Dropped Your Pocket

[Poll] Opinions On Forum Mods

Opinions on the Mods  

29 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel the Mods deal with things around the forums?

• The Mods need to work a little harder
    • The Mods are doing great!
    • Mods? What Mods?
    • We need more Mods on the job (different time zones, etc.)
    • MODS R = GAWD!!1!11

Some may know about Scarabix's recent departure from the forums, and claims it is due to the Mods around the forums. It made me think, does anyone else have thoughts on the Mods? I want this thread to be honest opinions, no you-know-what kissing. I want my fellow users to give their opinions about how the Mods have been responding to situations around the forums of late.

Discussion starts now.

I'd say they're doing great.

They keep these forums family-friendly, take care of all the spammers, enforce the law, and so much more, whilst dealing with their lives. I really do appreciate how much they've done around here. :)

im not butt kissing but so far i only see a few mods but because some of them are very secretive. the most un-secretive I've seen is sushi gummy, dan, and megan, but they get along with everybody and are really nice :) . im pretty sure i've missed some mods so im sorry if i missed you :( .

im not butt kissing but so far i only see a few mods but because some of them are very secretive. the most un-secretive I've seen is sushi gummy, dan, and megan, but they get along with everybody and are really nice :) . im pretty sure i've missed some mods so im sorry if i missed you :( .

Technically, and I mean very technically, Dan is actually an Admin, not a Mod. Technically. Da Milk Man is another well known Mod as of late, but there's no too many else that are on here regularly.

Technically, and I mean very technically, Dan is actually an Admin, not a Mod. Technically. Da Milk Man is another well known Mod as of late, but there's no too many else that are on here regularly.

i thought you were including admins as well? oh well my bad :P

I really do feel that Scarabix was being wayyy too ignorant with them. These mods are all part of the community, and they let us have our fun. Just check out the Haiku Thread or the Wreck-it Ralph thread.

I always have been confused where the fine line is with the sexual jokes and what not though. I mean, Alien Hominid had a building in the background that said "ENLARGE YOUR BODY PARTS," and yet the fourms claim that they want to stay family friendly.

I digress, the mods are doing an excellent job and we're lucky to have such a good community going here. Even though we're in a bit of a rough patch.

I've been applying to be a mod for years now.

I thought you had to be offered to be a Mod?

Nope!

They ask for volunteers every year or so. I think that time is actually coming soon, too. :P

But yea, you have to apply, and they'll choose the user(s) that qualifies the best.

Nope!

They ask for volunteers every year or so. I think that time is actually coming soon, too. :P

But yea, you have to apply, and they'll choose the user(s) that qualifies the best.

Ooooh, I get it now :-)

Nope!

Actually at one point I just stopped wanting to be a mod.

But then I heard that they were gonna start looking for new mods and I applied just because I didn't want the newbies to become mods.

• Upvote 1

I really do feel that Scarabix was being wayyy too ignorant with them

Or you could aknowledge that there was an obvious double standards at times where some people got warnings for just stating their opinions (see: fel saying the mods were being too strict).

There's some obvious bias going on at times and this should be a vote option.

Mods got rid of scarabix I'll never forgive them, even though scarabix posts on things about mods all the time... I'll never forgive them.

That's not a very nice thing to say, the Mods are just trying to keep the peace around here.

Mods got rid of scarabix I'll never forgive them, even though scarabix posts on things about mods all the time... I'll never forgive them.

That's not a very nice thing to say, the Mods are just trying to keep the peace around here.

I'm not a very nice person.

By the way I didn't meant that as like a blargh I'm a mean man I meant it as a word of warning and that if I do say something mean I don't really mean it (half the time)

Edited by daikonboy101

If you go to Scarabix's thread, Sushi explained in detail what went down

So can we get an unbiased answer on what actually went down?

I guess i didn't get the memo

PM it to me, i don't care