BFG

Important Lesson: Back Up Your Saved Games, Kids!

So, over 3 months ago I mentioned on the forums that my PS3 quit working. Just last week, I was told that it could not be repaired.

Unfortunately, it's not possible to copy data from one PS3 hard drive to another, unless both hard drives are in the original PS3 consoles.

Translation: I lost ALL of my Castle Crashers progress. Every character. Every weapon. Every Animal Orb. Every Gold Skull and Level 99. All of it.

If only I'd used the Backup Feature when I could have...

So, over 3 months ago I mentioned on the forums that my PS3 quit working. Just last week, I was told that it could not be repaired.

Unfortunately, it's not possible to copy data from one PS3 hard drive to another, unless both hard drives are in the original PS3 consoles.

Translation: I lost ALL of my Castle Crashers progress. Every character. Every weapon. Every Animal Orb. Every Gold Skull and Level 99. All of it.

If only I'd used the Backup Feature when I could have...

yeah sad....but look at it this way...you can do it all again,and this time you'll know what your doing....should be a breeze....or as you say "a walk in the park". got to think positive bro.

yeah sad....but look at it this way...you can do it all again,and this time you'll know what your doing....should be a breeze....or as you say "a walk in the park". got to think positive bro.

Very true! Already I have virtually all the characters, weapons and Animal Orbs unlocked. And it's encouraged me to learn better juggling techniques since I want to level back up quickly. (Halfcoordinated--I'm not nearly as rusty as I was that one time we played!)

So far, the most interesting moment has been hearing online players' surprise when they see that I know how to juggle and attack each boss's pattern despite having no characters over level 25. I regularly out-XP the level 99s :)

Wow, that kinda sucks. Sorry about your loss.

Did they say anything about your old PS3? Like what they couldn't fix and such?

im surprised the ps3 never had some kind of backup feature to recover it..

the xbox saves everything to the profile and if you recover it .. it comes back

The closest thing we have to that on PSN, is an option that saves like 300 MB of data online. But it's a PlayStation Plus exclusive. :|

The PS3 doesn't have memory cards you can use?

We have Flash Drives, but I think SD cards work too, although I'm not too sure.

Edited by Zephyr

Very true! Already I have virtually all the characters, weapons and Animal Orbs unlocked. And it's encouraged me to learn better juggling techniques since I want to level back up quickly. (Halfcoordinated--I'm not nearly as rusty as I was that one time we played!)

So far, the most interesting moment has been hearing online players' surprise when they see that I know how to juggle and attack each boss's pattern despite having no characters over level 25. I regularly out-XP the level 99s :)

That is all good to hear, BFG! However, you SHOULD be out- XPing level 99s if you're playing well, since they kill enemies in less hits and XP is based on hits landed.

That is all good to hear, BFG! However, you SHOULD be out- XPing level 99s if you're playing well, since they kill enemies in less hits and XP is based on hits landed.

'Tis an excellent point!

Wow, that kinda sucks. Sorry about your loss.

Did they say anything about your old PS3? Like what they couldn't fix and such?

Yep. They were able to get the old one to start up again, but it couldn't display anything. I wanted to try to start the Backup Utility on it blind, but they'd already sent it to be recycled.

i need to be wary of this...i'm getting a PS3 at Xmas.

If you get a 160GB or 320GB you shouldn't worry too much. They're made to last the longest.

We're talking about the original 60GB model here. Mine broke too.

If you get a 160GB or 320GB you shouldn't worry too much. They're made to last the longest.

Yep. And to make matters worse, I had the Folding@Home program (which folds proteins and sends the results to Stanford, to help with the study of genetic diseases) pretty much all the time, so it was always running hot. If I'd known the first generation PS3s were this susceptible to heat failure, I wouldn't have run the program, and probably never would have had a problem.

i need to be wary of this...i'm getting a PS3 at Xmas.

thnx for that ....i know diddely squat about the PS3.