ChampionRage

Psn Arena

I have Castle Crashers for my PS3 and Alien Hominid HD for my Xbox. I found arena really fun but It is extremely hard to find a lobby. When I actually find one, it is only 1v1. It makes me wish I got the Xbox version due to it having 3x as many sales and I don't want to purchase the game twice. Last arena match I had the guy made us do treasure instead of melee. I started to beat him and he rage quit. So can people on PSN please play Ranked Arena more often?

Honestly, the only reason I stopped playing was because it was so isolated. After 1,000 wins it got very excessive and boring, too.

Try talking to SKOSSMAN; I'm sure he still plays both his PS3s (at the same time) quite often in arena.

Honestly Xbox arena isn't that much better. It's not very popular and more often I just get people who want to play Treasure, or Quickdraw.

Of the people who do play melee are either going for the achievement and aren't very good, or the hardcore players like Wooty, who can combo you into oblivion if you don't know what you're doing. The best way to play arena, is with friends. Just my opinion.

Edited by T Diamond

I have all the trophies except for the one where you need 40 wins in arena. If anybody wants to play arena hmu!

I've played about 2 arena matches and won one

Almost there!

YeahcI guess it is pretty impossible to get people to play more arena with just starting a topic. I use the brute for arena and I juggle long in campaign but very short in arena. I use ( I will say this in xbox controls cause it is faster) XXYY. Know any good arena juggles? Just wish more people played.

The standard arena juggle is XYY, XYY, XY, XYY, XY, XY, XY- although, it is random how high the opponent is sent upwards so you may need to vary it occasionally. There are three viable "starters" for this in the arena. A+X, dash Y, and RT+A (magic jump).

The magic jump is the safest and overall most effective combo starter as it is unblockable and comes out instantly- making it very difficult to punish. The lunge is is the most risky approach as it can be blocked, leaving you vulnerable. A+X is more of a spacing/poking tool, but works great on inexperienced players.

Good luck finding matches, it's been a long time since I've popped in there myself.

I hope that the PSN tournament of champion contestants isn't determined by your placing in the arena like the Xbox one! Because I couldn't see that as being fair considering that you can almost NEVER get a match D: D: D:

I guess it's different if it's a weekly rank... but then again I'm not even in the top 100 for "Castle Crashers" I took a break and now I'm back in the 1000's.

but Ill get back to the hundreds pretty quick I'm sure

Unless it got changed very recently weekly rankings on PSN isn't really weekly rankings. It uses the full record of that player's highest ranked character, just like the normal rankings. All that person has to do is play 1 match that week.

So if they go by that, my spot is secured if I just play once... pretty unfair really.

I usually just create a game then mess with my computer until I get a match.

Only thing is. it's starting to burn in my tv. :(

Yes, I'd really like to improve my current record of 2 wins / 2 losses. :(

Don't be so negative guys, I'm sure that once The Behemoth sets a date for the PSN ToC and gets the word out more people will be playing arena. The blog post said Fall, so we've got almost 2 months minimum before the tournament takes place.

Don't be so negative guys, I'm sure that once The Behemoth sets a date for the PSN ToC and gets the word out more people will be playing arena. The blog post said Fall, so we've got almost 2 months minimum before the tournament takes place.

It actually said sometime in November. ;-)

So we have about 3 months to prepare.

I'm also hoping they won't strictly adhere to the "you must be in the top 100" rule on PSN in order to qualify...since there's almost no way I can get up there in 3 months. Still, it's awesome that they're hosting one!

P.S. +1 to Ender for using Baxter Stockman as an avatar.

I'm also hoping they won't strictly adhere to the "you must be in the top 100" rule on PSN in order to qualify...since there's almost no way I can get up there in 3 months. Still, it's awesome that they're hosting one!

well you only have to be top 100 for the weekly ranked. That is a lot easier.

well you only have to be top 100 for the weekly ranked. That is a lot easier.

PSN is different.

Playing just once a week will get your "Lifetime" rank to show on the "Weekly" leaderboards. Halfcoordinated stated this earlier.

Example:

Say I'm Ranked #5 in Arena. If I play just one game in Arena, my Weekly ranking will be #5 or higher. So whether the 4 people above me play that week or not may determine my rank as #4 or #3. :geek:

For Halfcoordinated and myself, we only have to play one game to rank among the Top 10 weekly players. NOT FAIR, IS IT?

Oh damn! I didn't realize the ranking was different. That really isn't fair at all.

Yep! So either they're going to have to come up with a completely different system of determining eligibility, or PSN CC is going to get an update soon (Blacksmith please).

Yep! So either they're going to have to come up with a completely different system of determining eligibility, or PSN CC is going to get an update soon (Blacksmith please).

No update necessary for the Blacksmith. He's already in the game, along with Hatty. :evil: