megan

Castle Crashers Steam! Its Here!

9/28 - Latest update for Castle Crashers Steam: The free demo is now up on Steam.

9/26 - Latest update for Castle Crashers Steam: 4 Pack is now live! http://store.steampo...com/app/204360/

Oh my garsh! I'm so excited! Here's what we just posted on the dev blog:

CCSteam.jpg

Today is Castle Crashers Steam launch day! We've had a few of these already in the past with XBLA and PSN releases, but that doesn't mean they can get any less exciting. Can you feel that? That's excitement! Castle Crashers has been played by over 3 million people just like YOU since its release back in 2008. Thanks to all of YOUR support days like today are possible where we get to share our four knights with the Steam Community.

To celebrate release day we are doing giveaways at every hour! Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Forums to enter the various contests for your chance to win a free copy of Castle Crashers on Steam, some merchandise, and maybe even a brand new CAR!!! (nope)

Some gaming publications are planning to join in today with the celebrations, so in addition to the large amounts of free stuff we're giving out today, check out the following sites for even more chances to win stuff:

www.co-optimus.com

www.gamespot.com

www.gamespy.com

www.gamezone.com

www.ign.com

www.joystiq.com

www.theverge.com/gaming

Each of those sites will be doing their own Castle Crashers Steam giveaways through either their website or Twitter. Feel free to come back here later! We may have updated links to their direct giveaways.

• Upvote 1

Nice!

I hope your day won't be too hard validating all these forum posts :?

That has to be the one drawback of the 5 post system: giveaway/release days. :oops:

That's really nice of everyone to do this, though. Thanks :-P

So I see their are two paid DLC packs, the Pink and Blacksmith. Are the other DLC included free (king/necro)? Looks like a lot of people are mad about the price tag + dlc, which I don't understand.

Edited by Giraffey

Yey !! Thanks for this, i've finished the game on the ps3 in the last 2,3year in insane with all unlocked (lvl 99) and i wanted to know if the dev will be released a level editor ! >_< will be cool ! with all model/sound/tiles/speech/fx/trigger blablabla even a workshop to create nice 2D Campaign model =) if it's possible to have a Beta key or the full game giveaway thanks you Behemoth Studio.

Operating System:

Windows 2.6.1.7601 (Service Pack 1)

CPU Type:

Intel® Core™ i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz

CPU Speed:

3.41 GHz

System Memory:

7.98 GB

Video Card Model:

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580

Video Card Memory:

3.97 GB

Video Card Driver:

nvd3dum.dll

Desktop Resolution:

1920x1080

Hard Disk Size:

1.81 TB

Hard Disk Free Space:

1.64 TB (91%)

~UberLordNightshades

Starcraft 2,Diablo 3 HardCore player

deadfeol@hotmail.fr

i hope the necromancer will summon me a giveaway xD OMG !! The princess. !

Glad to connect my ps3 controller to play castle crasher PC. Unlocked in 1H ! AwwwwwwweEeeeeeeeSooooooMmmmmmmEEEEEEEE 

Is there a specific place I should watch on the forums for the contests?

Probably the Castle Crashers forum...but I might sneak a contest on a random thread. Keep your eyes open! Wide open. Don't blink.

Probably the Castle Crashers forum...but I might sneak a contest on a random thread. Keep your eyes open! Wide open. Don't blink.

A piece of advice for the new forumgoers: a good use of the various search functions included on this site might be able to keep you updated with the lastest giveaways.

A piece of advice for the new forumgoers: a good use of the various search functions included on this site might be able to keep you updated with the lastest giveaways.

Another piece of advice, post five posts on other forums so that you don't have to wait for ages and someone else gets it.

Edited by daikonboy101
  • Upvote 1

Another piece of advice, post five posts on other forums so that you don't have to wait for ages and someone else gets it.

Why 5? (:

It's been changed to 3 posts before you become an active member. Once you're an active member, mods don't need to approve your posts before they are visible on the forums.

It's been changed to 3 posts before you become an active member. Once you're an active member, mods don't need to approve your posts before they are visible on the forums.

thats good it will make things a lot earier for us new people

Also, the Current packs, the Blacksmith one for sure, come with at least 1 animal orb (cant remember what had what on Xbox) but the antler-frog,... thing... isnt in the Ark :/

Oh, thanks for "help" ^^

from what it seems, the PC version of CC is disappointing.

there is no new features. they didn't even bother to add more than 12 achievements.

there is no text chat.... no v-sync.... the higher resolutions are just the 720p rez stretched... what? and, as far as can tell, there's no way to turn off voice chat completely? why was there even a need for VC, when Steam already has it built in?

decided to not buy it. not until they patch it to justify spending the $15 on it. it really is sad that its nothing more than a console port with nothing extra :/

is there even gonna be any patches? or is the game being left the way it is? does Behemoth even read these forums?

also, the 2 other packs are just unlockable like the PS3 version, its disapointing. would rather pay $$$ to unlock them than have to play thru Insane mode. maybe Behemoth should consider adding the packs in as an alternate other than to playing the game to unlock them, along with fixing the above mentioned.

anyway, as it is now, no buy. really wanted CC for the PC, but am not buying a lazy console port. especially not for $15.

Edited by chikkin