Sign in to follow this  
Providence King

Why Are There So Many Low Leveled Players?

I mean to say, the average player's highest leveled character seems to be around 10-30 (XBL), yet the game has been out for 4 years. Why aren't there many players with legitimate 99s now? All I see is: Noobs (10-30 range, I usually feel compelled to use my few level 30 characters I hate in order to stay fair, but it makes it very hard to enjoy the game), Hackers (10-30 range probably with Hatty and maxed stats yet still manages to do poorly, usually flaunts their stats for 30 seconds at the beginning of the game acting like anyone is impressed), or Ex-256ers (all characters 99 with gold skulls and spams 200+ health kits and bombs in duels, usually flaunts like hacker and also plays very poorly). It saddens me how slowly the community has progressed. I can get a 99 legitimately in 2-3 hours juggling at the thieves forest on insane mode (got my Blacksmith to 99 on the day after his release) yet I still can't manage to find anyone else with a 99 after 4 years. Nobody I see has beaten insane mode on even a single character either, yet I solo'd insane mode with my Beekeeper with relative ease. Half the time I try playing Arena (which I do often since I can be fair while still using my favorite characters) the host gets upset when I choose a level 99, because apparently it still isn't common knowledge that everyone has the same stats in Arena regardless of level. Did all the older players give up on this game or something? I mean I'm glad were getting so many new people to add to the community, but what gives? I'd just like to see some experienced players for a change.

Actually... a lot of the players reset their save data. And some of the older players did leave. I kinda wish they would have the loading screens tell you that in Arena Mode, the does not matter.

And Arena Mode is a competition, especially when they do get upset over leveling. :ninja:

• Farming is not fun
  • Respect other people's choice to not level their characters
  • Use the enter key
  • It is not a competition

1. Four years.

2. Choice? They've chosen to keep every character below 30 for four years..?

3. Looking for things to troll about.

4. Never said it was and this just makes me think you didn't read because of #3.

• Farming is not fun
  • Use the enter key

1. Four years.

4. Never said it was and this just makes me think you didn't read because of #3.

not everyone had the game for four years, and as true said people reset data

• Upvote 1

• Farming is not fun
  • Use the enter key

1. Four years.

not everyone had the game for four years, and as true said people reset data

Everyone did? I highly doubt that, what I'm saying is why can't I find a single person with a higher leveled character that didn't use some form of glitch or hack.

1. Four years.

I can get a 99 legitimately in 2-3 hours juggling at the thieves forest on insane mode (got my Blacksmith to 99 on the day after his release)

that, and assuming everyone had and played the game for four years.

Not playing the game/not farming is a choice.

1. You come to this forum and start a terrible thread to showcase your elitism
  2. Multiple sane people with more posts/rep than you tell you what's wrong with your opinion, backed up by facts
  3. You call them trolls

Think before you post

Not everybody is a hammer legion comp player. Some people buy the game to play it a few times and just have

fun

• Upvote 3

that, and assuming everyone had and played the game for four years

Which was part of my question.

Not playing the game/not farming is a choice.

That still doesn't make it any less bizarre that finding a single high level is an extreme rarity. Surely there are still people who like the game enough to play it regularly.

1. You come to this forum and start a terrible thread to showcase your elitism
  2. Multiple sane people with more posts/rep than you tell you what's wrong with your opinion, backed up by facts
  3. You call them trolls

Think before you post

Wasn't being elitist, sorry if I bent your epeen as I can tell you are that kind of person judging the fact that you bring up rep to a casual forum user, are very hostile on an honest question, and go all paragraph nazi on me. Nobody told me I was wrong, this isn't a topic that even asks for a you're right or you're wrong response, again read the thread, you are obviously just bored and looking for hostility, I am not new to the internet. I only called YOU a troll because your post was very unhelpful and hardly related to the question, mostly just criticism because of some false sense of entitlement. Maybe you should take a second to think of something less hostile before you post, and try being helpful, I won't respond to anything further that is just looking for a negative response.

Not everybody is a hammer legion comp player. Some people buy the game to play it a few times and just have

fun

What does that even have to do with what you quoted.

Sorry if my post gets messed up, not sure how quoting works on this forum.

For starters, making a topic to tell everyone how much you despise a certain part of the community is not a good start.

How dare they not be high level!

Now please, think before you make your next thread, and use the enter key to make your posts easier to read.

I mean to say, the average player's highest leveled character seems to be around 10-30 (XBL),

Hmm! I'm curious where you concluded this data from.

Is this number based on the perception of the players that end up joining your game? Did you the check leaderboards and average an equation between the dropoff at certain points between the 2,990,000 players?

If the average player is around level 20-30, there are a lot of factors that could contribute to this.

A lot of friends play alongside someone and after the experience is over they are done playing, or done playing that character.

Remember that once you switch you'd have to play even more time than the old character to have a new entry on the leaderboards. It's possible people play many more times but they are not getting more experience points than their first run due to no grinding.

Many people are just hearing about Castle Crashers, or picking it up for the first time today!

I actually level characters to the point where they'd be decent for the arena (weapon requirements) and stop at that point.

• Upvote 5

I mean to say, the average player's highest leveled character seems to be around 10-30 (XBL),

Hmm! I'm curious where you concluded this data from.

Is this number based on the perception of the players that end up joining your game? Did you the check leaderboards and average an equation between the dropoff at certain points between the 2,990,000 players?

If the average player is around level 20-30, there are a lot of factors that could contribute to this.

A lot of friends play alongside someone and after the experience is over they are done playing, or done playing that character.

Remember that once you switch you'd have to play even more time than the old character to have a new entry on the leaderboards. It's possible people play many more times but they are not getting more experience points than their first run due to no grinding.

Many people are just hearing about Castle Crashers, or picking it up for the first time today!

I actually level characters to the point where they'd be decent for the arena (weapon requirements) and stop at that point.

Thanks for the post Dan, I didn't expect a staff member to respond to this. What I meant was the average player I meet in-game, I am unsure of the average on the leaderboards but it wouldn't help me here since alot of the players on the leaderboards may have stopped playing.

One factor I'd say contributes to people staying stuck at lower levels may be the fact that most players seem unaware of the fact that you must return to the map to retain any experienced earned while playing, and often a player will leave mid level causing the game to end for everyone.

However, I think it is mostly just the majority of long term players have simply stopped playing. It seems unlikely to me that alot of players simply reset their data, seeing as the majority of the players I am paired up with have a very low weapon and pet count and I'm sure a long term player could rack those up fairly easily, it seems much more likely to me that they are just new players. But why have so many of the older castle crashers left?

Edited by Providence King
  • Upvote 1

However, I think it is mostly just the majority of long term players have simply stopped playing. It seems unlikely to me that alot of players simply reset their data, seeing as the majority of the players I am paired up with have a very low weapon and pet count and I'm sure a long term player could rack those up fairly easily, it seems much more likely to me that they are just new players. But why have so many of the older castle crashers left?

Often times long term players have been there since the beginning.

Playing a game as simple as Castle Crashers for 4 years? I would probably be done with it too.

I rarely play the game (as do my buddies), and I've only had it for 2 years. I've played through with every character at least twice, and I've gotten over 1000 Arena wins. Doing these two tasks is VERY repetitive, and until you do them yourself, you probably won't understand the feeling afterwards.

The thrill of beating Insane Mode is gone, there's no challenge in the Arena, and there's nothing else to unlock. What's the point of playing a completed game? Move on to the next one. :-P Just my 02 cents. (I'm not saying I don't play anymore, by the way. But it's only with friends in Arena or something.) PSN.

I'm too lazy to go through and reply to everything, so I'm going to sum up my thoughts. Most players are like me, we play through the game a few times, and play when we feel like it. We don't care about levels AT ALL. I know plenty of people that are like that. And like it's been said, most people haven't had it for four years. I've had it for close to two years now, and I think my highest character is only level 50 because I don't want to grind or anything like that.

In response to Scarabix trolling you, I will speak in defense saying that reading a lot without a little space can be a tad tiring. Everyone makes mistakes though.

And lastly, if you stick around, you'll learn Dan posts all of the time. I had the same reaction when Dan responded to one of my first posts, and I was in awe.

Edited by Dropped Your Pocket

My answer's simple - I lost all my data when my PS3 crashed.

That said, I see a lot of 10-30s on the PS3, but I also see a lot of 50-70s. I see very few over 80 however.

In response to Scarabix trolling you, I will speak in defense saying that reading a lot without a little space can be a tad tiring. Everyone makes mistakes though.

When I was your age trolling still meant something.

Calling out someone on their syntax/spelling is not trolling. I think that by now, every person on this forum should be able to write intelligible posts.

When I was your age trolling still meant something.

Calling out someone on their syntax/spelling is not trolling. I think that by now, every person on this forum should be able to write intelligible posts.

I think that everyone should be able to type in proper syntax. It's all about formality. You don't need to be formal on a forum, but if you're not, nobody will take you seriously. I even use proper grammar and punctuation when I'm sending text messages, it's just polite.

I think that everyone should be able to type in proper syntax. It's all about formality. You don't need to be formal on a forum, but if you're not, nobody will take you seriously. I even use proper grammar and punctuation when I'm sending text messages, it's just polite.

I'm the same way. :P

Even in PSN messages and such, whether I'm in a hurry or not.

It just shows you're a smart guy.

I'm the same way. :P

Even in PSN messages and such, whether I'm in a hurry or not.

It just shows you're a smart guy.

Or gal ;-)

my answer goes like this...all my knights are legit gold 99's,i been playin shortly after launch and if you joined my game you'd probably quit thinking i'm a hacker....so quit your whining.

my answer goes like this...all my knights are legit gold 99's,i been playin shortly after launch and if you joined my game you'd probably quit thinking i'm a hacker....so quit your whining.

Wat..? I know the people I play with are ex 256ers because they somehow posses 200 something potions and chug them in duels to their hearts content. I have no qualms with legitimate players and have plenty of 99s myself, so why would I quit?

Also no need to go around thinking people deem you as intelligent for using basic grammar on the interwebs, I use it fine myself but I don't make a big deal out of it and act like it makes me superior to people who don't, they're just using the faster method. The paragraphing was my bad, the threads I'm usually browsing nowadays don't care about that sort of thing, so my apologies for forgetting. But I cringe every time I see someone act all elitist about that sort of thing.

Edited by Providence King

well i can assure you i never been 256.i dont have any hidden items.and i stick to my claim,if guys see my 99 golds they just immediately quit 'cos they dont wanna play with a hacker [who is 100% legit.]

but i have to say the last time i had a mp session i never once met anyone who wanted to do insane (which is all i play).and i gave up when i met a lvl99 who wanted to do normal mode lol."cos it's fun" he said...2 lvl 99's beating normal Barbs "fun" !?!?

agreed lots of new players mostly around lvl 30's,but i aint complaining i got other games to play.