belt Buckle Prototype

Castle Crashers Belt Buckle Design #1  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of feeeeeelings does this belt buckle design evoke in you? (Choose all that apply)

• Even though it isn’t a Necro belt buckle, I like it and would wear it.
    • The size looks just right.
    • The size looks a little small.
    • The size looks a little big.
    • Man, I was looking forward to the big honkin Behemoth size belt buckle!
    • John should do more work because it should be a Necro belt buckle.

As you may have already heard, we're doing a Kickstarter for the Necromancer figurine! We wanted to get the opinion of the community to see if there's any interest in a belt buckle design we're making for one of the rewards for people pledging on the Kickstarter campaign.

post-2340-0-88702300-1340671184_thumb.jpg

Here’s a quick prototype of the belt buckle for one of the rewards. It’s kinda cool and actually larger than how it seems in the first picture. The final size will be 3” wide by 2” high and made of two different cast metals. Now, this is what we need you to do.

Step 1 Look at your belly button

Step 2 Look a little further down

Step 3 Not that far.

Step 4 Look at your belt buckle. (if you are not wearing a belt, or pants, please proceed to step 5.)

Step 5 Think about if your belt would enjoy a new belt buckle friend.

Step 6 Tell us what you think. Vote on the poll by choosing all that apply.

post-2340-0-73714300-1340671325_thumb.jpg

post-2340-0-88702300-1340671184_thumb.jp

post-2340-0-73714300-1340671325_thumb.jp

Step 3 made my day. :lol:

But, overall, the buckle looks great. The size may look just a bit small, but it's probably just me.

Edited by Zephyr

It's good, but not great. There's only a few characters on it to begin with. From an artistic perspective, it lacks in aesthetic appeal in that the image itself doesn't quite speak to you or visually come alive when you look at it. Simply not enough going on in the foreground, middleground, and background. More characters including enemies and bosses could really enhance the image. Something similar to the cover art of Super Castlevania 4 would be nice.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/fc/Super_Castlevania_IV_USA.jpg

That said, it's still decent and probably a good thing to own for Behemoth fans. Personally, I would prefer a wallet with artwork. That would be more practical for me.

Out of all things, all of a sudden, castle crashers belt buckle. It's neat, but I don't think I'm looking fowards to that. I have yet to buy my own squish chicken, so I think that's more of a priority

Could make a really cool Necromancer design. I'd draw what I have in mind, but I suck at drawing. I was thinking about something like the Necromancer standing on a pile of skulls, with the POV from the top right of him, pointing his sword towards the viewers perspective. Sorry if that's hard to follow, but I think it'd be cool

Hahaha. I am laughing because this belt buckle was my idea. Let me explain. A couple years ago before I bought Castle Crashers I looked at the game in their online store. When I saw the medallion it came with I thought it was a belt buckle. Later that year after I bought the game on XBLA, I went to Comic-Con to purchase a copy of the game for my cousin so he could have the game and I could have the "belt buckle". When I went up to the Behemoth Booth to purchase the game I asked if the "belt buckle" came with the game. They looked at me strangely and asked what belt buckle. I told them about the medallion. They explained what it was but and in the end I was disappointed but I told them I was destined to make it into a belt buckle. One of the people there said. "You know what that's actually not a bad idea. If you happen to make it please post a picture on the Forums. He wrote his name and the name of their forums on a piece of paper but I lost it some weeks after Comic-Con and never remembered to post a picture so here I am.

To Mr. John Baez,

I am sorry for posting this picture so late. I lost your name somewhere and completely forgot about the belt (for some reason even though its my only belt). Since I've become more active in the forums in the past couple of months I've remembered what you said. So here is my belt:

306939_2974967232550_2104182867_n.jpg380679_2974964032470_569104424_n.jpg

I can see that you guys have already been donated 200% of your original Kickstarter goal but I still wish you the best of luck with it. Hopefully I will be seeing you again at Comic-Con in July.

-Hoboking257

Edited by Hoboking257

I really like the belt buckle. I think you guys should design some more and maybe even think about putting them up in the store. I know I'd buy a couple of them.

why not a belt buckle featuring the 4 main? I don't want a necro or this barbarian one, Honestly I want a teddy bear one, I love those guys! the little blood on the mouth is so great

I went all the way to step 5 and realized that my belt would like a "Battleblock Theater"-themed friend! Maybe one with that antlered-raccoon creature (someone's gonna have to tell me what those guys are called). MY BODY IS READY!