Saviorself

Tournament Of Champions Major Issue?

Hello I just received a reply to one of my email about this tournament. I was ranked 6th in the weekly rankings for the week of August 13th-17th.The the reply to my email said i was 144. I have been practicing with numerous others who are in the tourny and am currently talking to MadBestKiller and a few other who also have been practicing. Some of us have gotten an email and some of us have not. All of us were in the top 20 yet some have gotten an invite and some have not.

"Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 12:44:22 -0700

Subject: Re: Tournament of Champions...

To: dponzi17[at]hotmail[dot]com

Hi Dave,

Thanks for playing and joining in on the qualification rounds![/color]

We checked the rankings around 12PM PST this past Friday as we said in our rules and you were 144 on our list. When did you check the leaderboards?

The Behemoth

www.thebehemoth.com"

I was clearly ranked 6th on the weekly leaderboards and have many people who I have been practicing with who also do not understand this email. How could i be ranked 1 on monthly ranks and not play the week of the 13th-17th. There is no possible way that logically makes sense? Thanks again - xSaviorselfx

Edited by megan
Edited e-mail addresses so that people don't get spammed

Behemoth he was 6th u did check the leaderboards right. 144 is his lifetime rank. Besides he's number 1 this month so I think he qualifys. It's not fair that he was 4 places above me and he did not get a friend request and I did.

I could have been ranked 144 of the on the "Player" matches leaderboards maybe? I was under the impression that the "Ranked" leaderboards were the ones being used for the tournament.

"Congratulations to those who made it into the top 100 Weekly Ranked Arena leaderboards to qualify for the XBLA Tournament of Champions" this is taken directly off the blog about the tournament. If this statement about the tournament is true then I don't understand how I could have been ranked 144 when I was rank 6.

Edited by Saviorself

I think I know what behemoth did. There r two weekly leaderboards 1 for ranked and 1 for player matchs. The behemoth must have used the top 100 4 player matchs by mistake. Now u say oh MadBestKiller ur dumb. Well I played both player matches and ranked matches. Everyone I practiced with a lot on players matchs got a friend request while those I did not who made it to top 100 ranked did not get a request. I may be wrong but I think I'm right. I got 1 I thought it was cuz I got 10 ranked but maybe it was cuz I played enough player matches.

That could explain how I'm ranked 47 for the month and they have no record of my on the leaderboards last week... (Thursday was the first time I've launched CC in months) I've only played ranked matches.

That could explain how I'm ranked 47 for the month and they have no record of my on the leaderboards last week... (Thursday was the first time I've launched CC in months) I've only played ranked matches.

So I have talked to a couple others over the past hour and everyone who has gotten an invite has played many "Player" matches. Fuzziskii has proven the wrong leaderboards were checked for this tournament, can we get an admin word on what to do about this or will we all just be screw over by this error?

xTenfoldx, True Konquest, Fuzziskii, nightcrawler415, WootyWootman Imperfect Luck, MadBestKiller have all talked to each other and we have proved that the wrong leaderboards have been checked.

Edited by Saviorself

....REALLY?! D: Seriously, i was literally the first match of the qualifying rounds for that week and i played at LEAST 7 games per day, and i still havent received the friend request either.

Edited by True213

If they checked the player matches then this is a major screw up and the whole tournament is foiled. Bet they didn't even save the list either.

oh no...

We shouldnt' need a screenshot to prove we were ranked high enough. This is ridiculous.

Hi All,

Sorry for not responding until now. We're looking into the issue and will post an update soon! Thanks for your patience.

<3

Meg

• Upvote 2

Problem is how can you tell when that picture was taken.

Unless they randomly thought "hey they will look at the wrong leaderboards and 20+ people will realize this and ill screenshot this just in case that happens." And i know the list of people i put up earlier had the first two pages of ranked memorized and the players. This picture is correct. I honestly thought about taking a picture of the rankings but no1 can predict something like this happening...

Hi All, Sorry for not responding until now. We're looking into the issue and will post an update soon! Thanks for your patience. <3 Meg

Thanks!

they checked the wrong leaderboards... they sent invites to people from the player leaderboards. im feeling scared since i didnt take a screenshot of me in the 70~th spot...

Hi All,

Sorry for not responding until now. We're looking into the issue and will post an update soon! Thanks for your patience.

<3

Meg

Thank you for responding I was at rank 24 when the qualification time ended and I know a few others like Saviorself and slippy were ahead of me. I was having matches against them all week long.

Sorry, I know you guys must be super anxious for an update on the situation. We will post something here by tomorrow evening.

Til tomorrow,

Megan

tumblr_m930qqtZEd1qghkg2o1_1280.jpg

Just in case the Behemoth needs help with the positions, and, as stated in the OP, SaviorSelf is 6th, I am 3rd and so on