Saviorself

Tournament Of Champions Major Issue?

they checked the wrong leaderboards... they sent invites to people from the player leaderboards. im feeling scared since i didnt take a screenshot of me in the 70~th spot...

Hey, I'm glad that I'm not the only one experiencing this problem. At the end of the week, I would say I was among the top thirty. My guess would be this screenshot was taken mid to late Thursday as I did not play on Friday.

Sorry, I know you guys must be super anxious for an update on the situation. We will post something here by tomorrow evening.

Til tomorrow,

Megan

Thanks Megan! I'm glad to hear that the situation is currently being worked on. Plus I got the response to my email and glad to hear things are coming along.

Unfortunately, we do not have a record of your gamertag in the Top 100 of our Weekly Ranked Arena Matches. We would have loved to have you in our contest, but we can only proceed with the list that we had at 12PM PST on Friday.

Hugs,

The Behemoth

:cry:

EDIT:

We're looking into things now. Will let you know as soon as we have an update! Sorry about that. We appreciate you letting us know and thank you for your patience.

-The Behemoth

Just got this. Phew! I hope I'm still in, cause that would just be ridiculous.

Edited by Imperfect Luck
  • Upvote 1

Unfortunately, we do not have a record of your gamertag in the Top 100 of our Weekly Ranked Arena Matches. We would have loved to have you in our contest, but we can only proceed with the list that we had at 12PM PST on Friday.

Hugs,

The Behemoth

:cry:

Pretty silly right?

shame

shame

shame

shame

shame

shame

shame

shame

But really, this is quite a letdown to all those who worked so hard but got nothing.

I really hope this mistake isn't made twice. :?

Oh man. Getting that email would have made my stomach sink. I didn't contact them.

Glad to see they are looking into this.

Everybody take a deep breath for a moment - we'll have this all sorted (or something like that) tomorrow. Everything will work out as fairly as possible. If you've earned a slot I shall do my best to make sure you get it :)

Let's hold off on the screenshots until we hear the official message tomorrow.

Sorry we haven't tackled it a little bit sooner but most of our resources are or were preoccupied with Gamescom, the upcoming PAX Prime, BattleBlock Theater and CC Steam.

This is always such a crazy time of year! Why oh why did the leaderboards have to get close to 3 million right now? Gah!

Sorry about all this.

• Upvote 1

Everybody take a deep breath for a moment - we'll have this all sorted (or something like that) tomorrow. Everything will work out as fairly as possible. If you've earned a slot I shall do my best to make sure you get it :)

Sorry we haven't tackled it a little bit sooner but most of our resources are or were preoccupied with Gamescom, the upcoming PAX Prime, BattleBlock Theater and CC Steam.

This is always such a crazy time of year! Why oh why did the leaderboards have to get close to 3 million right now? Gah!

Sorry about all this.

Don't worry! It is perfectly understandable :) It's just that you guys scared us (a lot) with something we are very excited about! ^^ :P

Sorry about all this.

Considering it took MadBestKiller and I about 10 minutes to figure out the problem I would assume it wouldn't take a company an entire day to figure out they looked at the wrong leaderboards. We have been practicing religiously for weeks and you guys have no records of us playing... that's just silly sorry. I have taken off work and changed my schedule around to play in this tournament. It would be an outrage if we are screwed over because someone isn't smart enough to look at the correct leaderboards for their OWN tournament...

Edited by Saviorself

Just remember guys, this isn't something The Behemoth has to do at all. The tourney is 100% free, which means they're not getting paid a dime to execute it - and it takes quite a bit of time. Yeah, it's a shame that this happened, but it would have been a bigger shame not to have the tourney at all.

*waiting anxiously for the PSN tourney*

• Upvote 2

Just remember guys, this isn't something The Behemoth has to do at all. The tourney is 100% free, which means they're not getting paid a dime to execute it - and it takes quite a bit of time. Yeah, it's a shame that this happened, but it would have been a bigger shame not to have the tourney at all.

*waiting anxiously for the PSN tourney*

You r partly correct the tournament helps everyone out. It helps the community by giving us something fun to do and a chance for honor and prizes. While it helps the behemoth by putting there name out to the world to increase there popularity. They also wanted to accelerate the rate people buy cc so it could be 3000000 and after the tournument battle theater will come out and with behemoth being well know at the time more will buy it it's business kids

theres no way i'm entering this LAG fest....been there....done that....got the tea shirt....no thanx!

That's fine Otto I just hope this can happen cuz when I start school I cant make it. I only have this saturday and next saturday and then all my classes start then including my one saturday class at 12 lol. If the tournument is moved to a Sunday I can do it whenever but I don't expect them to change just cuz of me. But here's a suggestion behemoth. The monthly ranked has everyone who made it to top 100 use that since the weekly is gone unless u guys backup all leaderboards.

Wow, I was actually about to ask the very question if the monthly ranked could be used as a replacement. The pro-CC players are cleary on top of this situation.

I was around 65 and haven't gotten an invite :(

I remember specifically beating Warsteel in the leaderboards and saying "Good enough for me"

As Dan mentioned in another thread, The Behemoth will have an announcement out shortly about this. It appears The Behemoth accidentally used the Player Matches board, instead of the Ranked Matches board, to decide who gets invitations. I'm sure they'll come up with some way to rectify it to everyone's satisfaction.

I was around 65 and haven't gotten an invite :(

I remember specifically beating Warsteel in the leaderboards and saying "Good enough for me"

As Dan mentioned in another thread, The Behemoth will have an announcement out shortly about this. It appears The Behemoth accidentally used the Player Matches board, instead of the Ranked Matches board, to decide who gets invitations. I'm sure they'll come up with some way to rectify it to everyone's satisfaction.

Yes this is correct they sent out invited to the wrong people. Here is my question, It's 100% clear they have made a massive mistake considering no1 played Player Matches because it clearly states that they would be using Ranked Matches. What will they do with the 100 people that actually didn't qualify yet got invites and have been "accepted "'into the tournament? Also will they give invitations to the players who have been playing their asses off to qualify or did we just all waste our time and be completely screwed over?

I'm sure they are working this out to get the honest players who followed what they were told all of us how to get into the tournament. This is a list of players who weren't send an invite but I have been practicing against the last couple of weeks.

xSaviorselfx - Imperfect Luck - Warsteell - toast99 - TR MOJO - Cujsta - XxBurning Ice - Fuzziskii - Reliable Random - Dazuam - nightcrawler415 - True Konquest - Haipe - Unknown Killar - WTFxOpticfanboy - x Stevey boy x - FLARGATRIZZLE - Beardedgoatt - Confessor28 - Hurrikane10

Here is the screenshot again, since some were sceptical about it here is the time and date it was taken ( not my picture, from BeardedGoatt) http://i.imgur.com/RIFLY.jpg

Edited by Saviorself

Toast mojo and I all did get friend requests but only because we played lots of player matchs together. And ranked as well of course. The rest got nothing and countless more need a friend request.

Edited by legitguy11