Sign in to follow this  
BFG

Solo Insane Mode Is Tough.

I forgot exactly how difficult a feat this was. I've managed to move my level 99 Red Knight all the way to the end of Insane Mode, going solo the entire way...but I just can't get past the second wave of the Necromancer Battle. Those darn Beefys keep tossing me around like a ragdoll...

So far, I've only managed to do it once...and that was before my first PS3 died.

Attempts so far: 3 (on this PS3), 12 total

Edited by BFG

That is truly the hardest part in the game. Being an arena master helps a great deal on that level but my success rate with red knight 90 percent. And everyone else like 50 percent. But coop with two jugglers makes it easy.

I haven't figured out how to juggle Beefys consistently yet. I suspect that if I could do that, I'd find this feat considerably easier.

I forgot exactly how difficult a feat this was. I've managed to move my level 99 Red Knight all the way to the end of Insane Mode, going solo the entire way...but I just can't get past the second wave of the Necromancer Battle. Those darn Beefys keep tossing me around like a ragdoll...

So far, I've only managed to do it once...and that was before my first PS3 died.

Nah

It all depends on the character you're using.

Magic that immobilizes an enemy for a few seconds is usually what'll get you the win.

your struggling with Red on Necromancer!?......use yer y magic....spam the hell out of it!....oh.and it helps if you can get a good air combo goin right at the start of the 2nd wave......Necro is easy for Red.

your struggling with Red on Necromancer!?......use yer y magic....spam the hell out of it!....oh.and it helps if you can get a good air combo goin right at the start of the 2nd wave......Necro is easy for Red.

I agree

I've been using Red's Y magic but inevitably manage to have some enemy sneak up behind me and smack me while I'm using it. I need to try to stick to the corners more.

I also have had Beefys repeatedly grab me out of my aerial combos and toss me. I suppose I need to get higher lift.

It also doesn't help that Beefys can run right through his Y magic without getting hit, if their angle and speed is right.

And daikonboy--yeah, good luck with arrow spamming on the 2nd wave :) It's helpful in a pinch - when you have 1 or 2 enemies encroaching on you - but it's not going to help you keep the entire hoard back.

Edited by BFG

I've been using Red's Y magic but inevitably manage to have some enemy sneak up behind me and smack me while I'm using it. I need to try to stick to the corners more.

I also have had Beefys repeatedly grab me out of my aerial combos and toss me. I suppose I need to get higher lift.

It also doesn't help that Beefys can run right through his Y magic without getting hit, if their angle and speed is right.

And daikonboy--yeah, good luck with arrow spamming on the 2nd wave :) It's helpful in a pinch - when you have 1 or 2 enemies encroaching on you - but it's not going to help you keep the entire hoard back.

I'll tell you the Beefy's weaknesses...*whispers* dying. Don't tell anyone else!

Combo on the move when a big guy gets close move away from combo. Use red knight magic when it runs out or u see someone coming behide u run or combo to other side and repeat its easy.

I'll tell you the Beefy's weaknesses...*whispers* dying. Don't tell anyone else!

Uhh...thanks! I think.

Ok I'm just curious and in no way do I mean to be offensive, but didn't you know all of this already? Not only have you been on these forums longer, but aren't you a CC junkie? Have you just forgotten the art that is castle crashing?

No matter how high you are, beefies can still grab you. Just a tip. :P So next time, avoid crossing paths with any of the beefies; especially the Brute.

Ok I'm just curious and in no way do I mean to be offensive, but didn't you know all of this already? Not only have you been on these forums longer, but aren't you a CC junkie? Have you just forgotten the art that is castle crashing?

'Tis a good question! I have a dark secret when it comes to CC: I stink at juggling. I can sort of do it, and can usually stay in the air for a while or at the edge of a screen, but I don't have the full control that a lot of players have. So, to make it through Insane Mode solo, I often have to be rather creative. Sadly, I don't see any way to make it past Necromancer Wave 2 without solid juggling skills...the one time I was able to do so, I think I just got lucky :-P

It probably also doesn't help that I only have time to play an hour or two a week, and my PS3 was broken for 3 months so I'm out of practice!

Yes, I am making excuses. :) But, I do have plenty of incentive to practice now - PS3 tournament of champions!

Edited by BFG

Just going to give my actual two cents and say I haven't even gotten this far on insane mode, and I suck at the Necromancer on a regular playthrough lol. Castle Crashers has too much of a difficulty curve for me to enjoy the immense difficulty of insanity mode solo.

Just going to give my actual two cents and say I haven't even gotten this far on insane mode, and I suck at the Necromancer on a regular playthrough lol. Castle Crashers has too much of a difficulty curve for me to enjoy the immense difficulty of insanity mode solo.

In order to beat insane u need a skill the creators did not even know u can do funny right -_-.

I did it all the way to the final boss then just could not do it...

Interesting. I found the final boss to be (relatively) easy, the one time I made it past Necromancer...

I've noticed on the PS3 and Steam version that enemies have been made more difficult. Beefy's will grab more, be harder to juggle, and regular enemies will use magic attacks when they never did before. Don't have my xbox right now so I can't tell if it applies to that version too.

I've noticed on the PS3 and Steam version that enemies have been made more difficult. Beefy's will grab more, be harder to juggle, and regular enemies will use magic attacks when they never did before. Don't have my xbox right now so I can't tell if it applies to that version too.

I think it does since the 360 version gained the PS3 update. And since the Steam version seems like a ported version of 360 im sure its the same.

Edited by True213