Sign in to follow this  
GILLHUHN

No Steam Pre Order?

Why is Castle Crashers not availible for pre-purchase on Steam? Usually when a game comes out on Steam you can pre order it and it either gives you like 10% off or a bonus in game item or a TF2 itme or something. Regardless come 1PM Eastern time I will be playing Castle Crashers!

Edited by GILLHUHN

To be honest, I think $15 with $2 DLC on top of that at launch is a little steep, especially considering the game's been out for so long on other platforms. I bought it anyway though since I like The Behemoth a lot, but I just hope the King and Necromancer packs make their way over to Steam eventually.

Follow-up question: Why is the belated PC version $15? The game launched on XBLA at 1200 Points, but that was over four years ago.

While the Xbox version was $15 4 years ago you have to remember the first 2 DLC packs were $2 piece on Xbox we get those included for free. To add to that also remember the DLC is $2 on Xbox and only $0.99 on Steam. Edited by GILLHUHN

Huh, no 4-pack, oddly expensive price, expensive DLC, some DLC appears to be missing.

Off to a bit of an odd start guys. Did you leave some of this stuff out for a reason? Was pricing the game as high as you did a necessity?

Why would it matter what price it was on Xbox...? Just because it's on PC, doesn't mean it will be/should be any cheaper than a console version.

Edited by Dropped Your Pocket

Follow-up question: Why is the belated PC version $15? The game launched on XBLA at 1200 Points, but that was over four years ago.

While the Xbox version was $15 4 years ago you have to remember the first 2 DLC packs were $2 piece on Xbox we get those included for free. To add to that also remember the DLC is $2 on Xbox and only $0.99 on Steam.

I wasn't aware of that, but even so it means the game at its current price is equivalent to a price drop of $1 per year. I'm sure you'll agree that such pricing inertia is, given the PC DD market, rather odd. (Also, the additional DLC being cheaper is irrelevant to my question.)

Why would it matter what price it was on Xbox...? Just because it's on PC, doesn't mean it will be/should be any cheaper than a console version.

Of course not, but as I clearly mentioned, the base game is four years old (slightly more, in fact), and as mentioned above, even including the first two DLC packs, the price is still relatively high.

DYP's post gives the impression that my original post wasn't clear in its intent, so I'll say that I'm not obnoxiously arguing that the game should be cheaper, but rather I just find its launch price rather strange, given the circumstances.